Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking VPS Accessible from Turkmenistan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking VPS Accessible from Turkmenistan

Hi there

I'm posting on behalf of a friend who is looking for a reliable VPS provider. The key requirement is that the VPS should be accessible from Turkmenistan. We are looking for suggestions on providers who offer stable and consistent service in this region.

Any recommendations for VPS providers that have a good track record of being accessible from Turkmenistan would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, if there are any specific considerations or configurations needed for optimal access from this location, that information would also be helpful. :)

Comments

• jenkkijenkki Member

Joined yesterday?

Rhetorical question. Who even knows who has access from Turkmenistan other than the citizens of this country?

• I think even if someone knew some VPS using IP space not blocked in Turkmenistan it wouldn't stay this way for long once you've setup your VPN (that's your goal i guess?).

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

If it works today, by the end of the week it likely won't.

Thanked by 2MikeA mmuyskens
  • Did you find anything?

I'm mostly curious in how you found a solution than about the solution. Search engines are miserable at reaching peccaminous knowledge.

In case, iHostArt (aff) (no aff) is likely under the radar.

• zGatozGato Member

What @MannDude said is mostly how it will end unfortunately, but I have a bunch of VPSs with a lot of different IP ranges. If you can tell me a way for you to check if they're blocked, I'm free to helping you out :)

Thanked by 2MannDude yoursunny
  • Turkmenistan has a great firewall, but if its a personal usage only and you consume just some little bandwidth proxify it with Cloudfront through WebSockets and use external apps/software with WebSockets/payload support ofc (just do some research about it). Its almost helpless just finding it or using it directly. It will just be block in a matter of hours/lucky in days

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 10

@zGato said:
    What @MannDude said is mostly how it will end unfortunately, but I have a bunch of VPSs with a lot of different IP ranges. If you can tell me a way for you to check if they're blocked, I'm free to helping you out :)

At least in our experience it seems that they're pretty quick to ban IPs. We used to entertain the idea of swapping IPs for customers impacted by this, because we do feel bad for them. But I'm pretty sure our entire AS is banned now.

Beyond the IP changes needed, the customers were fine. No abuse. Didn't beg for discounts or refunds as might be found common in other restrictive areas of the world (China, namely), and always paid at full price (We're not really a 'lowend' company in terms of pricing). From a business standpoint, I'd do more to help them if I knew how. Sadly their government just doesn't want them to access the free and open internet.

Thanked by 2rsk sh97
  • I'd use one of the many existing unblockable methods and if needed use a cheap vps as endpoint for full networking

• @lowenduser1 said:
    I'd use one of the many existing unblockable methods and if needed use a cheap vps as endpoint for full networking

How? Do you mind to share?

• @hyena56 said:

@lowenduser1 said:
    I'd use one of the many existing unblockable methods and if needed use a cheap vps as endpoint for full networking

How? Do you mind to share?

No. but it does sound you don't really need unrestricted IP but rather want to cross. It will just lead to that IP being banned

• yusrayusra Member

@hyena56 said: Turkmenistan has a great firewall, but if its a personal usage only and you consume just some little bandwidth proxify it with Cloudfront through WebSockets and use external apps/software with WebSockets/payload support ofc (just do some research about it)

How do they detect that user is using VPN? there are solutions out there (such as NaïveProxy) that make the traffic almost indistinguishable from routine web browsing.

• @yusra said:

@hyena56 said: Turkmenistan has a great firewall, but if its a personal usage only and you consume just some little bandwidth proxify it with Cloudfront through WebSockets and use external apps/software with WebSockets/payload support ofc (just do some research about it)

How do they detect that user is using VPN? there are solutions out there (such as NaïveProxy) that make the traffic almost indistinguishable from routine web browsing.

Exactly. Thats the reason they'll be having hard time distinguishing your traffic because your behind a CDN. They just cant simply block AWS ranges. There a lot of website running on AWS. It will just show like a normal requests from AWS server instead

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@MannDude said:

@zGato said:

At least in our experience it seems that they're pretty quick to ban IPs. We used to entertain the idea of swapping IPs for customers impacted by this, because we do feel bad for them. But I'm pretty sure our entire AS is banned now.

Beyond the IP changes needed, the customers were fine. No abuse. Didn't beg for discounts or refunds as might be found common in other restrictive areas of the world (China, namely), and always paid at full price (We're not really a 'lowend' company in terms of pricing). From a business standpoint, I'd do more to help them if I knew how. Sadly their government just doesn't want them to access the free and open internet.

Exactly this. We have seen a similar thing as well. I really enjoy working with them, and they’re amazing clients with literally zero abuse.

We have some Turkmenistan users eho use our services, so to OP, you can check out our looking glass in both uk and usa

https://spk-lg.layer.ae/
    https://cov-lg.layer.ae/

• @rsk said: We have some Turkmenistan users eho use our services

How many?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@jenkki said:

@rsk said: We have some Turkmenistan users eho use our services

How many?

If I’ll take a wild guess, I’d say 10 ish?

• @rsk said: If I’ll take a wild guess, I’d say 10 ish?

:smiley: