Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it only me, or one thread just gone missing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it only me, or one thread just gone missing?

verovero Member, Host Rep

If it's accidental, LET admins should check forum data for integrity, if it's intentional - pitty then, locking would have been sufficient.

Thanked by 2darkimmortal tentor

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

It was removed. I can't find it either. Unbelievable.

• Are you expecting us to guess which thread you're thinking about? Out of the thousands that have ever been created?

• LeviLevi Member

@Maelstrom36 said:
    Are you expecting us to guess which thread you're thinking about? Out of the thousands that have ever been created?

I had created a thread about RU business ban on this forum. After answer from JB that he is Ukrainian and see no problems of Russians advertising here - thread was removed/hidden.

• LET has evidently begun censoring their forum even more than before, despite @jbiloh stating that he disagrees with people being censored.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@Levi said:

@Maelstrom36 said:
    Are you expecting us to guess which thread you're thinking about? Out of the thousands that have ever been created?

I had created a thread about RU business ban on this forum. After answer from JB that he is Ukrainian and see no problems of Russians advertising here - thread was removed/hidden.

SBU did it fast.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I'm unsure whether I should find that censorship ridiculous or saddening. It seems LET has changed - and not for the better.

• xrzxrz Member

who cares of russia orcs? ban them to death :D

Thanked by 1thane
  • malignifymalignify Member
    edited January 9

Oh the sCRiPTzter.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

The forum already has a thread for people to discuss their feelings about Russia. That thread had no possibility of being anything other than a continuation of that thread and you know it. The request was denied, and that was the only unique thing about it. Further discussion of the topic would fit well in that existing thread.

• LeviLevi Member

@jar said:
    The forum already has a thread for people to discuss their feelings about Russia. That thread had no possibility of being anything other than a continuation of that thread and you know it. The request was denied, and that was the only unique thing about it. Further discussion of the topic would fit well in that existing thread.

Then why not merge it? Or at least just close. Hidding or deleting it shows that info presented in that thread was uncomfortable for someone...

Thanked by 1tentor
  • verovero Member, Host Rep

@jar said:
    That thread had no possibility of being anything other than a continuation of that thread and you know it.

What thread are you actually talking about?

P. S. No need to answer if you can't provide the link.

• davidedavide Member
    edited January 9

@sillycat said:
    LET has evidently begun censoring their forum even more than before, despite @jbiloh stating that he disagrees with people being censored.

I want to be polite because Mr. @yoursunny will throw me the book otherwise, the heaviest and hardest of the shelve, straight into the face. But I think you are, politely speaking, kindly missing a simple point. The so called "free speech" happening within that thread was aimed at silencing people. Now kindly lend your intelligence upon this notion :)

• _MS__MS_ Member

One Megathread should be enough.
    If that's not enough, maybe create a Discord server dedicated to that.
    Most people here like drama related to hosting, deadpools, deals, etc., not about politics, wars, and bigotry.

• @jar said:

I also remember seeing comments pointing to the other discussion. This was already a clear indication that it was being derailed with political or other crap.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@vero said: SBU did it fast.

The moderators are really good at not letting nazi content through on an international forum. Not the whole world dances to your tune There are many adequate people.

• jenkkijenkki Member

I really laugh when some people think they can somehow hurt the other side with this.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I'll look into this.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I agree that these kind of threads are just bait threads for the war. I agree with its removal, and no, I didn't remove it.

• @Arkas said:
    I agree that these kind of threads are just bait threads for the war. I agree with its removal, and no, I didn't remove it.

I fully agree. One thread where people foaming from their mouths can vent their aggression is more than enough.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • xaocxaoc Member

@jenkki said:

@vero said: SBU did it fast.

The moderators are really good at not letting nazi content through on an international forum.

Not very good, if you're still here. 🖕🤡

• VoidVoid Member

Most probably, OP deleted it himself to save further embarrassment after declaring, ‘LET is owned by a US guy, and since the US is banning all Russian things, ban all Russian providers.’ But the owner himself came forward and stated he’s Ukrainian with no reason to ban anyone.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@xaoc said: Not very good, if you're still here.

Come out to the battlefield and we'll talk. Everyone here is brave.

• jenkkijenkki Member

@jmaxwell said: Most probably

Russian providers who are represented on the LET have paid an advance for entry. It's not free. Can the OP refund their money himself? :smiley:

• Thanks moderators for doing the right thing, I also hate freedom of speech.
    We must show these orks where is their place!

• itsdeadjimitsdeadjim Member
    edited January 9

@ShlomoShekelstein said:
    Thanks moderators for doing the right thing, I also hate freedom of speech.

Yeah deleting threads is the excellent way to show superiority.

• @itsdeadjim said:

@ShlomoShekelstein said:
    Thanks moderators for doing the right thing, I also hate freedom of speech.

Yeah banning threads is the excellent way to show superiority.

I agree, we do it on daily basis here at ADL.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@Levi said: After answer from JB that he is Ukrainian

There is a place called Bilohorivka in Ukraine.
    Wow, small world!

• Archives of the thread in question if anyone is curious:
    Page 1 https://archive.is/I2zEC
    Page 2 https://archive.is/oCyiJ

I like this comment in particular:

Thanked by 1tentor
  • xaocxaoc Member

@jenkki said:

@xaoc said: Not very good, if you're still here.

Come out to the battlefield and we'll talk. Everyone here is brave.

That's not how this works, the boss doesn't come to you, it's you who has to get to the boss. 🖕🤡

• jenkkijenkki Member

@ShlomoShekelstein said: if anyone is curious:

You just join a hour ago?

Maybe ban all Israelis or vice versa? What you think?

This discussion has been closed.