Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS - ISO upload issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS - ISO upload issue

JackMeOffJackMeOff Member
edited January 8 in Help

Hello all, I have an ISO prepared but having issues setting this up properly for uploading (admittedly, I'm not very skilled when it comes to setting up a web server).

My VPS provider is unable to assist - here's the relevant portion of their reply:
We have included the ability to add your own ISO via a URL and install any operating system we don't currently support as you may have noticed however, the URL/Webserver you are using must have valid SSL and support stream and must not redirect. This is a limitation of libvirt due to the enhanced security of streaming and ISO via a URL.

Edit1: rather than setting-up my own web server - is there a third party service I can use to temporarily upload my ISO that would be compatible with the above requirements?

Edit2: for context - https://prnt.sc/kOXkrCueP57o

Appreciate any advice.
Thanks

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member

'issues'
    Not a single issue described.

Solution:
    Just make it work.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

Setup own webserver with LetsEncrypt certificate and chunk download

• @JabJab said:
    'issues'
    Not a single issue described.

Solution:
    Just make it work.

I have edited my OP...

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 8

Send me a PM with the link and I'll send you one that will work but frankly any direct URL should work. But otherwise an easy option would be to use some cheap S3 service like Amazon or Contabo storage.

Edit: Filebin might work.

Thanked by 1JackMeOff
  • woodster050woodster050 Member, Host Rep

I'm Confused as to why you can't just upload your own ISO, on our panel you can just upload the iso

@woodster050 said:
    I'm Confused as to why you can't just upload your own ISO, on our panel you can just upload the iso

Some panels only allow URL mounting or mounting via admin side.

Fair enough, but strange we use virtualizor

@woodster050 said:
    Fair enough, but strange we use virtualizor

Virtfusion allows URL attaching, which I personally think is vastly better than storing customer files locally. Avoids multiple potential issues.

Hi,

Hmmm I can see the benefit in that case to the supplier.

• MMMMMMMMMMMM Member
    edited January 8

Upload to archive.org and get direct link, but the speed is slow

• JabJabJabJab Member

@MikeA said: Virtfusion allows URL attaching, which I personally think is vastly better than storing customer files locally. Avoids multiple potential issues.

I can't imagine people on theirs shitty network uploading 4GB ISOs for 4-6 hours and when it ultimately fail they open support ticket complaining.

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

Make a subdomain, install Apache and enable flexible SSL via Cloudflare should be fine

• https://fileditch.com/ will give you a direct link.