Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Year! New AMD RYZEN MicroDedi Machines
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Year! New AMD RYZEN MicroDedi Machines

DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Tiny little machines all dedicated to you.

We are located in Spring, Texas - Looking Glass

First come first serve.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700U @ 4.3GHz
12GB RAM
1TB NVMe
Latest Ubuntu
1 IPv4 Address
/64 IPv6 Address

$39.99 / Monthly
$34.99 / Monthly If paid Annually/Biennially/Triennially

All machines comes with 1Gbps ports

Don't be "that person" and blast the port. Otherwise you will be line limited to 100Mbps. If you know you will be using a lot of sustained bandwidth please let us know and we will line limit the port to help out the rest of the neighbors.
We accept Credit/Debit Cards/ Alipay/ Crypto
All packages are prorated. Meaning you will pay for the rest of this month and then next month.

Please note: This service is NOT instant. All activation is manually done and not to worry as long as you pass the fraud checks.

Limited supply available.

https://my2.dataideas.com/store/dedicated/amd-ryzen-7-5700u-at-43ghz

Comments

• amarcamarc Veteran

What is "micro dedi" and how did you come up with 12GB RAM ? Is this something shared ?

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 7

@amarc said:
    What is "micro dedi" and how did you come up with 12GB RAM ? Is this something shared ?

Well it is actually 16GB in the machine but the CPU is taking some for the built in GPU. So the OS reads 12.6GB

And its Micro Dedi and its a micro machine.

• edited January 7

Leave it up to AMD to have multiple CPU arches within the same "generation". If you were expecting Zen 3 like me note 5700U is Zen 2.

Thanked by 1lowenddude
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 7

Nice Josh! I was wondering who the first one would be to take advantage of these ultra low power CPUs. I'm assuming these can do 32/64GB RAM?

Thanked by 2DataIdeas-Josh artxs

@MrRadic said:
    Nice Josh! I was wondering who the first one would be to take advantage of these ultra low power CPUs. I'm assuming these can do 32/64GB RAM?

I've seen up to 32GB is the ones I really want to get. But I am seeing on how these go before I order more.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    Tiny little machines all dedicated to you.

We are located in Spring, Texas - Looking Glass

First come first serve.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700U @ 4.3GHz
    12GB RAM
    1TB NVMe
    Latest Ubuntu
    1 IPv4 Address
    /64 IPv6 Address

$39.99 / Monthly
    $34.99 / Monthly If paid Annually/Biennially/Triennially

All machines comes with 1Gbps ports

Don't be "that person" and blast the port. Otherwise you will be line limited to 100Mbps. If you know you will be using a lot of sustained bandwidth please let us know and we will line limit the port to help out the rest of the neighbors.
    We accept Credit/Debit Cards/ Alipay/ Crypto
    All packages are prorated. Meaning you will pay for the rest of this month and then next month.

Please note: This service is NOT instant. All activation is manually done and not to worry as long as you pass the fraud checks.

Limited supply available.

https://my2.dataideas.com/store/dedicated/amd-ryzen-7-5700u-at-43ghz

We need hardware pictures!

Thanked by 1lnx
  • theuniversestheuniverses Member
    edited January 7

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    Well it is actually 16GB in the machine but the CPU is taking some for the built in GPU. So the OS reads 12.6GB

That seems odd, it should not be taking that much for the GPU unless you're running something thats using the GPU. Is this with a headless Ubuntu/Debian install?

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@theuniverses said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

That seems odd, it should not be taking that much for the GPU unless you're running something thats using the GPU. Is this with a headless Ubuntu/Debian install?

Ryzen igpu tends to take 4gb, very normal.

• Any ipmi/kvm?

• theuniversestheuniverses Member
    edited January 7

@entrailz said:
    Ryzen igpu tends to take 4gb, very normal.

Source?

I've had Ryzen 3x00G and 5x00G before and I've never seen it take that much with a headless OS running.

https://community.frame.work/t/reserved-ram-ram-allocation-for-amd-rdna3-igpu/32947/6

That aligns with my experience with AMD (and Intel) iGPUs, where the initial allocation is small, like 128MB to 512MB and then the iGPU takes more from the system RAM as needed, depending on its workload.

Edit:
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-280
    It looks like there might be a BIOS setting to change/lower it.

• Any chance for bigger storage?

@jason5545 said:
    Any chance for bigger storage?

How much more storage you would like?

@darkimmortal no ipmi/kvm
    If there is a custom OS that you would like rather than Ubuntu Latest LTS please put in a ticket and we can get it installed (please give us up to 24hrs for custom OS installs).

Awesome little servers for transcoding.

Upgrades available upon request.
    32GB / 64GB RAM
    2TB / 4TB NVMe

edited January 8

These are an awesome alternative to the fiber State 5700G.

• VodolVodol Member

How much extra for 64GB RAM?

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

Good to see you back josh <3 nice offer b/w

• @MrRadic said:

You really are a fan of these :D

@bgerard said:

@MrRadic said:

I'm a fan of Josh, super awesome guy.

@Vodol said:

+$10/m more.

• Would be perfect once IPMI is included.

Also is the iGPU usable like for encoding tasks or streaming games using Moonlight and similar?

edited January 9

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Vodol said:

+$10/m more.

$49 with 64GB and an iGPU...

@rattlecattle said:
    Would be perfect once IPMI is included.

Also is the iGPU usable like for encoding tasks or streaming games using Moonlight and similar?

There is no IPMI. However if want to do custom config we can connect our "remote crash cart". Or we can install the OS for you.

the gpu is able to use just like any other gpu.

Thanked by 1rattlecattle
  • @bgerard said:

@MrRadic said:

NGL I was iffy about my fiberstate 5700G until I discovered there was an unpublished BIOS update that made the GPU work properly. Procuring that made me more than pleased with their offering.

Needless to say, this offer also entices me and I'm trying to figure out what I'd use it for! :)

@lewellyn said:

@bgerard said:

@MrRadic said:

NGL I was iffy about my fiberstate 5700G until I discovered there was an unpublished BIOS update that made the GPU work properly. Procuring that made me more than pleased with their offering.

Needless to say, this offer also entices me and I'm trying to figure out what I'd use it for! :)

Idle it of course....

Thanked by 1shruub
  • lewellynlewellyn Member
    edited January 10

@MrRadic said:

@lewellyn said:

@bgerard said:

@MrRadic said:

Idle it of course....

My 2024 resolution is to start combining things and getting rid of idle stuff. The BreezeHost BF special really empowered me towards that end, honestly. (And I think I have at least one thing from you idling right now, already! :D )

Thanked by 1MrRadic

Only got a couple left.

Also Upgrades are available on request.

Please send PM or come join us on our discord https://discord.gg/DsHgM6s

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    Upgrades available upon request.
    32GB / 64GB RAM
    2TB / 4TB NVMe

• I'm still trying to talk myself into it :)

• It wasn't totally clear from the thread: is there a BIOS setting to reduce the GPU RAM usage? I'm fine with it using like 256MB RAM or something (I'm pretty sure this Ryzen sitting next to me goes down that far...) but as I don't have a pending GPU workload that can use AMF right now, I'm literally at a loss as to why I'd need nearly 1/4 of the RAM dedicated to the GPU that won't be used in any real capacity.
    • You mentioned crash carts being available. As I'm pretty picky about the boot options with my installs as well as some specific options at install time (whenever at all possible, at least), this is often the easiest option all around (but I'm more than willing to give the kernel options for the boot screen that will let me install it myself via SSH if you really prefer starting the installer yourself... I really need to set up the auto-install recipe one of these days...). What are the charges for the crash cart?

@lewellyn said:
    I'm still trying to talk myself into it :)

• It wasn't totally clear from the thread: is there a BIOS setting to reduce the GPU RAM usage? I'm fine with it using like 256MB RAM or something (I'm pretty sure this Ryzen sitting next to me goes down that far...) but as I don't have a pending GPU workload that can use AMF right now, I'm literally at a loss as to why I'd need nearly 1/4 of the RAM dedicated to the GPU that won't be used in any real capacity.
    • You mentioned crash carts being available. As I'm pretty picky about the boot options with my installs as well as some specific options at install time (whenever at all possible, at least), this is often the easiest option all around (but I'm more than willing to give the kernel options for the boot screen that will let me install it myself via SSH if you really prefer starting the installer yourself... I really need to set up the auto-install recipe one of these days...). What are the charges for the crash cart?

I had searched around in the BIOS for reducing the RAM usage but couldn't find anything that stood out to me.

As far as the crash cart goes.
    It would be just as your there installing the OS.
    We can put the OS you want on a USB drive (help speed up the OS install) and you can tinker with the BIOS and OS install options. Till you get everything where you want it then we disconnect the "remote KVM"(spider)

@lewellyn said:
    I'm still trying to talk myself into it :)

Why not just get the 64 GB RAM option for $10?