Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any server providers in Antarctica?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any server providers in Antarctica?

Hi

Like the title says, any one knows some server providers in Antarctica, with as much traffic as possible?

Thanks

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 7

@SwizzVPN In antarctica no , but if you like it's possible give you VPS on north Korea , https://check-host.net/ip-info?host=2a0f:9400:7e11::/48&csrf_token=27b530baa2ee194f2b7ab8face67e032a02aa64f

write me on pm

Regards

• LeviLevi Member

The McMurdo station has permanent access to a shared 17Mbps connection.

You can pay 17 500$/m. to get 1 Mbps. NAT VPS with 512 MB RAM and 1 CPU core of intel pentium 4. 48 months prepayment with setup fee of 50 000$.

All prices VAT excluded.

Thanked by 1commercial
  • @Calin Interesting, didn‘t know that was possible.

@testing33 I found that link too, first time I ever heard about IPv9.

@Levi That‘s a bit over my budget :-) Seems to be ultra exotic then.

Wonder how they do it: https://nordvpn.com/blog/antarctica-servers/

• defaultdefault Veteran

@yoursunny has Antartica with extremely cheap offers, due high savings on cooling inside the datacenter there. There is a problem though: this location sells like hot bread, so it's like always out of stock.

If I may suggest, @yoursunny also offers Atlantis, if you're interested.

Thanked by 3SinV yoursunny ehab
  • VextroVextro Member

If you're being serious, you should probably check the date of that article

• SwizzVPNSwizzVPN Member
    edited January 7

@default I‘ll check, thanks. EDIT: The looking glass on it seems to provide the important informations lol.

@Vextro lol… shame on me! But another example, there are Smart DNS services that offer Antarctica location and it works perfectly. How do they do it? Maybe virtual IP?

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 7

@SwizzVPN said:
    @Calin Interesting, didn‘t know that was possible.

@testing33 I found that link too, first time I ever heard about IPv9.

@Levi That‘s a bit over my budget :-) Seems to be ultra exotic then.

Wonder how they do it: https://nordvpn.com/blog/antarctica-servers/

If you want a serious answer:

It's currently not possible to get servers in Antarctica, these VPN or other hosting providers who claim they're in Antarctica, North Korea, or places similar to those are usually just faking the geolocation on the IP addresses.

Essentially, the servers are really hosted in a place like Canada, United States, Europe and then they tell IP databases (IPInfo, IP2Location, etc) that their IP addresses are located in North Korea or Antarctica, even though they're not. It gives the appearance that they are located there when you look up the IP, but in reality they are not actually located there.

If you are just trying to fool the IP databases so that your results or IP lookups will appear from these places, then it might work (though it will only fool a few databases that don't check their results). However, it's not possible to rent a server that's really located there.

If you are looking to fool the IP databases, your best bet would be to get a /48 IPv6 subnet or /24 IPv4 subnet from an LIR or RIR and then list the address or report them to be from Antarctica to IP databases, then announce it on a VPS somewhere in the world. This is how most VPN providers do it.

• @Advin Thanks for the explanation, makes sense. I'm not really interested in the particular location Antarctica, but I just found out that using that as a location blocks all ads on YouTube in official apps.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 7

@SwizzVPN said:
    @Advin Thanks for the explanation, makes sense. I'm not really interested in the particular location Antarctica, but I just found out that using that as a location blocks all ads on YouTube in official apps.

I think your best chance at success would be to get a /48 IPv6 subnet from an LIR, announce it in a VPS, and then update the geolocation on each IP database to show it as from Anatarctica. Google supports IPv6.

Out of curiosity, what is your budget and bandwidth requirements?

• Akamai has a pop there so clearly it's coming soon as a Linode location.

Thanked by 1SwizzVPN
  • @Advin The cheapest servers I'm using (dedicated) offer 100TB traffic on a quad-core for 30-40$/month. So something in that range would be nice.

• im holding out for ipv69 with his oldschool ifpee eth0

• Svalbard is about the closest artic location there is with cable for business and residential. There's connections up to gigabit according to the open Ookla datasets. For peering with true artic locations there will be satellites involved where bandwidth will be costly. For setting up infrastructure I'd recommend starting in Svalbard and deploy dishes there or re-use existing government infra that may or not exist

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • If I use an IP in Antarctica, will all paid online services become free?

Thanked by 2yoursunny dubalie
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@lowenduser1 said:
    Svalbard is about the closest artic location there is with cable for business and residential. There's connections up to gigabit according to the open Ookla datasets. For peering with true artic locations there will be satellites involved where bandwidth will be costly. For setting up infrastructure I'd recommend starting in Svalbard and deploy dishes there or re-use existing government infra that may or not exist

Wrong pole.

Thanked by 1xvps
  • @LordSpock said:

@lowenduser1 said:
    Svalbard is about the closest artic location there is with cable for business and residential. There's connections up to gigabit according to the open Ookla datasets. For peering with true artic locations there will be satellites involved where bandwidth will be costly. For setting up infrastructure I'd recommend starting in Svalbard and deploy dishes there or re-use existing government infra that may or not exist

Wrong pole.

so, Poland?

• jenkkijenkki Member

The data centers in Antarctica is guarded by polar bears and patrolled by penguins around the perimeter. But there is one problem: you need a special team to pick up the penguins when they fall on their backs.

If you would like to volunteer to raise penguins you can sign up.

Thanked by 1dubalie
  • @lowenduser1 said:

Can't wait to go here, go end of the year !

• yusrayusra Member

Surely he can provide because I've seen many times that he has advertised them :D

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • davidedavide Member

10Gbps thru a yagi pointed over to terra del fuego. I don't believe it. At all.

1Gbps would already be beyond plausible.

• mikecmikec Member

You can use the list in https://lite.ip2location.com/antarctica-ip-address-ranges and find all the ISP of all ranges.

• @davide said:
    10Gbps thru a yagi pointed over to terra del fuego. I don't believe it. At all.

1Gbps would already be beyond plausible.

pushing many megawatts helps but still radio latency. Idk i'm fairly sure there's fiber, at least that would be economical over that long time span. perhaps that area51 level quantum internet. would be ideal test setup in extreme conditions so why the fuck not.

• @mikec said:
    You can use the list in https://lite.ip2location.com/antarctica-ip-address-ranges and find all the ISP of all ranges.

That looks like a descent range of handful of IP addresses.