Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendation? US Reseller cPanel or Direct Admin with bandwidth protection from other users
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommendation? US Reseller cPanel or Direct Admin with bandwidth protection from other users

colinkcolink Member

I need to move Hosting as my current provider has access restrictions on for third party access for posting to Wordpress using the following connection methods:

Application Password
JSON Plugin
xml-rpc

I may be able to live without xml-rpc access but do need the two other methods.

KnownHost have been very quick to reply and gave good answers. In reference to my question about ending up on a busy server where others abuse bandwidth the following was their reply

"we have our own Cloud architecture and then each account on the servers is encased in Cloud Linux protecting the resources of each one"

Is this a common or uncommon way of protecting individual accounts?
Does anyone have any recommendations for other reliable hosting providers who will meet my Wordpress access needs and offer similar protection regarding bandwidth?

I do not have a preference for WHM/cPanel or DirectAdmin (Assuming I understand correctly that with standard DirectAdmin it is straightforward to add and manage additional domains).

Any help would be appreciated.

ColinK

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Moved from General to Help

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited January 6

CloudLinux is widely used. It isolates each customer on the same server and protects their dedicated resources.

KnownHost is an excellent hosting provider.

• APIAPI Member

Indeed, CloudLinux is one of the most commonly used ways to achieve that.

You get what you pay for, so choosing a good provider will definitely help you avoid noisy neighbors and busy servers.