Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for US-based storage server - reliable 5TB - 10TB+ for RSYNC and SFTP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for US-based storage server - reliable 5TB - 10TB+ for RSYNC and SFTP

Hi guys -- need another storage server, interested in trying another provider, preferably in US.

Initially about 5TB, will need to expand to 10TB+ -- for RSYNC and SFTP, needs to be very reliable, no headaches.

Typical pricing: 5TB goes for about $12 per month on Hetzner Storage Boxes, and I've seen various other providers offer similar 4TB-5TB services for about $10-12 per month. 10TB-ish typically goes for about $22-25 from those same providers. For example, Interserver has 10TB for $25, Hetzner for about $23.

Hetzner is actually pretty good, I might just get another one there, but I find them to be a little slow in terms of bandwidth to their German DC, so I'm looking for other options, preferably in US.

Any favorites you know of?

Comments

• jlet88jlet88 Member

Thanks, looks like they are $20 for 5TB. $30 for 10TB. The 5TB deal isn't so great compared to other providers, but 10TB is roughly within the ballpark. I like that they have a US location. Thanks again.

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • @jlet88 said:

Thanks, looks like they are $20 for 5TB. $30 for 10TB. The 5TB deal isn't so great compared to other providers, but 10TB is roughly within the ballpark. I like that they have a US location. Thanks again.

Depending on your term, 1yr & 3yrs cost less monthly.

Thanked by 2jlet88 NetDynamics24
  • remyremy Member
    edited January 6

You can check HostHatch too https://hosthatch.com/products
    I highly recommend

They have a wide choice of locations

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • Maybe @crunchbits can help you with this.

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@jlet88 said:

You can use this coupon code LET30% to get lifetime 30% recurring discount on monthly prices, or the code LET50% to get lifetime 50% recurring discount on annual orders. Both are valid for a few more days only.

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

10TB for $25 is cheap!

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • jlet88jlet88 Member

Thanks, guys, I'll check them all out.

Re: @crunchbits - I am familiar with them, they are good guys, I consider them one of the best providers on LET TBH. However, they rarely have what I need in stock, unfortunately, and in this case, I am hoping to get something that is turnkey, so I don't have to maintain it. It's not a dealbreaker, but their big storage VPS, if I recall, is a normal VPS with a nice chunk of storage attached, which is all fine of course, I can configure it, etc., but I would prefer not to configure and maintain yet another VPS if possible for this deployment. I'd like to exhaust other options first. Hetzner's storage boxes, for example, are ready to go with all the config done and maintained by them, and it has the bonus of a decent control panel for rudimentary management of subaccounts and snapshots, all the protocols I need... it's an ideally designed product for this use case. Hetzner's main problem, for me, though, is that they are a bit on the slow side and I'd prefer a US DC if possible. Crunchbits is of course faster and has a US DC, so it's still an option.

Anyway, thanks again, will check out your suggestions!

• @jlet88 said:
    Hi guys -- need another storage server, interested in trying another provider, preferably in US.

Initially about 5TB, will need to expand to 10TB+ -- for RSYNC and SFTP, needs to be very reliable, no headaches.

Typical pricing: 5TB goes for about $12 per month on Hetzner Storage Boxes, and I've seen various other providers offer similar 4TB-5TB services for about $10-12 per month. 10TB-ish typically goes for about $22-25 from those same providers. For example, Interserver has 10TB for $25, Hetzner for about $23.

Hetzner is actually pretty good, I might just get another one there, but I find them to be a little slow in terms of bandwidth to their German DC, so I'm looking for other options, preferably in US.

Any favorites you know of?

We could help you in Italy, it is certainly not the closest option to you but it could be a good compromise.

Given your need for reliability and stability, I would offer you a Virtual Dedicated Server plan where the CPU and RAM resources are dedicated.

VDS KVM

1 dedicated Core
    4GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    5TB HDD
    20TB @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4, 1 IPv6

$18,30/month VAT incl.

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 6

@jlet88 said: Re: @crunchbits - I am familiar with them, they are good guys, I consider them one of the best providers on LET TBH. However, they rarely have what I need in stock

From what I seen you popup in Discord, ask if XXX is available and most of the times someone (Dick!) will do some magic here and there and they will find a place :D

Thanked by 1jlet88