Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to buy a 4060 GPU for you to host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want to buy a 4060 GPU for you to host

:) I came up an idea: how about I buy a 4060 GPU for you to host. Until hosting fee is equal to the value of GPU, then I start to pay you. The GPU will finally belong to you, and you don't need to take the risk that user ran away after a month or two.

Comments

• what?

but it for my game pc

• Ill host it if you can file down the edges to fit into a COASt socket.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

TBH, this isn't the worst idea.

OP would be shelling out, what, $300-400ish and giving it to the host. Even if the host charges $20/month, that's still 15-20 months of prepaid hosting, albeit in a different way.

Of course, you can't sell a one-year-old havily-used 4060 for new prices, so there's a depreciation curve that is steep at the beginning, but still...

• woodster050woodster050 Member, Host Rep

I Honestly Would advise doing this as from a ownership and liability part I wouldn't offer this service, as what if the GPU develops a fault after all its consumer hardware that isn't meant to be in a server I would be liable if the hardware developed a fault

• too much risk