Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entrepreneur: idea for reselling saas?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Entrepreneur: idea for reselling saas?

Hello,

I'm owner of software house and I found a reseller of my software in another country.
Any idea to setup collaboration!?

It s a saas and stay on my server. They provider first support and create new user.

What is your suggestion about?

Comments

• APIAPI Member

Allow the reseller to whitelabel the SaaS :smile:

• ok and what I earn? they pay me a license cost whitelabel?

• LeviLevi Member

@chiccorosso said:
    ok and what I earn? they pay me a license cost whitelabel?

If you don't know how to monetize your software - hire professional. Don't waste energy at this point.

Thanked by 1thane
  • 404error404error Member
    edited January 5

@chiccorosso said:

I see 3 options here:
    1- Provide the code, but charge for updates & support. This is the simplest approach but probably the less profitable on the long run.

2- Keep the software on your servers, and provide support for whitelabeling, including cname, and billing. With this options you can then decide to bill your reseller by resources allotment, or get a % over each sale/renewal/whatever.

3 - Referal. This is thje most common approach. Your reseller becomes a "Gold Partner", they get a % on each referal. You can then develop a PArtner dashboard from where they can manage their clients and provide direct support to their clients.

You just take your pick.

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Mentally strong software developer offers all the code as open source.
    They charge for technical support and customized feature development.

Thanked by 3ariq01 thane pangkus
  • @Levi said:

@chiccorosso said:

If you don't know how to monetize your software - hire professional. Don't waste energy at this point.

Professional who? What is the name of professionist?

@404error said:

@chiccorosso said:

I see 3 options here:
    1- Provide the code, but charge for updates & support. This is the simplest approach but probably the less profitable on the long run.

2- Keep the software on your servers, and provide support for whitelabeling, including cname, and billing. With this options you can then decide to bill your reseller by resources allotment, or get a % over each sale/renewal/whatever.

3 - Referal. This is thje most common approach. Your reseller becomes a "Gold Partner", they get a % on each referal. You can then develop a PArtner dashboard from where they can manage their clients and provide direct support to their clients.

You just take your pick.

I Guess is better the option 2 you write it. and maybe I need to do another contract for support. What do you think about?

@yoursunny said:
    Mentally strong software developer offers all the code as open source.
    They charge for technical support and customized feature development.

No it s registered software

• @chiccorosso said: I Guess is better the option 2 you write it. and maybe I need to do another contract for support. What do you think about?

Contrct or support? No, if you choose to run it all from your servers, then what you get from your "partners / resellers" is a subcription OR a cut for every sale which is also monthly/annual. This all depends on the industry as well.

What's your software about?

• sorry for late delay reply I got a really bad flue...

I would like to do 2 different contract:

• one with % for resell
    • another contract for first support in their native language

I can't offer to final client support in native language and maybe are simple question like how to..and tutorial...