Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What tools do you use for managing your web hosting business?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What tools do you use for managing your web hosting business?

Aside from WHMCS and its alternatives, what other tools do you use for your web hosting business? Specifically, what solutions do you use for helpdesk support, vendor management, HR, and sales/CRM within your web hosting operations?

Comments

• emghemgh Member
    edited January 2

I have a Make.com scenario that uses a Make.com database to store the last invoice number.

The scenario fetches that, calls on this free invoice generator API https://invoice-generator.com/developers with the last invoice ID + 1, then, it takes the PDF, sends it to me (for bookkeeping) as well as to the client using iCloud’s very cheap custom domain SMTP offering.

Last, it adds + 1 to the database on Make.com.

It’s free and its never failed. LET but stable.

Thanked by 1loay
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Mix of OneDrive and iCloud to keep my files in sync

WHMCS DB Backups are stored in my local computer + OneDrive

Yubikey Security Key for 2FA

Apple Notes

Some custom coded scripts to check for RAID status in all servers on daily basis

Custom scripts to daily download local backups of WHMCS DB

Sendgrid/Twillo for Transactional Emails

Google Workspace (Sheets / Docs / Gmail)

Slack

Authy where Yubikey is not supported

Excel

MS Word

MS RDP for MAC

SecureCRT for MAC / iPAD / iOS

iPAD / MAC / iPhone

Uptimerobot

Hetrixtools to monitor IP Reputation

That's all i use on regular basis

Thanked by 2Uchiha priest
  • UchihaUchiha Member

@HostEONS said: Custom scripts to daily download local backups of WHMCS DB

Wow, your list looks interesting! Btw, could I please get this?

@HostEONS said: Uptimerobot

Do you use both Uptimerobot and Hetrixtools together? Aren't they performing similar tasks, if I'm not mistaken?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

We can manage your whole company no matter which software you are using.

Our service is very affordable and starts from only $50/hours

Feel free to contact us and we will manage the entire ecosystem

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Uchiha said:

@HostEONS said: Custom scripts to daily download local backups of WHMCS DB

Wow, your list looks interesting! Btw, could I please get this?

It's just a simple BASH Script, it will just login to my web box via SSH, do a mysql dump and download it via SFTP, have setup cron to run it once a day, it's stored in a folder that's under OneDrive so copy of the DB is also uploaded to OneDrive, so even if my local computer fails I still have a copy in cloud and I've 100ds of copies of DB as it is downloaded on daily basis.

@HostEONS said: Uptimerobot

Do you use both Uptimerobot and Hetrixtools together? Aren't they performing similar tasks, if I'm not mistaken?

Actually I've been using uptime robot since almost 5-6 yrs, but recently we started monitoring IP reputation, so I'm using Hetrix just to monitor IP Reputation/RBL Listings

Haven't switched server monitoring to hetrix as they don't have a Mobile APP yet, uptime robot has an APP that uses push notification to notify me about outage, I think even Hetrix has some workarounds for that but just did not bothered to move server monitoring to hetrix yet,

• https://nezha.wiki/en_US/ Used to monitor all system resources
    https://github.com/louislam/uptime-kuma Monitor service online rate
    https://github.com/labring/FastGPT/blob/main/README_en.md Hire a GPT customer service from now on