Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS provider with loadbalancer or failover ip
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS provider with loadbalancer or failover ip

xpunxpun Member

Hi everyone. Taking advantage of the New Year sales, I would like to know if anyone offers cheap vps (10-50$ per year) + I can order a load balancer or failover ip as additional option.

Comments

• iizyhostiizyhost Member, Patron Provider

you might use nginx as a loadbalancer?! it´s pretty easy and won´t break your bank for licenses...

we´re offering cheap VPS starting from ~44€ annually: https://iizyhost.com/cart/vps-general/?id=5

• xpunxpun Member

@iizyhost said:
    you might use nginx as a loadbalancer?! it´s pretty easy and won´t break your bank for licenses...

we´re offering cheap VPS starting from ~44€ annually: https://iizyhost.com/cart/vps-general/?id=5

If server with nginx dies, then the system will stop working. Therefore, for fault tolerance I need loadbalancer from the provider or a floaring/failover IP

• iizyhostiizyhost Member, Patron Provider

if loadbalancer from $provider dies, then system will stop working as well :)

sorry, we´re currently not able to offer floating IPs nor to offer 2nd location.
    Good luck :)

• remyremy Member
    edited January 4

I don't know of any in this price range.

If you really want to spend little...
    You can do DNS load balancing.
    By updating DNS entries dynamically according to the state of the server. (Combined with DNS round robin ?)

I don't know if there are any free solutions to do this, if not you can also make your own solution which shouldn't be too complicated.

It won't be perfect, but depending on your needs, it might work.

• @xpun said:

@iizyhost said:

If server with nginx dies, then the system will stop working. Therefore, for fault tolerance I need loadbalancer from the provider or a floaring/failover IP

since you don't mention your max. load, if you have $50 budget, split them into 2-3 locations. and then use dns round robin like remy mentioned.

just don't put your nginx/haproxy in ihosttart, it won't be down every 2 minutes. other than that you'd want to raise your budget more

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 5

You can buy a couple slices and then ask for a floating IP that you can route via BGP for free :)

Works very well and has basically instant cut over.

Francisco

Thanked by 2wedge1001 kode9
  • @Francisco said:
    You can buy a couple slices and then ask for a floating IP that you can route via BGP for free :)

Francisco

Any guide document about floating ip and failover?

• xpunxpun Member

@Francisco said:

Francisco

That's why I created this topic to find out who provides failover/floating ip or loadbalancer :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Arirang said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

We assign you an ASN and then you talk bgp with our route server. ECMP kicks in and load balances requests to all services announcing the floating ip.

Francisco

Thanked by 1kode9
  • emghemgh Member
    edited January 5

@Francisco said:

@Arirang said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

We assign you an ASN and then you talk bgp with our route server. ECMP kicks in and load balances requests to all services announcing the floating ip.

Francisco

We assign you a Hyper-Encoded Super-ASN (HE-S-ASN) and initiate interstellar BGP Plus (iBGP+) communications with our Quantum-Flux Router Server Thing Box (QFRSTB). Ultra-ECMP (U-ECMP) engages, triggering multi-dimensional load oscillations (MDLO) across the Trans-Phase Services Network (TPSN), effectively victimizing the intergalactic floating IP (IG-FIP).

emgh