Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

.com Domain Resellers Under $8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

.com Domain Resellers Under $8

Are there any domain resellers offering .com for under $8? It's challenging to turn a profit through domain reselling. Porkbun offers competitive pricing, but unfortunately, they do not have a reseller program. Cosmotown appears promising with their $6.99 .com domain offering, yet there have been reports of inactive customer support and negative experiences.

Comments

• I've had good experience with Cosmotown customer support.

• @Naomii said: I've had good experience with Cosmotown customer support.

I don't know, but I submitted a query about a month ago and haven't received any response from them yet.

• Cloudflare registrar charges wholesale cost for all domain name registrations and renewals.

• @Uchiha said: Are there any domain resellers offering .com for under $8

According to .com registry Verisign, the wholesale price is now $9.59
    https://domainnamewire.com/2023/02/09/verisign-announces-another-com-price-hike-2/

Any pricing you see offered by any registrar is now a loss-leader for them or a limited-time promo, like cosmotown, namecheap, spaceship, namesilo, and few others.

You can check the live promo offered by various sellers: https://tldes.com/com

but the renewal prices are above $10, only Spaceship and Cosmotown are having $9.48 pricing on renewal - so that is the lowest non-promo price for registration and renewal you could ever get on entire planet.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • try openprovider.com

• @JasonM said: Any pricing you see offered by any registrar is now a loss-leader for them or a limited-time promo

Yeah, you know what the problem is? There's no direct way to use these limited-time promos with WHMCS. I reached out to NameSilo and other providers for clarification. They explicitly stated that these promos are only available if the buyer purchases directly from them, not through a reseller. Additionally, most of these providers lack promo API support, except for Namecheap! It's quite a hassle to resell domains with just a $1 profit margin while requiring a $100 pre-deposit.

• @Uchiha domains are generally a loss product. You compensate for that through SLL certs, add ons, hosting, etc

Thanked by 1Naomii
  • @emgh said: You compensate for that through SLL certs, add ons, hosting, etc

Yeah, that's why I'm considering dropping domain support for my business. Also, I really doubt how many people actually buy SSL certificates nowadays. Let's Encrypt and Cloudflare are what most people use these days.

• @Uchiha said:

@emgh said: You compensate for that through SLL certs, add ons, hosting, etc

Yeah, that's why I'm considering dropping domain support for my business. Also, I really doubt how many people actually buy SSL certificates nowadays. Let's Encrypt and Cloudflare are what most people use these days.

Here, yes.

• SinVSinV Member, Host Rep

Mhm, since you're still reselling, if you want to make a profit from domains, you have to provide something. Otherwise, why not go directly to a registrar. Like with Incognet I can see the anonymous registration and crypto payments useful, similar to Njalla.

Thanked by 1Naomii
  • @d2411 said:
    try openprovider.com

Renewal price for members is 9,28 euro...

• CaryXXXCaryXXX Member
    edited December 2023

Maybe you need tld-list.com

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2023

@SinSiXX said: Mhm, since you're still reselling, if you want to make a profit from domains, you have to provide something. Otherwise, why not go directly to a registrar.

+1

As a reseller, it's not possible to compete on price. You need to have your own value-add services - the days of lazy resellers that don't put in any actual work are long gone. For example, bundle web design + hosting + domain into a package, or sell fully-managed hosting with a domain bundled, or provide local support, etc.

Since customers are going through you, your support needs to be at least as good as the registrar's.

• @JasonM said:

@Uchiha said: Are there any domain resellers offering .com for under $8

According to .com registry Verisign, the wholesale price is now $9.59
    https://domainnamewire.com/2023/02/09/verisign-announces-another-com-price-hike-2/

Any pricing you see offered by any registrar is now a loss-leader for them or a limited-time promo, like cosmotown, namecheap, spaceship, namesilo, and few others.

You can check the live promo offered by various sellers: https://tldes.com/com

but the renewal prices are above $10, only Spaceship and Cosmotown are having $9.48 pricing on renewal - so that is the lowest non-promo price for registration and renewal you could ever get on entire planet.

In short, Cloudlflare, Spaceship and Cosmotown all sell at wholesale for both new and renewals.