Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DigiRDP Seems very upset with LET community
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DigiRDP Seems very upset with LET community

There was a time when @balramm was seducing LET members with his extra juicy deals just visited his website to grab some more chickens and he was like LET members are not welcomed on my website 😂

""Thank you for showing your interest, however we have terminated all our services offering to LE comunity at the moment and we will not be able to provide you with the price mentioned, you can still purchase from our website mentioned price anytime.

Comments

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

You only can buy real Chickens with us ;)

Thanked by 3gbzret4d ehab nyamenk
  • @HostSlick said:
    You only can buy real Chickens with us ;)

Sure already have a dozen of 0.8$/mo chicken with him if you can arrange similar ones would love to order 2-3 dozen more for my dinner

• @yaty497 said:
    There was a time when @balramm was seducing LET members with his extra juicy deals just visited his website to grab some more chickens and he was like LET members are not welcomed on my website 😂

""Thank you for showing your interest, however we have terminated all our services offering to LE comunity at the moment and we will not be able to provide you with the price mentioned, you can still purchase from our website mentioned price anytime.

Got mad for being (rightly) accused of being a criminal I guess

• SinVSinV Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1Naomii
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2023

I wish them all the best. There are blacklists that are irrelevant, ones which mean nothing to anyone. Quite a few of them, actually. The Spamhaus DROP list is simply not one of them. There are entire ASNs that only send spam and do precisely nothing else, which are not even on the DROP list. The ways you have to screw up to get on there are legendary.

I understand some of the younger crowd here may not be aware of the implications of being listed there, but if that list cannot be a line drawn here to separate providers, there should be absolutely no lines drawn anywhere, and every single host who has ever desired to post an offer here should be allowed to do so. But the community doesn’t like watching each other fall for bad providers, people speak out and complain when this forum is overrun with bad and scammy providers. Good providers don’t like to attract their customers here if this is truly the Wild West.

If the only criteria for disallowing offers is that one has actively engaged in scamming and has actively deadpooled, then there can also be no effort made to fulfill community requests to vet providers.

We must absolutely be on guard here because this forum has repeatedly and excessively been used for pump and dump scams, skids that disappeared as quickly as they appeared, summer hosts, all the things. If the DROP list isn’t good criteria, there is no good criteria. Great to see that this was understood.

• LowEndBitching

Thanked by 1chitree

• When you're a salty balls ram you can always just give yourself a high five in the shitter.

• MS said:

LowEndBitching

<3

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • lmaoooo this is real funny its like let is going downhill w all this stuff going on

• Did I join at a bad time?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @boot said:
    Did I join at a bad time?

If you have to ask, the answer is yes.

• terminating already existing clients just because they’re from LET? Dick move, ball ram.

• digirdp.rip

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@jar said: The ways you have to screw up to get on there are legendary.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MS said:

digirdp.rip

@FatGrizzly

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • @jar said:
    I wish them all the best. There are blacklists that are irrelevant, ones which mean nothing to anyone. Quite a few of them, actually. The Spamhaus DROP list is simply not one of them. There are entire ASNs that only send spam and do precisely nothing else, which are not even on the DROP list. The ways you have to screw up to get on there are legendary.

I understand some of the younger crowd here may not be aware of the implications of being listed there, but if that list cannot be a line drawn here to separate providers, there should be absolutely no lines drawn anywhere, and every single host who has ever desired to post an offer here should be allowed to do so. But the community doesn’t like watching each other fall for bad providers, people speak out and complain when this forum is overrun with bad and scammy providers. Good providers don’t like to attract their customers here if this is truly the Wild West.

If the only criteria for disallowing offers is that one has actively engaged in scamming and has actively deadpooled, then there can also be no effort made to fulfill community requests to vet providers.

We must absolutely be on guard here because this forum has repeatedly and excessively been used for pump and dump scams, skids that disappeared as quickly as they appeared, summer hosts, all the things. If the DROP list isn’t good criteria, there is no good criteria. Great to see that this was understood.

Any legit provider would make an announcement about their efforts to be removed from that list. So far, I have not seen such communication from them, which could suggest that they couldn't care less and are reluctant to undergo the delisting process. The moderators made the right call in removing their provider status.

• @Maelstrom36 said:

@jar said:

Any legit provider would make an announcement about their efforts to be removed from that list. So far, I have not seen such communication from them, which could suggest that they couldn't care less and are reluctant to undergo the delisting process. The moderators made the right call in removing their provider status.

It is almost impossible to be delisted from DRP.

• @LeroyJ said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@jar said:

Yes. Impossible for 'dirty' and 'malicious' networks :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited December 2023

@Maelstrom36 said:

@LeroyJ said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@jar said:

Yes. Impossible for 'dirty' and 'malicious' networks :)

First time delist probably doable. But I feel ball is listed not the first time ;)

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2023

@jar said:

We do what we can. And yet people still fall into these things. But at least something was done with this vendor.

We the old fucks remember.

Thanked by 2jar bikegremlin
  • > wasn't upset when ASN made into spamhaus drop list
    > upset (and probably vindictive) when LEB provider tag removed

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @nillyhan said:
    > wasn't upset when ASN made into spamhaus drop list

Got listed - no monetary impact. Got shunted out of let - lost 200$.

• nillyhannillyhan Member
    edited December 2023

@LeroyJ said:

@nillyhan said:

it should have been common sense that being listed on the DROP would face some sort of consequence on business in the long run.

and eh, I don't know what admins decided, but if the tag removal for being on the DROP wasn't mentioned in the rules beforehand, they should be refunded.

Thanked by 1RapToN
  • @nillyhan said:

@LeroyJ said:

@nillyhan said:

it should have been common sense that being listed on the DROP would face some sort of consequence on business in the long run.

Not if the whole business is about serving criminals. You think cartel dons care about being in Santa’s naughty list?

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited December 2023

@nillyhan said:
    > wasn't upset when ASN made into spamhaus drop list... 1
    > upset (and probably vindictive) when LEB provider tag removed... 2

From equations 1 and 2, we conclude that LEB > Spamhaus.
    Congratulations, @jbiloh. :)

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @jmaxwell said:

@nillyhan said:

@LeroyJ said:

@nillyhan said:

Not if the whole business is about serving criminals. You think cartel dons care about being in Santa’s naughty list?

that was just me trying to look at the bright side that maybe they really didn't mean to knowingly serve criminals. maybe their reasonings about the ASN being new and etcetera were true. something tells me they weren't much savvy about these stuff and underestimated the significance of the drop list.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2023

@nillyhan said: maybe their reasonings about the ASN being new and etcetera were true

Not for the drop list. Any other list sure, but not for the drop list. We should avoid all attempts to rationalize and explain why someone might innocently end up there until we have undeniable proof that someone innocent ended up on that list. I realize that may conflict with the inherent values of people who aren't entirely familiar with it, and as a result sound too heavy handed. If you feel that way I would highly encourage you to go out and start trying to find the innocent party on the drop list. It would be time better spent, and ultimately have better results, than trying to appeal to an ethical standard that seeks to water down the value of that list in people's minds.

And then remember that the indicators here were always 3 points:

1. Website marketing language specifically tailored to spammers/scammers/criminals
    2. Listing on the DROP list
    3. RDP

While yes RDP does not = spammers/scammers/criminals, RDP providers have an excessively low correlation to anything else, and their marketing language already clarified that this was their original target market. The DROP listing clarified that we weren't misreading it. Each point played off of each other point to add weight to the conclusion. Everything else is/was gaslighting. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, independent review of photos conclude it's a duck, and it tells you "hey I'm a duck," it's probably a duck.

I can only assume their deals were so good that some people want to believe otherwise. Personally, I never actually looked at their offers. The 3 points above told me everything I needed to know.

LET can be overrun with those types of hosts if it wants to be, and it'll definitely be good for traffic, but a price is paid in the end for being permissive of turning into the new iteration of the HF marketplace. There's a reason even HF got rid of theirs.