Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adding public IP to OpenVZ container
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Adding public IP to OpenVZ container

I used to use venet then use vzctl set --ipadd command when the host node was not dedicated server.
worked fine without any configuration.

now I'm on a new dedicated server and I guess it has to be veth now and extra setup needed.

I have openvz installed with 1 container for testing and I have 1 additional public IP and I need to add it to the container.

How can I add it?

I appreciate your help.

Comments

• Why not to use ChatGPT? It will help you faster/better. You can "talk" with "him/it" and describe everything.

• @CalmDown said:
    Why not to use ChatGPT? It will help you faster/better. You can "talk" with "him/it" and describe everything.

I thought about it and I'm about to try chatgpt lol

• @sangdogg said:

@CalmDown said:
    Why not to use ChatGPT? It will help you faster/better. You can "talk" with "him/it" and describe everything.

I thought about it and I'm about to try chatgpt lol

Anyway i suggest you to use something like "lxd", it is modern and you can use KVM or basic containers with it. For the UI you could use something called "lxdware".

• nvm it was the iptables. there was no extra configuration needed. works fine.