Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intel N100 - N95 dedicated servers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Intel N100 - N95 dedicated servers

2»

Comments

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@Moopah said:

@remy said:

@Moopah said:

@yoursunny said:

@remy said:
    I'm also interested in a colocation offer for this type of micro server if the price is right.

@DataIdeas-Josh - the classic micro colo.
    @jfreak53 - the light bulb colo, "we plug in and walk away".
    Both are located in USA-Central.

@c1vhosting EU Italian fine dining micro cololocation

Yes, I've already had offers from c1v
    I'm still hesitating to send him my home-made server

Italians are trustworthy

You must not be worth of the olden ages of internet, when Italians were the MJJs of the days in IRC ;D

Ok Ok, no idea of trustworthiness, but oh my, were they annoying AF in IRC in the 90s. Whenever a Italian would come to a channel, 10 others followed, and everyone of them would flood the channel with all the possible cOlOrS!!!! AlL#!# ThE TiMe!!!¤!=!??!

i digress; had very nice time in Milano & Modena a few years back, people were nice and nothing like the stereotypes... Well except the guy peddling cold birra to the stadium lol, but he was very welcome ;)

@remy said:

@host_c said:
    @remy

Sry man, cannot help, no rack mount = they do not even let us plug it in :smiley:

No IPMI/ILO/IDRAC/whatever lan KVM = I will not plug it in, a ticket to reset that is like at least 20$ if I call support ( they charge 1H even if it is 5 minutes of work - bastards)

But, I like the board, Will thank for the info: THX :+1:

Yes, I understand how difficult it is to implement without industrialization.
    I'd live to see a provider go down this road. I'm sure there's a market for this.
    I'm not particularly bothered by the cost of KVM access.
    However, having a rack mount...

This is the whole point of our MD platform ;) it accepts anything over time, engineering resources are scarce so that's why we've stuck with very narrow band to gather experience; But i can eventually see when this platform hosts even regular Ryzens or potentially even EPyC nodes (albeit at lower density probably .. power per area and all that jazz!)

We got all the hardware basics now functioning and production tooling upgraded to scale up, next step is working on control panel, automation, use rest of the pre-existing hardware, and then goto the next step, new node types, such as N100. We can use any mITX sized platform; AND, we can cram hundreds of these per rack.

We'll never accept colocation tho; just makes zero sense, costs through the roof, revenue down the gutter. We have to be extremely disciplined on streamlining operations.

It's all streamlined and industrial, automated to the max, optimized to max. We have designed custom stuff down to the wiring now. No other way to produce this density and efficiency.

Our second DC, Room1 is designed solely for these, purpose built. Well, in theory anything 19" rack mount could be placed there, but every consideration has been made towards this platform first and foremost, and we want to keep it strictly as a industrial factory setting; One type of setup, in big quantities. Room1 could potentially house over 9000 of these units in standard density. We have theoretical plans for double density. We can have total of 3 or 4 rooms like this on this building, depending on power availability. We've been fiddling with the CapEx of 1MW Transformer right now, but otherwise it's all designed and just waiting for construction work to finish.

It's a complete from bottom up look into how to operate efficiently, maximize efficiency every step of the way.

@remy said:

@Advin said:
    I have actually already looked into launching N100 dedicated servers since there's a full motherboard available with these N100 CPU's, but the margins just aren't there (i.e. we would have to sell at a low cost to make it worth it, and they might require a lot of support/maintenance) :)

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813162133

We do not get billed for KVM's (though, we still charge an administrative fee), which makes it perfect to maybe launch a product like this with consumer boards, and we could maybe setup PXE booting for rescue system and other functions.

And just buying mini-pcs on aliexpress for $150 isn't viable?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005234838380.html
    It's not customizable enough to build a solid solution around it, I can imagine.
    After that, it's a different kind of customer, who doesn't expect 99.99% uptime either. But if there are costs involved in doing manual operations all the time, I can understand why nobody would offer this kind of DIY solution....
    Unprofitable, unscalable.

Those have bios issues, upgradeability, lifetime, cooling etc.

We gave them a look, but they just aren't up to the task reliably enough in large enough quantities. Those random chinese vendors can disappear at anytime, many of them are not upgradeable, and they are not just built with cooling and 44.45mm max height in mind.

That being said, how we have designed our platform; It is very much scaleable. Oh so scaleable. Just doing test setup and engineering validation "accidentally" built 30 nodes one day lol

We are now down to something like 45minutes per node in from receive shipment to racked and deployed (sans QC stress testing).

@c1vhosting said:

@remy said:

@c1vhosting said:

@remy said: I'm also interested in a colocation offer for this type of micro server if the price is right.

We can offer it for a cheap solutions. Let me know power usage

First I have to buy the equipment and test it to give accurate measurements.
    But I'm guessing around 10w idle, and 20 - 25w full load.

1Gbps - 10 TB / month

How much would it cost? (annual commitment)

1U COLOCATION
    18kWh/month usage (GREEN SOURCES ONLY)
    25TB/month @ 1Gbps
    Remote Hands

€100/year VAT incl.

This plans fits well your power needs even if it's always under heavy load.

That's very nice offer indeed. We can build a node in that power budget not a problem :)

What cost for remote hands and PiKVM or similar should we need it?
    Addon IPs?

Might indeed send you a DNS / Route monitoring node.

Thanked by 2c1vhosting remy
  • @SolidSeoVPS said:
    @remy

if you can do semi-yearly or yearly we can get it up and running for you in few days, it will be in the US though not in Europe

Great!
    What location and price with annual commitment? So I can test download speeds with your looking glass.
    I'm a bit afraid of those famous underwater cables and network congestion.
    Latency isn't very important for my use.

• SolidSeoVPSSolidSeoVPS Member, Patron Provider

We can offer it in either Tampa-FL or Los Angeles-CA, just let us know how many you need, if its 1-2 and can pay yearly, we will be happy to offer in UK as well if you really need Europe

• @PulsedMedia said:

Thanks for your feedback.
    I have a feeling that in a few months you'll be providing exactly what I'm looking for at a price - reliability ratio that beats all competition.

Too bad it's not ready yet.
    But it's clear that it makes me hesitate to invest money in something that's likely to break down in a few months.
    That would be a few hundred euros lost.

I'll end up poor and drooling over your great offers.

• @PulsedMedia said: i digress; had very nice time in Milano & Modena a few years back, people were nice and nothing like the stereotypes... Well except the guy peddling cold birra to the stadium lol, but he was very welcome

I didn't meet you!

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023
  • @PulsedMedia said: What cost for remote hands and PiKVM or similar should we need it?

Addon IPs?

Remote Hands, with low priority is included by default. This may include a few scheduled changes/requests per month. I can attach a KVM Lantronix Spider but it's preferred to bring your own KVM (we'll connect it to our management network and we'll send you vpn credentials to use it).

Additional IPs are uhm.. it depends on the quantity.
    If you ask for 1 or 2, then it's €1,5/month VAT incl. per IP.

If you go above 20 IPv4s, we can speak about lower cost.

• @SolidSeoVPS said:
    We can offer it in either Tampa-FL or Los Angeles-CA, just let us know how many you need, if its 1-2 and can pay yearly, we will be happy to offer in UK as well if you really need Europe

UK would be more than perfect.
    I only need one server, but I'm not against someone else from the forum joining me in the adventure, even if it means waiting a little longer for the setup. It would be even better to group the orders. I can pay annually, that's no problem.
    And I understand that it takes a minimum of commitment to make it viable.

Is this a colocation offer or do you already have this type of server?
    I imagine it's a colocation offer.

@remy said:

@PulsedMedia said:

I have a feeling that in a few months you'll be providing exactly what I'm looking for at a price - reliability ratio that beats all competition.

But it's clear that it makes me hesitate to invest money in something that's likely to break down in a few months.

Don't hesitate, development program, think "Elon Time" or "Valve Time" lol
    There's always something better around the corner.

N100 is quite a bit different than our current series offerings, so i cannot say what unknown unknowns there are, and DC2 Room1 which enhances certain characteristics is not ready for production until June probably.

We have planned for that from get-go tho; It should be easy peasy -- but who knows until you actually do it. Also we have like 200 nodes to build and deploy before that lol

• @jfreak53 said:
    Here ya go, our micro Colo 😁

https://clients.microtronix-tech.com/index.php?rp=/store/colocation/micromini-colocation

www.microtronixdc.com

Thanks @yoursunny!

Yes, I'm already following what you're doing, we discussed a raspberry rental offer a while back.
    Too bad it's on the wrong continent. :#

Thanked by 1jfreak53
  • @PulsedMedia said:

@remy said:

@PulsedMedia said:

N100 is quite a bit different than our current series offerings, so i cannot say what unknown unknowns there are, and DC2 Room1 which enhances certain characteristics is not ready for production until June probably.

We have planned for that from get-go tho; It should be easy peasy -- but who knows until you actually do it. Also we have like 200 nodes to build and deploy before that lol

I'm going to follow all that for sure

By the way, a little advice, take it or leave it.
    What do you think about separating seedboxes and dedicated servers under 2 separate brands?
    I don't know why, but from a buyer's point of view I think it's a good idea.
    Even if I imagine that many people use them for related purposes.

• Why not just localhost and connect with cloudflare/zerotier.

@c1vhosting said:

@PulsedMedia said: i digress; had very nice time in Milano & Modena a few years back, people were nice and nothing like the stereotypes... Well except the guy peddling cold birra to the stadium lol, but he was very welcome

I didn't meet you!

This was years ago

@c1vhosting said:

@PulsedMedia said: What cost for remote hands and PiKVM or similar should we need it?

Addon IPs?

Remote Hands, with low priority is included by default. This may include a few scheduled changes/requests per month. I can attach a KVM Lantronix Spider but it's preferred to bring your own KVM (we'll connect it to our management network and we'll send you vpn credentials to use it).

Additional IPs are uhm.. it depends on the quantity.
    If you ask for 1 or 2, then it's €1,5/month VAT incl. per IP.

If you go above 20 IPv4s, we can speak about lower cost.

Addon == Extra IPv4 addresses.

Oh i hear lantronix spider is nice, have never used one tho.
    KVM is needed like once per 3 years on average, makes no sense to dedicate such for such a lowend system :(

Any other requirements you have? ie. on cabling, form factor, do we need to send a 1RU shelf and if so how should it's mount be? (common type is 2RU ears :/ )

@remy said:

@jfreak53 said:
    Here ya go, our micro Colo 😁

https://clients.microtronix-tech.com/index.php?rp=/store/colocation/micromini-colocation

www.microtronixdc.com

Thanks @yoursunny!

Yes, I'm already following what you're doing, we discussed a raspberry rental offer a while back.
    Too bad it's on the wrong continent. :#

dang that is a good deal too, and indeed, too bad it's across the pond.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @elliotc said:
    Why not just localhost and connect with cloudflare/zerotier.

I thought about it. I already have a small self-hosted server (single board computer).
    But I can only expose IPv6.

I'll have a look at the limitations of cloudfare / zerotier's free offer or what the additional costs are for my usage.

I'd prefer it to be on a datacenter-grade network.
    The @c1vhosting hosting offer is a good compromise thought

Thanked by 1c1vhosting

@remy said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@remy said:

@PulsedMedia said:

What do you think about separating seedboxes and dedicated servers under 2 separate brands?

2 brands, we gave it thought but it would add A LOT of cost, while the brand recognition we have would be lost mostly. Some things would get easier to develop, but some of those has to be done regardless; Also would double up certain parts of maintenace. It's hard to see the benefits, while costs would be in the range of 1000-1500€ a month.

Our target audience remains individual users as the end users, there will most likely be resellers and limited business use for these too; but the ultimate end user for most part doesn't change. Same audience.

• @PulsedMedia said: Any other requirements you have? ie. on cabling, form factor, do we need to send a 1RU shelf and if so how should it's mount be? (common type is 2RU ears )

Uhm no any particular requirements, if you send the shelf it would be perfect. We can use our C13 cables with no issues :)

As using the shelf, I'm sure it'll require another Rack Unit.

2U COLOCATION

18kWh/month usage (GREEN SOURCES ONLY)
    25TB/month @ 1Gbps
    Remote Hands

€101,40/year VAT incl.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@remy said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@remy said:

@PulsedMedia said:

2 brands, we gave it thought but it would add A LOT of cost, while the brand recognition we have would be lost mostly. Some things would get easier to develop, but some of those has to be done regardless; Also would double up certain parts of maintenace. It's hard to see the benefits, while costs would be in the range of 1000-1500€ a month.

Our target audience remains individual users as the end users, there will most likely be resellers and limited business use for these too; but the ultimate end user for most part doesn't change. Same audience.

I understand that.
    I just have the impression that one day laws will prevent the sale of this type of turnkey service. I hope I'm wrong, but in Europe we're always moving towards the more restrictive.
    But I'd feel more secure with separate brands.

And who knows, it could open up the market to professional - semi-professional users.
    Transcoding for streaming use cases for example

Thanked by 1darkimmortal

@remy said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@remy said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@remy said:

@PulsedMedia said:

I understand that.
    I just have the impression that one day laws will prevent the sale of this type of turnkey service. I hope I'm wrong, but in Europe we're always moving towards the more restrictive.
    But I'd feel more secure with separate brands.

And who knows, it could open up the market to professional - semi-professional users.
    Transcoding for streaming use cases for example

People are already using these for their business needs i believe.

Europe if goes and decides dedis cannot be sold that will cause massive upheaval. It's a bit like saying trucks are not allowed to be driven, sold or used anymore.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    Europe if goes and decides dedis cannot be sold that will cause massive upheaval. It's a bit like saying trucks are not allowed to be driven, sold or used anymore.

Don't give the EU any ideas

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

It's a shame no server board manufacturer has released a N100 board with IPMI yet.

I've been running one of those boards a a home server for a while and recently deployed one in Frankfurt as well.

Thanked by 1remy
  • @v3ng said:
    It's a shame no server board manufacturer has released a N100 board with IPMI yet.

I've been running one of those boards a a home server for a while and recently deployed one in Frankfurt as well.

We provide it with Lantronix KVM Spider attached :) Not the same as integrated IPMI… but

• @remy said:

@MrRetslav said:
    We can offer you these in the Netherlands (We can install proxmox on it for you):

Dedi-NL-108 - Now: €19.95/mo or €199.50/yr

• i5-4460T @1.90 GHz
    • 16 Gb DDR3 RAM
    • 128 Gb SSD (Upgradable; create ticket)
    • 1 IPv4
    • 2.5+ Tbps DDoS-Protection
    • 1 Gbps Up/Down
    • Unmetered Bandwidth
    • Located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands

ORDER NOW (Just 3 in Stock!)

Dedi-NL-109 - Now: €24.95/mo or €249.50/yr

• i3-8100T @3.10 GHz
    • 16 Gb DDR4 RAM (Upgradable to 32 Gb)
    • 128 Gb SSD & 1 Tb HDD
    • 1 IPv4
    • 2.5+ Tbps DDoS-Protection
    • 1 Gbps Up/Down
    • Unmetered Bandwidth
    • Located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands

ORDER NOW (Just 1 in Stock!)

Interesting!
    It's not at the level of the intel N100.
    But I didn't know you also offered this kind of consumer CPU.
    In which datacenter, if you don't mind my asking?
    I can't find the information on your website

@MrRetslav iam also curious what DataCenter

• @v3ng said:

Another one for me ? :p

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Colo shouldn't be a problem at all.
    Although it's unlikely we can offer it below 20€ /month.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@remy I think I got what you looking for here in Texas.
    I'll message you as this isn't officially released yet.

Thanked by 1remy
  • @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @remy I think I got what you looking for here in Texas.
    I'll message you as this isn't officially released yet.

I'd love to. You've aroused my curiosity.