Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ ๐Ÿ C1V HOSTING - UNBEATABLE VPS & VPN PLANS, FREE GIVEAWAYS ๐Ÿ• - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

๐Ÿ C1V HOSTING - UNBEATABLE VPS & VPN PLANS, FREE GIVEAWAYS ๐Ÿ•

Comments

• @chakraxzz said:

@tmepy said:
    @c1vhosting What location is there for the VPN? Seeing the 1 euro price tag I was shocked :joy: Is it recurring?

most likely not as they will try to slim down your wallet as much as possible

I checked the website, said it was recurring. There's no place mentioned what location/how many locations are available.

• @tmepy said:
    @c1vhosting What location is there for the VPN? Seeing the 1 euro price tag I was shocked :joy: Is it recurring?

I guess the location is their "data centre", and the VPN will help them attract more DDoS attacks on their infrastructure?

Thanked by 1pachira
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2023

@c1vhosting it would be nice to make a presentation video of your datacenter; you can even make it in Italian language if it makes you feel more comfortable, then add English subtitle. This could increase your sales, as it would display your passion and dedication for servers, while customers love pictures and videos of their servers.

Thanked by 1adly
  • @cmeerw said:

@tmepy said:

I guess the location is their "data centre", and the VPN will help them attract more DDoS attacks on their infrastructure?

its fine, they solve this problem by blackholing ips.

• @default said:
    I can not comment with that text for the giveaway, because I am not that interested in the giveaway to begin with. Instead I am going to admit this provider is intriguing and interesting. It grew slowly on low-end communities and in my eyes.

I love to see a stubborn provider coming to low-end market, then slowly change their attitude, their website, add PayPal, add bank cards, and actually listen to the requests of community. It seems I had wrong assumptions and toxic expectations for this provider.

Sure @c1vhosting is not perfect in this regard, he was quite slow and stubborn at the beginning, but he actually did it and he did it before the beginning of 2024. This in itself surprises me, because I was honestly expecting some popcorn drama. Yet I find myself looking at a growing provider who actually listened to community and slowly implemented the requested changes towards becoming a legit business. He even focused on low-end VPN market - yes, there is no OpenVPN or Wireguard, but still he is offering VPN.

Surely, I am not expecting DMCA ignoring on any VPN coming from Italy, as this would get the provider into a heck of a trouble with Italy's tight laws, but still: he actually listened, contrary to my expectations and preconceived impressions.

Congratulations @c1vhosting and keep up the good work while listening to the feedback from community. This is how you satisfy customers and create a bunch of advertising in the process. Congrats.

I understand your thoughts and ideas. Even though we may have had some issues, especially with a certain server, we're always striving to get better. We're not perfect, and we might not be the most recommended provider right now, but we're investing in the LET community to improve. Every customer, whether their experience ends up good or not, is an inspiration for us to keep getting better.

• @default said:
    @c1vhosting it would be nice to make a presentation video of your datacenter; you can even make it in Italian language if it makes you feel more comfortable, then add English subtitle. This could increase your sales, as it would display your passion and dedication for servers, while customers love pictures and videos of their servers.

Yes, it's an excellent idea, and in reality we are also thinking of inviting some customers to our presentation of the data center (which hasn't officially happened yet).

• @c1vhosting said:

We're not perfect, and we might not be the most recommended provider right now,
    but we're investing in the LET community to improve.

Every customer, whether their experience ends up good or not, is an inspiration for us to keep getting better.

I have said it before and let me repeat.

I admire your persistence and your willingness to improve
    these are key things for any business to succeed

and consider me a free QA tester in your team

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @tmepy said:

@chakraxzz said:

@tmepy said:

most likely not as they will try to slim down your wallet as much as possible

I checked the website, said it was recurring. There's no place mentioned what location/how many locations are available.

@tmepy said:

It's recurring. For now we don't believe the price will increase in the future, but in any case you would be warned.
    Location is our DC in Pomezia (Rome - Italy)

@cmeerw said:

@tmepy said:

Probably yes, probably no. I don't think these Customers will lead to an increase in the DDoS attacks we will receive (although we are already at around 15,000 events per week).
    If they lead to attacks, we will adjust accordingly as we are doing now.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2023

@c1vhosting said:

@default said:

Yes, it's an excellent idea, and in reality we are also thinking of inviting some customers to our presentation of the data center (which hasn't officially happened yet).

You don't have to do this yourself. DevOps and System Administrators and DC Technicians are usually not into design and video editing.

Maybe you could contact some passionate photographer who does pictures and videos on events (such as weddings and baptises). You could have them make a nice video with some added music plus your prerecorded voice lines explaining stuff. I don't know; just an idea.

Besides, maybe you could also make a contract with them for cheap storage. Photographers love storage and backups.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

C1V HOSTING ISN'T THE BEST, GO TO https://www.c1vhosting.it/link.php?id=38

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @yoursunny said:

Oh no!

• davidedavide Member
    edited December 2023

If any1 is interested, I sell a full C1V VPS for 9โ‚ฌ here> @yoursunny said:

Oh come on, your best buddy sleeps in the DC on a mattress :D
    Between the kitchen and the bathroom he had no other space but for the DC :p

Edit: @c1vhosting no no no, he knows whom I'm talking about :)

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@davide said:

Is the mattress made of GPUs?

• @yoursunny said:

@davide said:

of hot CPUs.

• @yoursunny said:

@davide said:

GPU
    Grandeur Pillow-Top Upholstery

• davidedavide Member
    edited December 2023

@yoursunny said:

It's made out of the good old comfy driver seat of the car dumped in the backyard without wheels or engine. Why throw away a perfectly aged car seat when you can sleep on it in the DC.

Edit: okay that was evil >:)

• Windows OS running on c1v VPS

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2023

Showing how VPS with 2 vCore (same cpu model) can perform better than 3 vCore VPS
    just high number of vCores does not mean much

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @dev_vps said: just high number of vCores does not mean much

>
    You're right! There are VDS for performance purposes.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2023

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said: just high number of vCores does not mean much

Both are VPS .... with fair cpu utilization
    2 vcore > > > 3 vcore VPS (exact same CPU model)

I can post with VDS (with 1 dedicated core), if you prefer

That is why, one of the test I perform is, cpu utilization % when windows is idle (except connected to RDP client)

10-12% cpu utilization with 3 vCore VPS  --- c1v
    2-3%   cpu utilization with 2 vCore VPS

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • C1V HOSTING IS THE BEST, GO TO https://www.c1vhosting.it/link.php?id=38

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @c1vhosting said:

>

How much is the upgrade fee to replace 2 vCore with 1 dedicated core for the VPS?

• @dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

>

How much is the upgrade fee to replace 2 vCore with 1 dedicated core for the VPS?

you'd need to change server and i think we won't offer vds with hdd
    I'll create some VDS plans soon.

Thanked by 1dev_vps

Thanked by 1c1vhosting

• @dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

Why would he take you as a free QA tester when he has lots of beta testers and guinea pigs who pay him for it (and are called "customers")?

• @Calypso said:

@dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

Why would he take you as a free QA tester when he has lots of beta testers and guinea pigs who pay him for it (and are called "customers")?

Lol

• @Calypso said:

@dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

Most of the customers simply go by number of vcores etc. I have posted screenshots here showing clearly how 2 vCore > > 3 vCores (even when cpu model is same). Even then, most will simply go number of cores.

And providers, rightly, take advantage of customers lack of proper understanding.

Rep**** is a prime example. Many will still fall for it, if he comes back and posts new offers.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @dev_vps said:

@Calypso said:

@dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

Most of the customers simply go by number of vcores etc. I have posted screenshots here showing clearly how 2 vCore > > 3 vCores (even when cpu model is same). Even then, most will simply go number of cores.

And providers, rightly, take advantage of customers lack of proper understanding.

Rep**** is a prime example. Many will still fall for it, if he comes back and posts new offers.

And @c1vhosting is simply smiling ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Every provider loves to have such customers

Thanked by 1c1vhosting

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
This discussion has been closed.