Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024) - Page 86
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024)

Comments

• New Year is a moment to reflect and be grateful for every small success

• EXTINCT ANIMALS, FISHES & BIRDS

Wyoming toad

The Wyoming toad (Anaxyrus baxteri), also known commonly as Baxter's toad, is a species of toad in the family Bufonidae. The Wyoming toad is an extremely rare amphibian that exists only in captivity and within Mortenson Lake National Wildlife Refuge in Wyoming in the United States. The Wyoming toad was listed as an endangered species in 1984, and listed as extinct in the wild since 1991. As with black-footed ferrets at the Tom Thorne and Beth Williams Wildlife Research Center at Sybille in Wheatland, Wyoming, the effort to save the Wyoming toad has been a cooperative effort among state and federal agencies and private landowners.

• EXTINCT ANIMALS, FISHES & BIRDS

Atelopus longirostris

Atelopus longirostris is a species of harlequin frog, a member of the family of true toads (Bufonidae). It has been recorded only in northern Ecuador. Records from Colombia probably represent different species. As of mid-2017, it is listed as extinct by the IUCN, but was rediscovered in 2016 after more than two decade with no sightings, likely because the IUCN last assessed it in 2004

Thanked by 1kashon
  • On New Year's Eve, we celebrate the triumph over all the challenges we faced

• @markz said:
    On New Year's Eve, we celebrate the triumph over all the challenges we faced

And, get ready for the new challenges the new year will present. Sorry if it sounded pessimistic.

• Now, let us take a quick break from Zoology and let us look into the world of internet. Here are some interesting yet bizarre facts about the Internet we all love.

• New year for me is getting closer to the day I will reunite with my son in heaven

Thanked by 1markz
  • BIZARRE FACTS ABOUT INTERNET

It Was Invented in a Beer Garden
    You can thank beer for the creation of the internet. One of the most intriguing internet facts, you can credit the creation of the internet to Rossotti’s beer garden in August of 1976. Originally a military venture, the internet was created so that a signal could be received without being physically wired to the sender.

There in Rossotti’s beer garden, a signal was sent from a group of men and women using a computer all the way to an antenna miles away. Once this was successful, they pushed their signal further and further. This success was the beginning of the creation of the internet!

• Therovenator Rex aka T-Rex

• @noob404 said:

@markz said:

And, get ready for the new challenges the new year will present. Sorry if it sounded pessimistic.

No, it's not pessimistic. Day by day, we must be prepared for the challenges that lie ahead of us

More Than Half the World’s Population Uses It
    Currently, over sixty percent of the world’s population uses the internet. Although use of the internet differs throughout the world, more than half of us use it and rely on it every day. Even if you don’t use the internet yourself, it definitely affects your life in one way or another.

This number is only set to increase with the latest mobile internet technology becoming cheaper day by day in populous countries.

WiFi is Nearly 30 Years Old (Feel old yet?)
    Did you know that WiFi is older than some millennials? One of the most fascinating pieces of internet trivia is how old WiFi actually is. Wireless internet was invented and released for public use in 1997, which is nearly 30 years old now.

Many people still used dial up internet for quite some time after the invention and release of WiFi, meaning that you may remember having to deal with slow, annoying internet speeds.

• Happy New Year, great thread here.

You Almost Used WaveLAN
    Before WiFi got its name, it was almost called several different things. Wireless internet was the original term for the idea of WiFi, but several other terms were considered for the concept. The first term was IEEE 802.11b, although it wasn’t really in the running for what the public would call the wireless internet and was just a technical term. Others included:

• WaveLAN
    • Trapeze
    • Dragonfly
    • Hornet

All of these names (with the exception of IEEE 802.11b) were in the running. However, WiFi was eventually chosen and a WiFi Alliance established to create wireless internet standards and rules.

The Name WiFi Doesn’t Represent Anything
    One common misconception about the name “WiFi” is that it must be short for a longer term. Some believe that WiFi is short for Wireless Fidelity, while others think it’s a technical internet term that doesn’t translate well to common conversation.

However, WiFi doesn’t actually stand for anything at all. The term was coined to fit the idea of wireless internet. It’s just a fun name for a great invention!

• Acheroraptor Gigas aka Acheroraptor

The Average Person Spends Close to Half Their Day Online
    Do you find yourself always on your phone, laptop, or tablet? You’re not alone. The typical person across the globe will find themselves spending around ten hours a day connected to the internet.
    Often, we don’t even realize the amount of time that we spend on the internet each day, as it happens through so many different devices, including smart watches, smartphones, and devices such as Amazon Echo.

Calculating: Roughly 10 hours a day: In an year: 365x10=152 Days!!!

Google Is the Most Popular Website
    If you find yourself Googling everything, you’re not the only one. Google is the most popular website on the internet, and receives millions of searches every day. Each day, its database expands as more searches and information comes in, making the website’s popularity even higher.

YouTube Videos Go Back to 2005
    YouTube is the second-most-popular website in the world, next to Google. While it may feel like the site has been around forever, the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005. It’s called “Me at the zoo” and was uploaded by YouTube cofounder Jawed Karim, who was at the San Diego Zoo.

The Internet Is Underwater
    One of the main reasons why the internet works so well for you is the large masses of cables that span across the world, connecting databases together and helping signals run. Many of these cables are actually underwater.
    Fun fact: because these cables are in the ocean, some scientists and researchers have actually recorded the internet being attacked by sharks!

• @markz said:

@noob404 said:

@markz said:

No, it's not pessimistic. Day by day, we must be prepared for the challenges that lie ahead of us

True. I just hope 2024 decides to go a bit easy on me, not a lot, just a bit.

Thanked by 1markz
  • Titanoceratops Imperator

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Here's an interesting chart that shows the countries with the cheapest and costliest mobile data:-

Which side of the graph are you on?

Thanked by 1markz
  • I got a free ryzen vps! Thank you.

order number : 6563577556

• @kashon said:

Acheroraptor Gigas aka Acheroraptor

This is cool. I am gonna try Bing Images now.

Thanked by 2kashon FrankZ
  • @Arirang said:
    I got a free ryzen vps! Thank you.

In the last BF sale?

• Here's my first attempt:-

Typed in Xbox One X instead of Xbox Series X. My bad.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @noob404 said:

@Arirang said:

In the last BF sale?

No. free vps for first 10 comment in this thread.

• go go go

• @Arirang said:

@noob404 said:

@Arirang said:

In the last BF sale?

No. free vps for first 10 comment in this thread.

Oh yah. The very first giveaway. Congrats on the win. How's the VPS?