Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024) - Page 182
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024)

Comments

• SPACE FACTS

Space is completely silent.

This is because there is no air in space, and air is needed to carry the sound vibrations.

So if you shouted to someone next to you in space they wouldn’t be able to hear you. How’s that for a fun space fact!?

• markzmarkz Member

Life is a beautiful journey despite being full of obstacles

• SPACE FACTS

Coca-Cola was the first commercial soft drink that was ever consumed in space.

The first food ever eaten in space was applesauce and was eaten by John Glenn in space during the Friendship 7 mission in 1962.

• SPACE FACTS

Astronauts can grow approximately two inches (5 cm) in height when in space.

This is due to the lack of gravity in space causes the discs between the vertebrae to expand a little.

However, this extra height is lost when re-entering the Earth’s atmosphere and being subjected to the Earth’s gravity again.

• markzmarkz Member

In every challenge, there is light at the end of the tunnel

• SPACE FACTS

The Kuiper Belt is a region of the Solar System beyond the orbit of Neptune.

The Kuiper Belt is a ring of icy bodies and is where Pluto is located.

• SPACE FACTS

The first woman in space was a Russian called Valentina Tereshkova.

She launched into both history and space during the Vostok 6 mission on June 16, 1963.

She spent almost three days in space and orbited the Earth 48 times in her space capsule before returning to Earth.

• SPACE FACTS

If Saturn’s rings were 3 feet long, they would be 10,000 times thinner than a razor blade.

The rings around Saturn are so thin because they are made up of pieces of dusty water ice ranging in size from dust grains to boulders.

• SPACE FACTS

The Hubble Space Telescope is one of the most productive scientific instruments ever built.

Astronomers using Hubble data have published more than 15,000 scientific papers. Those papers have been cited in other papers 738,000 times.

We have more facts about space & The Hubble Space Telescope here!

• SPACE FACTS

The first artificial satellite in space was called “Sputnik”.

It was launched by the Soviet Union into an elliptical low Earth orbit on October 4, 1957.

• SPACE FACTS

Exoplanets are planets that orbit around other stars.

All of the planets in our solar system orbit around the Sun. But what about other solar systems?

In 2009, NASA launched a spacecraft called Kepler to look for exoplanets, and has discovered thousands since its launch.

• markzmarkz Member

Life is a battlefield where we win the war through perseverance

• SPACE FACTS

The center of the Milky Way smells like rum & tastes like raspberries.

• markzmarkz Member

Challenges are a mirror that reflects who we truly are

• markzmarkz Member

We grow more mature and wiser through every challenge

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:
    I just competed my 3,700th pushup for the month, and 30,000th for the year.
    At least one of 2023's New Year's resolution was completed.

So, how many sets a day? Anyways, impressive. Stay fit, bro, and inspire us to follow in your footsteps.

It varies, but on a normal day recently it is 4 sets of 40. I've been building up through the year. Did 22,000+ in 2022, hoping for 40,000 in 2024.

That's really cool. I myself have been trying to do pullups and pushups, but, unfortunately, never been able to do it consistently. Blame myself for that.

If I could figure out where to put a pull-up bar in the house where it was convenient to use and would not bother the wife, I would. The key for me to consistently doing exercise is that I need to make it really convenient to do. Which is why I don't do any big weights. As I can't be bothered to go to the gym regularly..

• SPACE FACTS

Our moon is moving away from Earth at a rate of 1.6 inch (4 cm) per year!

Scientists do believe that eventually the Moon will move out of the field of Earth’s gravity; however this won’t happen for billions of years to come.

• SPACE FACTS

Pluto is named after the Roman god of the underworld, not the Disney Dog.

The name for the planet was suggested by Venetia Burney, an eleven-year old British schoolgirl, to the planet’s discoverer Clyde Tombaugh.

• markzmarkz Member

In every challenge, we find the opportunity to shine

• @FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:
    I just competed my 3,700th pushup for the month, and 30,000th for the year.
    At least one of 2023's New Year's resolution was completed.

So, how many sets a day? Anyways, impressive. Stay fit, bro, and inspire us to follow in your footsteps.

It varies, but on a normal day recently it is 4 sets of 40. I've been building up through the year. Did 22,000+ in 2022, hoping for 40,000 in 2024.

That's really cool. I myself have been trying to do pullups and pushups, but, unfortunately, never been able to do it consistently. Blame myself for that.

If I could figure out where to put a pull-up bar in the house where it was convenient to use and would not bother the wife, I would. The key for me to consistently doing exercise is that I need to make it really convenient to do. Which is why I don't do any big weights. As I can't be bothered to go to the gym regularly..

I have one built in the courtyard. But, hardly used it for a week.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:

SPACE FACTS

There are approximately 100 thousand million stars in the Milky Way.

That may sound like a lot, but its nothing compared to the galaxy with the most stars in the universe, IC 1101, which has a mind-blowing 100 trillion stars!

Isn't 100 thousand million more than a 100 trillion ?

I guess so. Really bad at that numbering system. We, in India, use Lakhs, Crores, etc. instead of millions, billions and trillions.

I correct my self above and now think it is the same. I was not dis'ing on you I was just reading the Space Facts and was curious. We don't use billions or trillions here as well.

Never felt you were dissing me, bro. It's always fun to have these conversations. These conversations with you guys has not only taught me about new concepts on servers and stuff, but, also a hell lotta stuff. This New Year, I am grateful for having made your acquaintance. Thanks dude.

Cool, just wanted to make sure. Since English is not my first language, sometimes when I reread something I wrote, it no longer sounds the way I meant it.

• markzmarkz Member

Challenges are the true test of our character

• markzmarkz Member

Life is a unique journey colored by various challenges

• @FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:

SPACE FACTS

There are approximately 100 thousand million stars in the Milky Way.

That may sound like a lot, but its nothing compared to the galaxy with the most stars in the universe, IC 1101, which has a mind-blowing 100 trillion stars!

Isn't 100 thousand million more than a 100 trillion ?

I guess so. Really bad at that numbering system. We, in India, use Lakhs, Crores, etc. instead of millions, billions and trillions.

I correct my self above and now think it is the same. I was not dis'ing on you I was just reading the Space Facts and was curious. We don't use billions or trillions here as well.

Never felt you were dissing me, bro. It's always fun to have these conversations. These conversations with you guys has not only taught me about new concepts on servers and stuff, but, also a hell lotta stuff. This New Year, I am grateful for having made your acquaintance. Thanks dude.

Cool, just wanted to make sure. Since English is not my first language, sometimes when I reread something I wrote, it no longer sounds the way I meant it.

Don't sweat it, Frank. It's alright. For someone whom English isn't their first language, you are pretty good.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • SPACE IMAGES - HUBBLE

Hubble's View of Jupiter and Europa in August 2020

• SPACE IMAGES - HUBBLE

Tapestry of Blazing Starbirth

• SPACE IMAGES - HUBBLE

Westerlund 2 — Hubble’s 25th anniversary image

• markzmarkz Member

Every challenge is an opportunity to showcase our resilience

• SPACE IMAGES - HUBBLE

New view of the Pillars of Creation — visible

• markzmarkz Member