Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AOC for PCI-DSS Compliance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AOC for PCI-DSS Compliance

One of the payment gateways is requesting an AOC for PCI-DSS compliance for my web hosting business. I tried searching on Google but didn't understand much about it or how to obtain it. Can someone please explain what it is and how I can get it?

Comments

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

You don't need PCI-DSS unless you are going to collect clients' cc data yourself

• @tentor said: You don't need PCI-DSS unless you are going to collect clients' cc data yourself

That's the thing! I'm using Stripe for credit cards, but I don't understand why the payment gateway itself is asking for it.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@Uchiha said:

@tentor said: You don't need PCI-DSS unless you are going to collect clients' cc data yourself

That's the thing! I'm using Stripe for credit cards, but I don't understand why the payment gateway itself is asking for it.

I have seen most merchants using Stripe collecting clients' cards for some reason, however few use Stripe's page for this purpose. The latter one do not need to have PCI-DSS.

Reach the support on this matter.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Uchiha said:
    One of the payment gateways is requesting an AOC for PCI-DSS compliance for my web hosting business. I tried searching on Google but didn't understand much about it or how to obtain it. Can someone please explain what it is and how I can get it?

What customer data are you collecting?

• @jbiloh said: What customer data are you collecting?

The basic user registration data, such as name, email, phone number, etc.

• @Uchiha said:

@tentor said: You don't need PCI-DSS unless you are going to collect clients' cc data yourself

So stripe is asking you to undergo pci-dss? You don't tell whole story here.

• UchihaUchiha Member
    edited December 2023

@LeroyJ said: So stripe is asking you to undergo pci-dss? You don't tell whole story here.

No, it's not Stripe; it's Razorpay that is requesting this information. I do have Stripe, and it's working perfectly fine without requiring it.

• @Uchiha said:

@LeroyJ said: So stripe is asking you to undergo pci-dss? You don't tell whole story here.

No, it's not Stripe; it's Razorpay that is requesting this information. I do have Stripe, and it's working perfectly fine without requiring it.

Are you from India? Just be with stripe then. Why do you need them? Any specific method of payment, non-standard credit cards? Is it standard razor pay whmcs plugin?

• @LeroyJ said: Are you from India? Just be with stripe then. Why do you need them? Any specific method of payment, non-standard credit cards? Is it standard razor pay whmcs plugin?

No, but my targeted audiences are from there, and I want to accept local payments from India and China too. That's why I signed up with them. Additionally, they offer a WHMCS module. They are one of the leading payment providers in those regions.

• @Uchiha said:

@LeroyJ said: Are you from India? Just be with stripe then. Why do you need them? Any specific method of payment, non-standard credit cards? Is it standard razor pay whmcs plugin?

No, but my targeted audiences are from there, and I want to accept local payments from India and China too. That's why I signed up with them. Additionally, they offer a WHMCS module. They are one of the leading payment providers in those regions.

Probably thats why you need to undergo their pci-dss. Probably not that strict as visa/mastercard