Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you guys heard of brixly?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Have you guys heard of brixly?

They have a good trustpilot and they let us resell their own premium line up and vps and I was considering it.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2023

Brixly are solid, use their own hardware and I rarely hear anything bad about them here in the UK.

Thanked by 1ArrowBoi
  • Was using cloud and reseller hosting for some time, performance was ok, you can find a better offer here for the same money.

• @sasslik said:
    Was using cloud and reseller hosting for some time, performance was ok, you can find a better offer here for the same money.

I was unable to find anyone else providing whmcs with reseller hosting for cheap for similar money except skynethosting.

• @ArrowBoi said:

@sasslik said:
    Was using cloud and reseller hosting for some time, performance was ok, you can find a better offer here for the same money.

I was unable to find anyone else providing whmcs with reseller hosting for cheap for similar money except skynethosting.

I would go with SkyNetHosting for cheap WHMCS license, but not for reselling their hosting service.

Thanked by 1ArrowBoi
  • Why not Blesta? It's not bad

• @emgh said:
    Why not Blesta? It's not bad

When I first used it, it seemed very uncomfortable. Even one provider who I use has changed to whmcs.

• @sasslik said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@sasslik said:

I would go with SkyNetHosting for cheap WHMCS license, but not for reselling their hosting service.

do they let us use the license on another provider?

• @ArrowBoi said:

@sasslik said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@sasslik said:

Hasn't this been answered in the other thread already?

• @totally_not_banned said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@sasslik said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@sasslik said:

Hasn't this been answered in the other thread already?

just confirming, the hosting provider hasn't replied yet so I feel doubtful cuz there's a chance they might have stopped allowing that.

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

When I first used it, it seemed very uncomfortable. Even one provider who I use has changed to whmcs.

So migrate afterwards?

Let me honest, you're not looking at a major clientele for now

Just get started cheaply, if you decide it's not worth it, you haven't lost a lot

And if it works out great, you migrate

• @emgh said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

So migrate afterwards?

Let's me honest, you're not looking at a major clientele for now

Just get started cheaply, if you decide it's not worth it, you haven't lost a lot

I would have done that but whmcs has a feature that I want which blesta doesn't.

• @ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

So migrate afterwards?

I would have done that but whmcs has a feature that I want which blesta doesn't.

And will that feature be the difference between success and failure?

Not trying to be rude (at all).

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @emgh said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

So migrate afterwards?

And will that feature be the difference between success and failure?

Not trying to be rude (at all).

you're not being rude, don't worry.
    that feature is a very useful thing, its related to payment gateway and I highly need it if I want to accept card payments worldwide even at places where paypal is disabled.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • I can accept card payments with blesta too but I'd be limited to only accepting INR and we all know that any global client would be comfortable with paying in USD or EUR or GBP.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Stripe won't work?

• @emgh said:
    Stripe won't work?

kinda like I'm limited to only accepting INR payments and whmcs has a setting which lets me bill customers in USD and I'm not sure what but either the system or the gateway does the currency conversion and sends the money to my stripe in INR. Its super useful to accept payments in USD.
    even wisecp had that so I was considering it but a few said wisecp has alot of bugs and etc.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • that feature was very useful both the times that I operated a hosting service in the start and the middle of the year.

• Brixly are a solid host and (at the moment) the WHMCS license is quite cheap to buy from them

• mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited December 2023

Interesting. It seemed odd that despite living in the same area as Brixly, I had never heard of them. I have been in business since 2001.

Their 2022 company accounts show they had £34k in the bank and they are paying off a £38k debt, a very small business.

I doubt they own hardware, as their accounts state £5k in tangible assets.

• @mrl22 said:
    Interesting. It seemed odd that despite living in the same area as Brixly, I have been in business since 2001.

Their 2022 company accounts show they had £34k in the bank and they are paying off a £38k debt, a very small business.

Where did you get this info from, please ?

• mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited December 2023

@adilolv said: Where did you get this info from, please ?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11187510/filing-history

"Total exemption full accounts made up to 28 February 2022"

• instavpsinstavps Member, Patron Provider

Crazy that you can get that level of info from the government! Here only Uncle Sam knows that.

• mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited December 2023

@instavps said:
    Crazy that you can get that level of info from the government! Here only Uncle Sam knows that.

All public information here in the uk. It doesn’t tell you everything about a business but you can get a rough idea how well they are doing.

• instavpsinstavps Member, Patron Provider

Yeah thats a lot more info then you can get in the US.

• @adilolv said:

@mrl22 said:
    Interesting. It seemed odd that despite living in the same area as Brixly, I have been in business since 2001.

Where did you get this info from, please ?

Interesting. Kinda some point asked info about their infra but didnt get answer. Website says this lol

We are delighted to announce that we have invested over £250,000 on new infrastructure, allowing us to build out our incredibly powerful cloud platform, which will be the home for your websites and accounts.

https://brixly.uk/b-cloud-infrastructure

• @sasslik said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@sasslik said:

I wouldn't recommend SkyNet. I used them years and years ago, and when they enabled SSH access for me, it wasn't jailed (or something similar, can't remember exactly), and I could access everyone else's backups on the node. I'm sure I wasn't the first to have access.

• ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member
    edited December 2023

@Vextro said:

@sasslik said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@sasslik said:

I wouldn't recommend SkyNet. I used them years and years ago, and when they enabled SSH access for me, it wasn't jailed (or something similar, can't remember exactly), and I could access everyone else's backups on the node. I'm sure I wasn't the first to have access.

oh wow, would it be fine if I just pay them and use their license only? they said it was fine. but mentioned they won't be able to provide any support.

• @ArrowBoi said:

@Vextro said:

@sasslik said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@sasslik said:

oh wow, would it be fine if I just pay them and use their license only? they said it was fine. but mentioned they won't be able to provide any support.

Afaik the licenses are locked to their IPs like other WHMCS providers, so as soon as you use the license somewhere else, it gets suspended.

Who's to say if what I had with them was a one-off experience, it's really up to you if you want to go with them, but after I experienced that I personally wouldn't trust them with sensitive data. It's worth it to pay a couple more bucks a month to go with someone more established.

As a side note, I tried Brixly for a short while, and they were pretty good..

Thanked by 1ArrowBoi
  • mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited December 2023

@sasslik said: We are delighted to announce that we have invested over £250,000 on new infrastructure, allowing us to build out our incredibly powerful cloud platform, which will be the home for your websites and accounts.

Haha, this is what I was saying about big claims. A few fibs are being told.

£5k in tangible assets, that's at most a laptop, a desktop computer or two and some used desks/chairs.

To put it into perspective, my company has a small number of new/used servers in a half rack at a local DC (20 min drive), a rented office with desks, chairs, kitchen appliances and a few computers. Our accounts state £50k in tangible assets.

CloudFlare protects their domains, but you can easily get the real IPs which resolve to Hydra Communications and Hetzner.