Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS to Blesta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS to Blesta

Hello,

I am thinking to switch to any WHMCS alternative as they're increasing pricing each year. Webpros must be avoided at any cost. cPanel increased pricing, Plesk increased pricing, WHMCS increased pricing as well. Webpros basically made the plan to keep increasing their pricing and increasing their profits by 30% every year. Such a nice way to grow company profits by 30% every year.

Anyways, on the topic. I have seen so many providers here using WHMCS, almost all, but there are very few using Blesta. I feel Blesta is very easy-to-use and hassel free after looking at their UI. WHMCS gives me a feel of Yahoo!, bloated with lots of features and doesn't seems too good, Blesta gives a feel of Google, neat & clean.

I checked Clientexec, didn't found it's UI that good, looks annoying UI. Blesta's Bootstrap UI looks like a bit interserver's UI. It's good.

But the main thing is, Is it easy to shift a WHMCS Installation of 800 clients to Blesta?

What do you think about Blesta? If you're a hosting provider and using WHMCS, why don't you switch to Blesta?

What are the most common problems we face while switching from WHMCS to Blesta?

We we're thinking to use DirectAdmin from now on, but found that Blesta doesn't even have a way to Single Sign On DirectAdmin. At least they should have at least some support for DirectAdmin.

I want to know community opinion. Let's discuss what do you think about WHMCS and Blesta.

Comments

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

If you are looking for WHMCS in Blesta or in other billing panel then you are bound to get disappointed.

Have experience in most of the panel you mentioned and more, WHMCS has very big ecosystem so its good for almost anything and widely supported, thats its USP now.

However, honest advice would be shifting some of the friendly clients to new panel and try out as almost all of them has steep learning curve to make efficient use of them. You can only make right decision if you actually put them on use.

Thanked by 2host_c adly
  • LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

Its just not worth switching just to save a few dollars per month. It will probably cost me $1,000 worth of my time which means it would take years to pay for itself. If I were just starting I would probably go the Blesta route.

• for fresh start, Blesta 100%.

Migratin from WHMCS to Blesta, is not painless, and Blesta Support is terrible on that matter.

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

I wonder what software has great support now days, when most of the companies change employees like socks in the morning..... and support teams barely speak English at technical level.

1. For a fresh start is Blesta also better than the other WHMCS alternatives?

2. How is Blesta better than WHMCS itself? It's priced better -- or its functionality is better and has everything that WHMCS has?

• I’m using blesta from years, switched from Whmcs and I have 0 problems

• @Jorbox said:
    I’m using blesta from years, switched from Whmcs and I have 0 problems

Does Blesta have all the features and functionality that WHMCS has?

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@titaniumboy how much profit webpros is making is not what I think, but I just consider whether all the hassles of switching to Blesta is of more value than paying $300/mo to WHMCS, and I find that paying $300 to WHMCS is cheaper then working through all the problems that will come when I switch to a new billing system ..

I do have lifetime owned license of Blesta and even provide free Blesta License but switching so many clients to a new panels brings lots of trouble and some clients may even cancel

Even if they change the price of WHMCS to $400/mo I probably won't switch as it is not worth all the troubles that comes with it

there is one more problem that might come with it, all the affiliate links probably won't work anymore and atleast I get a lot of business via affiliate.

Though if I was starting new I probably would have started with HostBill or may be even Blesta

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @HostEONS Would you start with HostBill or Blesta instead of WHMCS because of the formers superiority over WHMCS? Or because of the pricing difference?

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@JosephF said:
    @HostEONS Would you start with HostBill or Blesta instead of WHMCS because of the formers superiority over WHMCS? Or because of the pricing difference?

Most likely I would start with HostBill due to lack of features in Blesta, Blesta is very cheap it's like almost free but features is what I need when deciding the software as it's going to be in use for long term

I won't say BLESTA is bad, it's ideal for new hosts especially if you are just into web hosting or reselling web hosting

and to be honest, I've not checked Blesta since few years so I'm not aware of latest development and features

But I know HostBill actively develops modules etc... so if I was starting new I would go for HB