Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webuzo revisited
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webuzo revisited

About two years ago I tested Webuzo, as an alternative to Directadmin (which it was for me a replacement for cPanel - way to pricey for my budget). From the start I encountered a lot of errors, I had to fix a lot of problems in cli, it was far from ready for primetime. After a few weeks of testing it, I decided it doesn't worth it and I didn't renew my licence.

Fast forward a couple of years: last week I decided to give Webuzo another try. It's like a different software. The problems I encountered in the past was gone. The interface is very similar to cPanel and WHM, the functions are almost the same, it has cGroups, the App thing is way better than the CustomBuild from Directadmin with a very smooth experience. Also I noticed that their online help is much better than before, it's obvious that they are moving in a good direction.

Let's see how it's going to be in the long run. I will continue to test it, and if everything is ok I will try to put it on a production server.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

They don’t seem to update services very often. I think their installer is still installing a vulnerable version of exim, if I recall.

• Webuzo is India product. As a rule, india support is horrible and software, despite big set of features, is very buggy in production. With cpanel or DA you have solid support behind.

• alexroeualexroeu Member
    edited December 2023

@jar said:
    They don’t seem to update services very often. I think their installer is still installing a vulnerable version of exim, if I recall.

you made me curious :smile: this is the version shipped with Webuzo:
    Exim version 4.96.2 #2 built 16-Oct-2023 16:45:47

Thanked by 1jar

@alexroeu said:

@jar said:

you made me curious :smile: this is the version shipped with Webuzo:
    Exim version 4.96.2 #2 built 16-Oct-2023 16:45:47

I guess that has the backported fixes so not bad. I thought everyone would just upgrade to 4.97.

• @LeroyJ said:
    Webuzo is India product. As a rule, india support is horrible and software, despite big set of features, is very buggy in production. With cpanel or DA you have solid support behind.

DirectAdmin has the worst and slowest support of them all.

@JoseDieguez said:

@LeroyJ said:
    Webuzo is India product. As a rule, india support is horrible and software, despite big set of features, is very buggy in production. With cpanel or DA you have solid support behind.

I get same day fixes, next day if the ticket is opened late in the day.

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • @jar said:

@JoseDieguez said:

@LeroyJ said:

I get same day fixes, next day if the ticket is opened late in the day.

If the new licenses are 29 USD, there is support and the code is constantly improved.

However, Directadmin is not good if you use Datacenter licenses or lifetime licenses like me.

For example, MariaDB 10.11 will not work with old licenses. Maybe soon there will be new versions of php 8.x and who knows exim...

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

Webuzo, lol, we have 2 systems in production at a client,
    Please pay Direct Admin / Cpanel :smiley:

• alexroeualexroeu Member
    edited December 2023

:D is that bad? :D