Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KTS24 10% price increase by 2024
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KTS24 10% price increase by 2024

Dear customers,

As announced at the beginning of 2023, we have not made any price adjustments this year and would like to carry this over into 2024. Unfortunately, we received an email a few hours ago informing us that the already drastically increased prices for our data center will be increased again on 01.01.2024.
Unfortunately, this leaves us no choice but to pass the costs on to our customers.

As we consider it important that the special offers of the past continue to be honored, we have decided on a percentage adjustment of 10% for all services.
Over the next month, we will adjust the base price of your service accordingly. Renewals of your services that have already taken place will not be affected by the adjustment.

The costs for add-ons, such as additional memory or hard disks, will not be affected by the adjustment, as the margin here was previously higher and we can therefore avoid a price increase for the time being.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to keep you as a long-term customer despite the slightly higher costs.

Your
Haendler.IT Team

Comments

• It's interesting what they call "drastically". According to a Discord, the electricity price is changing by 2 cents, so whether it is appropriate to increase prices by 10% is something everyone has to decide for themselves.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • I don't deal with a data center myself and am assuming that this was a recent notification; but I am going to ask what kind of a business of any type only gives about 10 days notice of a price increase on an ongoing monthly charge? This statement applies to both the provider and data center.

Additionally all business have to expect price increases every year of some amount, about the cost of inflation would be a good starting point. So a 10% increase in price to me seems like a weasel clause.

@ascicode said: we received an email a few hours ago informing us that the already drastically increased prices for our data center will be increased again on 01.01.2024.

• which datacenter is this? let's cancel them!

• RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

@dansch said:
    It's interesting what they call "drastically". According to a Discord, the electricity price is changing by 2 cents, so whether it is appropriate to increase prices by 10% is something everyone has to decide for themselves.

But you're not taking into account the other price increases in 2023, which we have not passed on.

In general, this is the first price adjustment in 10 years, which doesn't make me particularly happy either.

• @cybertech said:
    which datacenter is this? let's cancel them!

SkyLink in Eygelshoven. You might want to cancel most european governments then, but they still won't cheapen the electricity.

• I think I will not renew the service I have with them

• @Carlin0 said:
    I think I will not renew the service I have with them

i have been with them maybe since 2018 or before ... they never increased prices... and now they ask for +10% to cover dataceneter fees and you say this?

i am considering renewing some services before Jan and will continue with them as long as i have budget money.

i <3 KTS24

Thanked by 2BasToTheMax rsk
  • ehabehab Member
    edited December 2023

anyone says shit now i know they are the same.

• KTS24 is the best provider

• ehabehab Member
    edited December 2023

@cybertech said:

KTS24 is the best provider

mr.#MOOOOROOROOORooo

• KTS24 is a good provider, but you can find the same service at a lower price...

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@Carlin0 said:
    KTS24 is a good provider, but you can find the same service at a lower price...

There's always a cheaper provider.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • @MrRadic said:

@Carlin0 said:
    KTS24 is a good provider, but you can find the same service at a lower price...

There's always a cheaper provider.

So why not take advantage of this

• @cybertech said:
    which datacenter is this? let's cancel them!

I did !