Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for [cheap] VPS in Osaka, JP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for [cheap] VPS in Osaka, JP

svragvsvragv Member
edited December 2023 in Providers

Good day,
I am looking for a server in the Osaka Prefecture in Japan.
The server does not have to be a beast provided it is cheap. ~20GB of storage and 2GB, and 2 cores would be adequate. I just need enough bandwidth not to care about it. The server is just going to be a node of a load balancer. So it should not consume a lot of bandwidth.
IPv6 would be a nice plus, although not necessary.
BSD systems would be also a good plus, but the real good plus is mounting your own ISO with no or meaningless extra-price
I've seen Vultr has nice offers for this, but I'd like to know if there are better/cheaper options.
Budget: no more than 10EUR/month

Comments

• Linode has an Osaka location starting from $5/month for 1GB RAM.

• Is Linode still good since Akamai ate it?
    I mean, at least it wasn't Cloudflare...

• If 1TB of transfer is enough:

look out for the VPS Essential 2C/2G/30GB SSD/1TB or the VPS Pro 4C/4G/40GB SSD/1TB at https://v.ps (priced at €7.95 or €9.95 plus VAT) in Osaka. @xTom

Thanked by 1svragv
  • I've tried creating an account in Linode, but since Akamai ate it, It's literally impossible to register. How do they want to have customers if they deny the account creation after adding a payment method? Yes. I'm pretty sure i'm a bot who just gave you a valid payment method. Anyways, I hope they get receive as many benefits as a business model based on rejecting potential customers could give.

Thanks @OhJohn, I will do research on v.ps if i can register, it's already better than Linode.

• @svragv said:
    Is Linode still good since Akamai ate it?
    I mean, at least it wasn't Cloudflare...

Quite good based on personal experiences (long-term Fremont VPS user). Akamai network is slightly better to my local network.

• @svragv said: How do they want to have customers if they deny the account creation after adding a payment method?

Another nonsense. It is legally illegal to take bank card details and then block logging into the system. That is, you have not received anything and they already have your details in the system. Which can be used by fraudsters. And since you're not a client, no one is responsible.

As far as I know they still require copies of passports to activate an account.

• +1 linode
    linode using akamai networks.
    I think akamai is the one of best network provider in japan.

• v.ps japan vps got better routing than Vultr

• Hello, thanks everyone for their replies.
    I still can't register in Linode. So I cannot use it because of Akamai's business model.
    I've found v.ps pretty good with good prices. So I maybe will go for that one.