Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with 4K playback and OBS support?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with 4K playback and OBS support?

Hey guys i have a youtube channel and i run multiple livestreams via OBS 7/24. Is there any chance i can find sub $50/month VPS where i can run multiple instances of OBS and stream 4k videos?

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Uhh that need lot of cores or great GPU , how many multiple streams you want?

Regards

• XerozTechXerozTech Member, Host Rep

Hi, what GPU are you looking for and how many hours would you need it everyday for? We have some 1080, 2060, 2080, P40 & 3090 rigs available.

• @Calin said:
    Uhh that need lot of cores or great GPU , how many multiple streams you want?

Regards

right now i ll be fine with 2 streams of 4K streams on OBS.Do i need a VPS with dedicated GPU or iGPU is fine for this kinda job?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Just to be clear from what you're saying - since this is OBS it's doing 4k encoding right? In which case for the budget to do 2 4k encodes, you'd probably have to go with the popular ones like ovh, hetzner and maybe oneprovider? Those are usually less than 50 per month. There is also dacentec but their servers seem more low end in terms of processing power.

• Just to be clear from what you're saying - since this is OBS it's doing 4k encoding right? In which case for the budget to do 2 4k encodes, you'd probably have to go with the popular ones like ovh, hetzner and maybe oneprovider? Those are usually less than 50 per month. There is also dacentec but their servers seem more low end in terms of processing power.

there s this one but it doesnt have any gpu..you think it ll be enough?

• balrammbalramm Member, Host Rep

You can try our plan if it is suitable. However, you can run only 1 instance.
    https://digirdp.com/rdp-plan/streaming-rdp

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@betfair39 said:

Just to be clear from what you're saying - since this is OBS it's doing 4k encoding right? In which case for the budget to do 2 4k encodes, you'd probably have to go with the popular ones like ovh, hetzner and maybe oneprovider? Those are usually less than 50 per month. There is also dacentec but their servers seem more low end in terms of processing power.

there s this one but it doesnt have any gpu..you think it ll be enough?

I wish I could help you further but I simply don't have enough experience here. The most I do was 1080p live encoding on 3000g APU and that basically maxed it out. I've tested the same on a 4500u APU and it was about 60% CPU. On a 5600g APU that handled 1080p fine. But 4k is an entirely different beast. Coming back to the screenshot, even I am confused - because would the 3600 system require a dedicated gpu to run? Or maybe because it's a server no one is expected to have a display output. Maybe you should contact them and ask them, sorry I can't be more helpful. Even if that works, I'm not sure I'd you will get 2 4k encoding streams out of that.

• Just rent a server with rtx 3080-4090 and remove the streaming restrictions and you can run an infinite number of broadcasts until the map fills up.
    You can easily fit into a budget of 300-400 dollars.

• llllll Member
    edited December 2023

@PulsedMedia offers Transcoding Servers.
    https://pulsedmedia.com/minidedi-dedicated-servers-finland.php
    According to a reddit comment Intel i 7. Gen should be enough for 2 transcodings in 4K.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/yc5p2n/comment/itkg8kg/

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @balramm said: you can run only 1 instance.

@Dessgun said:
    Just rent a server with rtx 3080-4090 and remove the streaming restrictions and you can run an infinite number of broadcasts until the map fills up.
    You can easily fit into a budget of 300-400 dollars.

monthly 300-400 dollars? that's a lot sorry

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@crunchbits brooooo!!!!!!

• Intel iGPUs has no limit on max concurrent encode streams, only bound by the hardware.
    With multiple 4K h264 streams, you'll be pushing it quite a bit

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@betfair39 said:
    Hey guys i have a youtube channel and i run multiple livestreams via OBS 7/24. Is there any chance i can find sub $50/month VPS where i can run multiple instances of OBS and stream 4k videos?

I can't tell you exactly what hardware is needed to stream 4K videos/OBS for your specific setup, but I think a dedicated iGPU should be fine with 2x 4K streams.

Some ideas (all iGPU w/QuickSync):

• i5 10500T Minidedi (32GB RAM / 1TB NVMe / 1Gbps) - $45/m
    • E3 1245 v5 (32GB RAM / 2x 480GB SSD / 1Gbps) - $50/m

Dedicated GPU:

• Tesla P4 VDS - $35/m
    • RTX 3070 VDS - $75/m
    • RTX 3090 VDS - $135/m
    Thanked by 2wedge1001 betfair39