Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I really need some help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I really need some help

I want a system that can run multiple instances of Bluestacks around 10. Whether dedicated server or vps, anything will do. Price range between 20 to 30 dollars. Initially I did not know that normal vps providers don't offer this service so I lost some money. Got scammed by another provider who sold me a vps that could not even handle windows. If I could get a reliable service I would really appreciate.

Comments

• So you basically want to emulate 10 parallel instances of android and all of that while running Windows? I fear 20-30$/m might be a little low for that.

• This is impossible sir, unless someone is willing to donate to charity

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep
    1. BlueStacks Requirements
    Processor: Intel or AMD Multi-Core Processor with Single Thread PassMark score > 1000.
    Graphics: Intel/Nvidia/ATI, Onboard or Discrete controller with PassMark score >= 750.
    RAM: 8GB or higher.
    HDD: SSD (or Fusion/Hybrid Drives)

So, at least 80GB RAM at 20-30$.
    Cool, good luck - have fun!

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • 10 bluestack? what is your use case ?
    can run bluestack and running game in bluestack is different matters.

• @asthen said:
    10 bluestack? what is your use case ?

Running some basic apps. No gaming though

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@threalatm said:
    I want a system that can run multiple instances of Bluestacks around 10. Whether dedicated server or vps, anything will do. Price range between 20 to 30 dollars. Initially I did not know that normal vps providers don't offer this service so I lost some money. Got scammed by another provider who sold me a vps that could not even handle windows. If I could get a reliable service I would really appreciate.

I'm not sure how much RAM you need ,but we provide VDS, in a VDS you need not worry about CPU usage and since these are 7950x VDS these are going to be extremely fast

So if you know your resource requirements you can order one of our VDS

We even have a Christmas promo going on https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191276/hosteons-krampus-giveaways-christmas-offers-vps-offers-in-9-dc-kvm-ovz-us-eu/p1

or

https://my.hosteons.com/store/christmas-sale-9-datacenter-across-us-and-eu

Make sure to only go for VDS/Hybrid server and not a VPS

Thanks

• edited December 2023

@threalatm said:

@asthen said:

Might cut down on resources a bit but still 20-30$ won't get you very far. You should probably look for a dedi with at least 48GB RAM (better 96 but you could also try 32 i guess...), like 6 cores/12 threads semi-powerful CPU and if mere onboard graphics are going to cut it is a whole other question. If not you'd need some dedicated GFX card which will just add to the not so much lowend specs there already are. Keep in mind: This config is not guaranteed to be actually sufficient but rather as cheap as maybe possible.

• Might as well go and buy the hardware then

• maybe OVH's SYS-GAME-2 if you have a Windows Server license (or want to install Windows via IPMI), but that's 50€ without VAT.
    There are cheaper options with Xeons but no iGPU.

• @FlorinMarian said: So, at least 80GB RAM at 20-30$.

Yes that's way too cheap for 80gigs of RAM.

• edited December 2023

@HostEONS said:
    I'm not sure how much RAM you need ,

Discounting your most expensive offer which is way out of OPs budget and given the fact that OP wants to run Windows that would leave about 1.6GB RAM per emulation instance which officially states a minimum requirement of 8GB (likely including the overhead of running Windows so really 4GB).

but we provide VDS, in a VDS you need not worry about CPU usage and since these are 7950x VDS these are going to be extremely fast

Again discounting your most expensive offer that would come down to 0.5 vCores per emulated system though.

• @threalatm said:

Get a dedicated server with GPU
    and create VMs

• Bluestacks recommends at least 4GB of RAM and 2 cores
    so for running 10 parallel instances, you are looking at at least 40GB of free RAM (plus some more for running Windows) and a dozen cores.

With 20 to 30 dollars you'll have a hard time finding anything.

• rattlecattlerattlecattle Member
    edited December 2023

You shouldn't be using Bluestacks in the first place if you want to use a not so beefy system. Bluestacks would need hardware virt enabled and would be too taxing even if running a single instance let alone 20 of them.

Check out android in docker and similar projects. Basically containerized android. That way you can use a linux VPS and would need way lesser resources.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@asthen said:

👟🎟️

• @totally_not_banned said:

@threalatm said:

@asthen said:

Might cut down on resources a bit but still 20-30$ won't get you very far. You should probably look for a dedi with at least 48GB RAM (better 96 but you could also try 32 i guess...), like 6 cores/12 threads semi-powerful CPU and if mere onboard graphics are going to cut it is a whole other question. If not you'd need some dedicated GFX card which will just add to the not so much lowend specs there already are. Keep in mind: This config is not guaranteed to be actually sufficient but rather as cheap as maybe possible.

It's not a crazy question since you can get a 64gb ram server on hetzner for 34 euros

• edited December 2023

@threalatm said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@threalatm said:

@asthen said:

It's not a crazy question since you can get a 64gb ram server on hetzner for 34 euros

Interesting. Those seem to have come down a bit then. 4c/8t is kinda weak (like i said, i'd go for at the very least 6c/12t) but you could try it i guess? If onboard graphics isn't sufficient Hetzner's auction servers won't be much help though.

• @rattlecattle said:
    You shouldn't be using Bluestacks in the first place if you want to use a not so beefy system. Bluestacks would need hardware virt enabled and would be too taxing even if running a single instance let alone 20 of them.

Check out android in docker and similar projects. Basically containerized android. That way you can use a linux VPS and would need way lesser resources.

Thanks, @rattlecattle
    This looks pretty good.

Thanked by 1rattlecattle
  • It's kind of funny that people are emulating a Linux VM (Android) on Windows instead of using Linux as the hypervisor.

Thanked by 2yoursunny tentor
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2023

How to Run Android Apps natively on Windows 11

• @Moopah said:
    It's kind of funny that people are emulating a Linux VM (Android) on Windows instead of using Linux as the hypervisor.

Android apps can run natively on Windows 11 OS.

Again, the keyword is natively

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

Have seen such demands elsewhere also, if you don't mind @threalatm , what exactly is bluestack is used here for ?

• remyremy Member
    edited December 2023

@dev_vps said:

@Moopah said:
    It's kind of funny that people are emulating a Linux VM (Android) on Windows instead of using Linux as the hypervisor.

Can't
    This runs a virtual machine in the background. It's just silent.

Disable: Virtual Machine Platform & Windows Hypervisor Platform features
    You'll see

• @remy said:

@dev_vps said:

@Moopah said:

Can't

You'll see

Why would I use WSL rather than Linux in a VM?
    WSL requires fewer resources (CPU, memory, and storage) than a full virtual machine. WSL also allows you to run Linux command-line tools and apps alongside your Windows command-line, desktop and store apps, and to access your Windows files from within Linux. This enables you to use Windows apps and Linux command-line tools on the same set of files if you wish.

source -
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/faq

• @dev_vps said:

@Moopah said:

Lol, in what world does Android run natively on Windows 11? If it runs natively, it doesn't require full stack emulation/virtualization to run.

• @dev_vps said:

@remy said:

@dev_vps said:

@Moopah said:

Can't

You'll see

Why would I use WSL rather than Linux in a VM?
    WSL requires fewer resources (CPU, memory, and storage) than a full virtual machine. WSL also allows you to run Linux command-line tools and apps alongside your Windows command-line, desktop and store apps, and to access your Windows files from within Linux. This enables you to use Windows apps and Linux command-line tools on the same set of files if you wish.

source -
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/faq

Did you know that WSL is a virtual machine?
    It's not native, it's just well integrated.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2023

https://www.makeuseof.com/linux-virtual-machine-or-wsl/

WSL also integrates much more fully into Windows than a regular VM in VirtualBox does. While there are ways to integrate your Windows desktop and a Linux VM in VirtualBox, it can take some time to get it working properly.

• @Moopah said:

@dev_vps said:

@Moopah said:

Lol, in what world does Android run natively on Windows 11? If it runs natively, it doesn't require full stack emulation/virtualization to run.

Well, it's java after all. On the api side of things i am quite baffled as to how this would work though.

• MoopahMoopah Member
    edited December 2023

Literally both methods shown are virtual machines (WSL is a VM), which is nowhere close to being "native" in the slightest. The moment you emulate a system call or run a kernel in a VM, it's no longer native.

• @Moopah said:

Literally both methods shown are virtual machines (WSL is a VM), which is nowhere close to being "native" in the slightest. The moment you emulate a system call or run a kernel in a VM, it's no longer native.

Agree
    Disable the Virtual Machine feature
    Your WSL won't work anymore.