Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have some questions about setting up a blog?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1. Is the maintenance cost high?
2. Setting up a blog requires server configuration (the machine in hand only has CC 9.5 and wants to renew for a long time, the configuration is 1c0.5g30g3t1g)
3. Are your blog hosts hosted on domestic/overseas servers?
4. Recommend the blog panel, the one with the highest praise now is Pagoda (too bulky) 1panel (the first choice panel, the technology is limited and I can’t rub it by hand)
5. For insurance, you still need to use a CDN (cloudflare is the first choice. In fact, it doesn’t matter if you are a small blogger or not)
6. Blog framework wp hello ty (not considering that static blogs are cumbersome for now)

Comments

• If you don't know how to manage a vps then go for a shared hosting and start a blog

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • just get cpanel hosting, use one click blog install, like worpdress, ghost, or other. Host anywhere, and put a cdn on top of it. Use caching to make it 5x faster.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    1. Yes, I spend many hours writing original content. If I spend the same time flipping burgers at McDonald's, I would earn thousands.
    2. A well optimized blog can run in 128MB RAM and 5GB SSD.
    3. My blog is hosted in an undisclosed location due to HOST-C DDoS attacks.
    4. There's no blog panel. I serve the content with Caddy.
    5. I'm using Cloudflare Zero Trust tunnel. The server makes outgoing connections to Cloudflare network. There are no open ports.
    6. The blog framework is Hexo.
    Thanked by 3SinV dev077 loay
  • febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited December 2023

@czx448 said: Have some questions about setting up a blog?

I think your English is a little bit off, but I will try to answer it.

@czx448 said: Is the maintenance cost high?

Not really. There are plenty VPS within $15-30 a year.

@czx448 said: Setting up a blog requires server configuration (the machine in hand only has CC 9.5 and wants to renew for a long time, the configuration is 1c0.5g30g3t1g)

What did you even mean by this? If you meant by VPS configuration, then a small blog / personal website can run optimally with at least 1 core + 512 MB RAM.

@czx448 said: Are your blog hosts hosted on domestic/overseas servers?

The best approach is to host it close to the majority of your visitors.

@czx448 said: Recommend the blog panel, the one with the highest praise now is Pagoda (too bulky) 1panel (the first choice panel, the technology is limited and I can’t rub it by hand)

Never heard of those panels, but personally i use Wordops and Cyberpanel, it's not blog panel though, it's a VPS panel (stack).

@czx448 said: For insurance, you still need to use a CDN (cloudflare is the first choice. In fact, it doesn’t matter if you are a small blogger or not)

Yes, having free CDN is good, but not a must.

@czx448 said: Blog framework wp hello ty (not considering that static blogs are cumbersome for now)

I don't understand you question, as i said, your English a little bit off.

• sivesive Member, Host Rep

WP shared hosting is probably your best bet. Otherwise setting up a headless CMS and a frontend template is pretty fun.