Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review for hostkey.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review for hostkey.com

Going to purchase dedicated server for virtualization, let me know if anyone have used

Comments

• @sparrowhost said:
    Going to purchase dedicated server for virtualization, let me know if anyone have used

I've used their storage VPS before but the performance was poor.
    Support responded promptly.
    They moved my server to another node. It was better, decent but no more than that.

But you won't have all these problems with a dedicated server.
    I wouldn't choose them for a dedicated server, but that doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

• @remy said:

@sparrowhost said:

They moved my server to another node. It was better, decent but no more than that.

I wouldn't choose them for a dedicated server, but that doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

can you recommend any other provider with bgp support?

• remyremy Member
    edited December 2023

@sparrowhost said:

@remy said:

@sparrowhost said:

can you recommend any other provider with bgp support?

I have no idea whether this option is available from the providers I've used for dedicated servers so far.
    Others can advise you better than I can.
    Just give us the ideal location for the server you need.

And again, I have nothing against hostkey.com.
    It's very complicated to offer a good experience on storage VPS. Few providers do it well.
    And that doesn't mean you won't get good service from them for your case.

I just have the impression that the parent company is in Russia.
    And I prefer to deal with a company in Europe.
    Not even because of the war, just because of geographical proximity / feeling of trust
    Maybe irrational, but there it is.

• Not the best experience with their VPS line, but they were great when I had a dedicated server with them. This is many years ago, tho.