Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limited 33% on customizable vServers | Packets-Decreaser.NET | Customizable DDoS-Protected vServer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Limited 33% on customizable vServers | Packets-Decreaser.NET | Customizable DDoS-Protected vServer

PacketsDecreaserPacketsDecreaser Member, Patron Provider

Packets-Decreaser.NET

Hello LET Community!

Today, we're excited to offer our customized DDoS-protected virtual servers with a permanent discount of 33% until next year. Use the code LET-33% at checkout to enjoy the discount.

Configurator: Protected KVM vServers

Each server features customizable DDoS protection to ensure a secure environment. We also provide default custom filter profiles for predefined port ranges. If you need a custom filter for a different game, please feel free to contact us.

DDoS Protected Services

In the event of a DDoS attack, we act quickly to fix the problem. You don't have to wait for days to resolve a protection issue; we can solve it immediately.

If you're unsure whether we're the right host for you, we offer test servers for our clients.

For more information, check out our documentation or the Website:

We also have a Discord server where you can contact us with any questions.

Our servers are located in Germany (Equinix FRA 7), offering excellent uptime and a reliable connection to the world.

Looking Glass:

Looking Glass

If you have any further questions, we'll be happy to answer them.

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited December 2023

2 vCores (of unspecified type, maybe E5 v.2, maybe Ryzen 7k)
    4 GB memory
    10 GB SSD/NVMe (which one is it?)
    1 IP4
    5 TB at 1 Gb/s
    "Standard Anti DDoS Support" (whatever that means, Premium is €99/mo)

Price: € 7.80/mo - promo (-33%): € 5.23 (VAT included or not isn't clear). Basically no rebate when paying for 3 months.

@PacketsDecreaser

Sorry, that's not how we do it here on LET.

First the positive: I really like your "Lego" approach that is, us customers being able to get a custom tailored VPS.

Now the negative:

• if you focus in DDOS protection then bloody tell us some tangible and useful info!
    • do not basically sell "DDOS protection and, oh btw, there's some kind of VPS too"!
    • do bloody specify your product, and in a clear manner please!
    • tell us at least the processor model!
    • Debian only - are you joking? Your price isn't super low-end and in your price bracket customers can - and do - expect some choice.

That whole thing feels more like a lottery ("order and pay, who knows what you'll get, maybe something nice") than a serious provider's offer, sorry.

• PacketsDecreaserPacketsDecreaser Member, Patron Provider

@jsg said:
    4 GB memory
    1 IP4
    5 TB at 1 Gb/s

Price: € 7.80/mo - promo (-33%): € 5.23 (VAT included or not isn't clear). Basically no rebate when paying for 3 months.

@PacketsDecreaser

First the positive: I really like your "Lego" approach that is, us customers being able to get a custom tailored VPS.

Now the negative:

• if you focus in DDOS protection then bloody tell us some tangible and useful info!
    • do not basically sell "DDOS protection and, oh btw, there's some kind of VPS too"!
    • Debian only - are you joking? Your price isn't super low-end and in your price bracket customers can - and do - expect some choice.

That whole thing feels more like a lottery ("order and pay, who knows what you'll get, maybe something nice") than a serious provider's offer, sorry.

I can't provide a link to explain the current status because the panel can't do it.
    But here is the explanation

The processor model is actually not specified, I have adapted the product description here, thanks for the info.
    They are Xeon 2690v2 CPUs

They say there is no discount, that is wrong there is a 5% discount on the 3 month term

Now the negative:
    if you focus in DDOS protection then bloody tell us some tangible and useful info!

I don't understand this question, we have put enough information in the thread, you just have to read it, we have a whole docs page for DDoS protection and how we filter attacks.

Documentation
    Packets-Decreaser.NET

do not basically sell DDOS protection and, oh btw, there's some kind of VPS too!

As it says on the website, we sell ddos protection for applications, which logically (mostly) run on servers.
    We also have special filters for games, which also indicates that you can rent game servers / vservers.

do bloody specify your product, and in a clear manner please!

We are already doing that. Let me know what is unclear.

tell us at least the processor model!

already answered

Debian only - are you joking? Your price isn't super low-end and in your price bracket customers can - and do - expect some choice.

We will offer other systems such as ubuntu in the future.

Thanks and looking forward to more great discussions!

The selection is based on capacity utilization

• Degreaser? I need to remove ton of nasty grease out of my kitchen. Recent muckbangs was epic in amount of butter and canolla oil. Don't ask me what I did with canolla oil...

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
    edited December 2023

@PacketsDecreaser said:

@jsg said:
    4 GB memory
    1 IP4
    5 TB at 1 Gb/s

@PacketsDecreaser

Now the negative:

I can't provide a link to explain the current status because the panel can't do it.
    [image]

My point wasn't about diverse details but rather about some basics like e.g. "x Gb/s, y Mp/s, L3&4". Plus maybe some basic info on your "premium" Anti-DDOS.
    But oh well, if your "panel can't do it" ...

You see, if you want to sell something, (at least here) people expect to get some basic info. You telling us to google for information or search at a library basically translates to "thanks no, if your product doesn't deserve some basic info it certainly doesn't deserve my attention [close web page]"

The processor model is actually not specified, I have adapted the product description here, thanks for the info.

a v2 for over €5 a month? Good luck selling that ...

They say there is no discount, that is wrong there is a 5% discount on the 3 month term

Now I'm enchanted. Can I maybe even get 6% rebate if paying 5 years in advance? /sarcasm

Now the negative:
    if you focus in DDOS protection then bloody tell us some tangible and useful info!

I don't understand this question, we have put enough information in the thread, you just have to read it, we have a whole docs page for DDoS protection and how we filter attacks.

[link supposedly to some Documentation]
    [link supposedly to [whatever]]

Nope. I won't. Simple reason: you utterly failed to get me interested.
    Plus: do not basically sell DDOS protection and, oh btw, there's some kind of VPS too!

Debian only - are you joking? Your price isn't super low-end and in your price bracket customers can - and do - expect some choice.

Amazing! How about TempleOS?

Oh, I am sooo excited! I think I'll buy 10 and then look with anticipation and excitement which ones got a NVMe and which ones got a SSD. This is almost like opening xmas presents and being surprised by their content!

edited December 2023

@jsg said:

@PacketsDecreaser said:

@jsg said:
    4 GB memory
    1 IP4
    5 TB at 1 Gb/s

@PacketsDecreaser

Now the negative:

[image]

My point wasn't about diverse details but rather about some basics like e.g. "x Gb/s, y Mp/s, L3&4". Plus maybe some basic info on your "premium" Anti-DDOS.

You see, if you want to sell something, (at least here) people expect to get some basic info. You telling us to google for information or search at a library basically translates to "thanks no, if your product doesn't deserve some basic info it certainly doesn't deserve my attention [close web page]"

Now I'm enchanted. Can I maybe even get 6% rebate if paying 5 years in advance? /sarcasm

Now the negative:

Plus: do not basically sell DDOS protection and, oh btw, there's some kind of VPS too!

Oh, I am sooo excited! I think I'll buy 10 and then look with anticipation and excitement which ones got a NVMe and which ones got a SSD. This is almost like opening xmas presents and being surprised by their content!

@jsg said:

@PacketsDecreaser said:

@jsg said:
    4 GB memory
    1 IP4
    5 TB at 1 Gb/s

@PacketsDecreaser

Now the negative:

[image]

Now the negative:

The price does not result from the hardware, it results from the network/support and the special DDoS protection.

We can mitigate all types of DDoS attacks. Including Layer 3 / 4 and Layer 7
    Our prefilter advertises with 3.2 Tbits, but we do not advertise with an exact specification! Why ? Because it depends on the attack.
    We have fended off attacks with over 300 Gbits and ~ 100 Mpps.

I don't understand the problem with the storage the servers are priced on sata SSDs, if you happen to get an NVME you don't pay extra for it.

If you absolutely want an NVME, we can move the server to it, all you have to do is open a ticket.

@PacketsDecreaser said:
    The price does not result from the hardware, it results from the network/support and the special DDoS protection.

We can mitigate all types of DDoS attacks. Including Layer 3 / 4 and Layer 7
    Our prefilter advertises with 3.2 Tbits, but we do not advertise with an exact specification! Why ? Because it depends on the attack.
    We have fended off attacks with over 300 Gbits and ~ 100 Mpps.

Finally you did what I consider normal. Quite late but you did it. Thanks.

I don't understand the problem with the storage the servers are priced on sata SSDs, if you happen to get an NVME you don't pay extra for it.

If you absolutely want an NVME, we can move the server to it, all you have to do is open a ticket.

You see, this is LET and LET is mainly about servers. For us Anti-DDOS is an extra on the side, an attractive extra but still just an extra. For us the server usually is the main focus - and you yourself chose to promote a "vserver" in this thread.

When we see someone offering a server we expect some data, and the type of disk often is relevant (and often NVMe is a bit more expensive than Sata-SSD).

I have the following hopefully helpful suggestions:

• Make it an E5 v.4 based product (v2 is OK for a €2/mo box but not for a €5+) box)
    • Create a "base product" that is attractive and comes with basic Anti-DDOS
    • Make it clear that you can react flexibly to diverse Anti-DDOS needs as add-ons/product extensions, even up to fully customized solutions.

If you, as you did, offer a boring stone-age VPS for €5+ many will not understand (and/or be interested in) the fact that a major component of your high price actually is for (kind of unspecified) Anti-DDOS protection and just close this page.

From what you've (finally) laid out I think you might have a solid base on which interesting solutions can grow, but keep in mind that here, when you offer a server of any kind, most people expect to see an attractive server promo.