Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH ECO price drop
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH ECO price drop

I checked OVH eco servers and I realised that prices droppet both on KS and SYS line.
It is an interesting after Hetzner announced the contraction termination with Russian customers.

Thanked by 2rick2610 SteveMC

Comments

• I can't seem to find any difference on those prices! They updated their interface now and it's more difficult to navigate.

• Why are you surprised?
    The color of money is green. Nobody cares about the color of the money owner :)

Thanked by 1titus
  • Looking back in time with archive.org, I think I can see some differences. The 1231v3 for instance are cheaper now, I think...

• Yepp, down by 10%. So they reversed their inflation price increase. Nice move.

On the other side: not enough to replace servers as 10% reduction means 10 months needed to regain the setup fees.

Thanked by 1adns
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2023

Im not sure if you can even register as Russian citizen right now. Try to check if the country is in selection menu. If not, they have banned Russian users as well.

Existing users should be fine regardless.

• Still waiting for Oneprovider to drop prices they increased during the energy crisis

• What are the general differences between Hetzner and OVH, in terms of what products they offer, the quality of each and the comparative pricing?

• @josephf said:
    What are the general differences between Hetzner and OVH, in terms of what products they offer, the quality of each and the comparative pricing?

Both suck but they’re unbeatable.

• LeeLee Veteran

@adns said: I checked OVH eco servers and I realised that prices droppet both on KS and SYS line. It is an interesting after Hetzner announced the contraction termination with Russian customers.

OVH sent Russian clients away long before Hetzner. I remember many were complaining earlier in the year as they received an email similar to the one sent by Hetzner recently.

• Meanwhile I got an email from OVH that from october 2022 they charged me too low for one old server and will send an invoice with a surcharge :)))

• remyremy Member
    edited December 2023

@rdes said:
    Meanwhile I got an email from OVH that from october 2022 they charged me too low for one old server and will send an invoice with a surcharge :)))

It's probably bureaucracy rather than an attempt to take a few $
    That said, I've seen things change since they went public.
    I imagine they need to show a big number of new customers, even if they don't bring in much money.
    A few years ago they'd never let black Friday offers run for so long.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@remy said: A few years ago they'd never let black Friday offers run for so long.

A few years ago black friday prices were indeed much lower. I still have my KS from 2 years ago. The one from last year they autocancelled.

• remyremy Member
    edited December 2023

@Maounique said:

@remy said: A few years ago they'd never let black Friday offers run for so long.

A few years ago black friday prices were indeed much lower. I still have my KS from 2 years ago. The one from last year they autocancelled.

Yes, it's true that prices aren't as attractive as they used to be.
    But there aren't too many competitors in this price range today.

Don't you work at prometeus? Or at least founded the company
    Isn't there room for your server rather than renting a kimsufi? :p

• @remy said:

@Maounique said:

Yes, it's true that prices aren't as attractive as they used to be.
    But there aren't too many competitors in this price range today.

Don't you work at prometeus? Or at least founded the company
    Isn't there room for your server rather than renting a kimsufi? :p

He's spying on OVH, his competiton

Thanked by 1remy
  • I've looked again at archive.org
    Before, something like the KS-10 with the e3-1231v3 was 32.99€. Now it's 22.99€.

For SoYouStart, they have reduced as well. And the SYS-3-xxx-32 are now the same price as the SYS-2-xxx-32.

I think they might be rejuvenating their lineup, I suspect they will get rid of the older server options and replace with the less old ones, while keeping the same price, or something like that. So SYS-3-xxx will be the new SYS-2-xxx, and maybe SYS-2-xxx will end up in the Kimsufi lineup?

Thanked by 1loay
  • @fredo1664 said:
    I've looked again at archive.org
    Before, something like the KS-10 with the e3-1231v3 was 32.99€. Now it's 22.99€.

For SoYouStart, they have reduced as well. And the SYS-3-xxx-32 are now the same price as the SYS-2-xxx-32.

I think they might be rejuvenating their lineup, I suspect they will get rid of the older server options and replace with the less old ones, while keeping the same price, or something like that. So SYS-3-xxx will be the new SYS-2-xxx, and maybe SYS-2-xxx will end up in the Kimsufi lineup?

It might be possible. Someone from OVH mentioned an eco update at the end of September in a thread on LET.
    Interesting that SYS-4s has 500 Mbps BW. I would be happy if OVH increases BW on SYS and KS line but I think that it is not more than a dream...

• First time I see price reduction. Greed was chained down? Unbelievable!

• It might be possible. Someone from OVH mentioned an eco update at the end of September in a thread on LET.
    Interesting that SYS-4s has 500 Mbps BW. I would be happy if OVH increases BW on SYS and KS line but I think that it is not more than a dream...

The website seems to be saying that the SYS-4s have 250Mbps BW?
    SYS-5s though have 500Mbps advertised.

• Just noticed the price changes too. Lot of configurations for the same price.

In spite of new prices, I hope that the New Year deals will squeeze them a bit more :smile: