Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

40-50TB EU Storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

40-50TB EU Storage

Hi LET!

I'm looking for 40-50TB cheap Storage in EU. It should obviously have enough ressources to handle decent write/read speeds, other than that I don't require any RAM/CPU or even SSH access.

Type: VPS/Box
Storage: 40-50TB HDD
Location: Germany preferred, EU is okay if speed can be tested beforehand
Port Speed: As much as you can. A somewhat guaranteed minimum read/outgoing speed of around 100MBit/s would be appreciated
Other requirements: Mountable via rclone

If it is cheaper I'm fine with the storage being split in up two 3 VPS/boxes.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Wouldn't a Hetzner auction box be a fit for you? We use those boxes for offsite backups, where the per TB cost can easily get under 0.50 EUR.

Hint: if you are looking to get a slice with us, just shout. We're not at LET to get rich after all :)

Thanked by 1pcjones
  • pcjonespcjones Member
    edited December 2023

@RickBakkr said:
    Wouldn't a Hetzner auction box be a fit for you? We use those boxes for offsite backups, where the per TB cost can easily get under 0.50 EUR.

Hint: if you are looking to get a slice with us, just shout. We're not at LET to get rich after all :)

~~How do you get to 0.50 €/TB? The cheapest offer I can find are 20TB for 48€, so 2.4 € / TB.
    The biggest problem with Hetzner storage boxes are that their speeds are really hit and miss though. Depending on the node you end on up, on some you are averaging below 30MBit/s with even lower minimum speeds.~~
    edit: I misread and thought you said storage box, not auction box.

I couldn't find any storage offers on your website, but of course I would be interested! Please consider yourself kindly shouted at :)

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@pcjones said:

@RickBakkr said:

~How do you get to 0.50 €/TB? The cheapest offer I can find are 20TB for 48€, so 2.4 € / TB.
    The biggest problem with Hetzner storage boxes are that their speeds are really hit and miss though. Depending on the node you end on up, on some you are averaging below 30MBit/s with even lower minimum speeds.~
    edit: I misread and thought you said storage box, not auction box.

I was indeed not after their 'storage box', but after their bare metal. Push an auction server into a raid configuration, and you get quite a lot of net storage.

I couldn't find any storage offers on your website, but of course I would be interested! Please consider yourself kindly shouted at :)

Let me write you in DM :-)

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited December 2023

@RickBakkr said:

What auction box are you talking about?
    I have 2x 100TB dedi from Hetzner, each for 98euro and they were cheapest by TB by far, now theyre 150euros at minimum.
    I cannot even see any 1TB/1euro offer in 2023, let alone half of that money.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello it's possible give you

50 tb hdd raid 6
    3 dedicated cpu
    200 mbit port speed
    Romania location, eu
    3 gb ram
    Ignore dmca
    69 euro /month

Write me in pm ig you are interested

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • pcjonespcjones Member
    edited December 2023

@AXYZE said:

@RickBakkr said:

I have 2x 100TB dedi from Hetzner, each for 98euro and they were cheapest by TB by far, now theyre 150euros at minimum.

Yeah I agree, I had many looks at their auctions (starting 6 months ago) but I never found anything close to even 1TB/1€. I'd have bought it right away :D

• @Calin said:
    Hello it's possible give you

50 tb hdd raid 6
    3 dedicated cpu
    200 mbit port speed
    Romania location, eu
    3 gb ram
    Ignore dmca
    69 euro /month

Write me in pm ig you are interested

That port speed upload is 1Mbps until you move to colo so perhaps include that in the sales pitch

Thanked by 1host_c
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

What about 48 TB for only $59/mo? Dedicated server offer in USA if you can consider this location too:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3819139#Comment_3819139

Thanked by 1Patriarch
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited December 2023

@pcjones said:

@AXYZE said:

@RickBakkr said:

Yeah I agree, I had many looks at their auctions (starting 6 months ago) but I never found anything close to even 1TB/1€. I'd have bought it right away :D

I watch their auctions from 2021. From March 2023 I didnt saw anything close to 1euro/TB. In 2022 there were many of them (and I ordered two), but never as low as half euro/dollar per TB. Maybe Im missing something.

Thanked by 1pcjones
  • @AXYZE said:

@pcjones said:

@AXYZE said:

@RickBakkr said:

I watch their auctions from 2021. From March 2023 I didnt saw anything close to 1euro/TB. In 2022 there were many of them (and I ordered two), but never as low as half euro/dollar per TB. Maybe Im missing something.

Blame the resellers that ate up all the good deals. I have a super old auction box I picked up @ €1.1/TB usable RAID0

Wish I had picked up more, but at the time I wasn’t such a hoarder.

• @mikewazar said:

@AXYZE said:

@pcjones said:

@AXYZE said:

@RickBakkr said:

Blame the resellers that ate up all the good deals. I have a super old auction box I picked up @ €1.1/TB usable RAID0

I have 2x 100TBs that are slightly below 1euro/TB, but I never saw "per TB cost can easily get under 0.50 EUR." to which Im replying to. Curious to know how I could easily get such price.

• @AXYZE said:

@mikewazar said:

@AXYZE said:

@pcjones said:

@AXYZE said:

@RickBakkr said:

I have 2x 100TBs that are slightly below 1euro/TB, but I never saw "per TB cost can easily get under 0.50 EUR." to which Im replying to. Curious to know how I could easily get such price.

Oh yeah not even a Romanian basement DC will get you half a euro/TB of hot storage lmfao

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

have to take 2x 32TB but close to what you are looking for:
    https://pulsedmedia.com/storage-boxes.php

Tho, since you need performance i would spread that out OR get something else than storage only offer.

• @mikewazar said:

@AXYZE said:

@pcjones said:

@AXYZE said:

@RickBakkr said:

Yep, they all got eaten up by resellers :(

• @RickBakkr said:

So you baited me with “easily under 0.50EUR”

Asked me to make an account on your billing portal to get my details, then to open a ticket for your colleague to handle to which he responded:

“ Hi Mike,

I am sorry for the late reply. I had to discuss this with Rick, as this is not a standard solution and I am not that technical ... :-)

We can offer you a VM on one of our Hetzner machines at 50 EUR per month, for 40 TB of storage, 4 cores and 4GB of RAM. Cost would be 1.25 EUR per TB.

@mikewazar said:

I’ll be sending in my request for my personal/billing data to be purged from your database later. Poor form flexing and then fumbled.

• @pcjones said:
    Hi LET!

I'm looking for 40-50TB cheap Storage in EU. It should obviously have enough ressources to handle decent write/read speeds, other than that I don't require any RAM/CPU or even SSH access.

Type: VPS/Box
    Storage: 40-50TB HDD
    Location: Germany preferred, EU is okay if speed can be tested beforehand
    Port Speed: As much as you can. A somewhat guaranteed minimum read/outgoing speed of around 100MBit/s would be appreciated
    Other requirements: Mountable via rclone

If it is cheaper I'm fine with the storage being split in up two 3 VPS/boxes.

Thanks in advance :)

I have a 12TB HDD VPS available, just one . Would that be ok?

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@pcjones

If you can live with a 4c Xeon V2, 4G ram, 40 TB on HW RAID 6, internet @ 100 Mbps - not more, not even with 1 Byte :smiley: , we can do a 45 USD / MO. We have some space left in our Backup Location.

PM me, we can set up a test VPS for you.