Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dumb question, ipv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dumb question, ipv6

Hey everyone,

I have a question about IPv6 that might sound a bit silly. I've been purchasing these IPv6 proxies from a provider. Here's what they look like:

94.131.7.1:22000
94.131.7.1:22001
94.131.7.1:22002
94.131.7.1:22003
94.131.7.1:22004
94.131.7.1:22005

I have thousands of them, all with the same IP but different ports. It costs me $15 a month, and I use them to solve Google Recaptcha.

Since I don't have much knowledge about servers, I have some questions regarding IPv6.

1) If I purchase a server, how can I generate these proxies myself?

2) Does generating proxies go against the server provider's TOS?

3) How can I ensure that the server provider supports IPv6 generation?

Comments

• @malcommerlyn said:
    Hey everyone,

I have a question about IPv6 that might sound a bit silly. I've been purchasing these IPv6 proxies from a provider. Here's what they look like:

These are not IPV6

• Time to settle in with some popcorn.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@Carlin0 said:

@malcommerlyn said:
    Hey everyone,

These are not IPV6

That doesn't necessarily mean that the other end isn't IPv6.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@malcommerlyn said: 1) If I purchase a server, how can I generate these proxies myself?

• Get server with sufficiently large IPv6 block (at least /64, for scraping and other questionable activities smaller prefix is better, like /56, /48 etc)
    • bind the entire block to your server (search online for "anyip linux")
    • curl --interface fdXY:ZABC:DEF::1 https://example.com, where fdXY:ZABC:DEF::1 is random IPv6 address from your server's block

Ask specific provider about your usage acceptance

Use only servers from competent providers who provide routed IPv6 blocks, otherwise you may fill switch table and make everyone sad

• @tentor said:

@malcommerlyn said: 1) If I purchase a server, how can I generate these proxies myself?

• Get server with sufficiently large IPv6 block (at least /64, for scraping and other questionable activities smaller prefix is better, like /56, /48 etc)
    • bind the entire block to your server (search online for "anyip linux")
    • curl --interface fdXY:ZABC:DEF::1 https://example.com, where fdXY:ZABC:DEF::1 is random IPv6 address from your server's block

Ask specific provider about your usage acceptance

Use only servers from competent providers who provide routed IPv6 blocks, otherwise you may fill switch table and make everyone sad

Thank you but i might need a step-by-step tutorial.

Do you think this works?

https://github.com/Sadzurami/tunnelbroker-proxies/tree/main

• vivucloudvivucloud Member
    edited December 2023

1.With $0.5 and VPS rental you can create 2000 IPv6 proxies here: https://taoproxy.com/
    Note that the website displays only Vietnamese.
    2. Depends on the terms of each provider, but if the proxy is for personal use and not public, the provider can ignore it as is the case with vultr.
    3. Make sure your VPSs support the IPv6 subnets /80, /64, /48. You can find this using the provider's publicly available configuration information or ask them directly.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@tentor said: for scraping and other questionable activities smaller prefix is better

If a nazi dictator comes to you asking how to build a gas chamber, would you also reply with step-by-step instructions? Are you some unmoderated clone of ChatGPT? Why explain people how to better pollute and ruin the Internet?

• @rm_ said:

@tentor said: for scraping and other questionable activities smaller prefix is better

If a nazi dictator comes to you asking how to build a gas chamber, would you also reply with step-by-step instructions? Are you some unmoderated clone of ChatGPT? Why explain people how to better pollute and ruin the Internet?

Thanked by 2tentor shruub

@rm_ said:
    explain people how to better pollute and ruin the Internet

As an AI I cannot explain, but here you go:

1. register in tiktok
    2. start uploading crappy shorts
    Thanked by 1loay
    edited December 2023

@sillycat Yes this is my reaction from trying to use my VPS as VPN, to escape my country's repressive censorship, and getting all sorts of CAPTCHAs and shit from sites, due to the neighbors in the same DC/provider/rack using their VPSes and dedis to do scanning and scraping and solving with these "IPv6 proxies". Let's explain how to set them up and make it easier, so that every DC IP range is polluted like this.

Thanks I'm glad that you understand.

Thanked by 2xms DanSummer
  • @rm_ said: getting all sorts of CAPTCHAs and shit from sites, due to the neighbors in the same DC/provider/rack using their VPSes and dedis to do scanning and scraping and solving with these "IPv6 proxies"

Don't blame your neighbors; blame the website. Most websites display CAPTCHAs to any datacenter IP.

Thanked by 2tentor shruub
    edited December 2023

@sillycat said: Most websites display CAPTCHAs to any datacenter IP.

Cause and effect: they do that because of the usage in question from DC IPs. And no it's not "any", for example OVH is very notorious for getting captchas everywhere, but now I got a lesser known NL hoster, and don't see it anymore.

@rm_ I find your argument extremely weak for a reason - given that DC IPs are already blocked, at least of well known providers:

1. What will my message change globally? Only raise awareness by explaining how this works for a general public;
    2. All major scrapers are paying for residential IP addresses just to circumvent captchas and other protection layers.

Furthermore, I am horrified about your "nazification" - the only appropriate place for such discourse is this offtopic thread.

edited December 2023

@tentor said: Furthermore, I am horrified

People, myself included, suffer because of what he does -- and you help him. Sorry for the most direct comparison that came to mind. How about some others:

How to poison my neighbors cat? Which alcohol to buy for a kid? How to steal books from a library? How to use public transit without paying and not get caught? I'm sure you are a very kind person who would offer your assistance in all of these cases. To raise awareness or something. While meticulously clicking thankies on all the dumb memes and all the "everyone does it anyway" that you happen to find in your justification.

Thanked by 1xms

@rm_ said: People, myself included, suffer because of what he does -- and you help him.

Given the IPv6 adoption percentage globally, I highly doubt that.

• @rm_ said:
    @sillycat Yes this is my reaction from trying to use my VPS as VPN, to escape my country's repressive censorship.

So you want to escape your goverment censorship, and also want to censor knowledge for others? Any piece of knowledge can be use for either good or bad.

Thanked by 2sillycat tentor
  • @rm_ said:

@tentor said: Furthermore, I am horrified

People, myself included, suffer because of what he does -- and you help him. Sorry for the most direct comparison that came to mind. How about some others:

How to poison my neighbors cat? Which alcohol to buy for a kid? How to steal books from a library? How to use public transit without paying and not get caught? I'm sure you are a very kind person who would offer your assistance in all of these cases. To raise awareness or something. While meticulously clicking thankies on all the dumb memes and all the "everyone does it anyway" that you happen to find in your justification.

Stop overreacting.

Thanked by 2sillycat tentor
  • @hades_corps said: So you want to escape your goverment censorship, and also want to censor knowledge for others?

Knowledge of how to abuse via IPv6? Yeah, let's help them! 'Cuz knowledge...

Thanked by 2rm_ DanSummer
  • @Mumbly said:

@hades_corps said: So you want to escape your goverment censorship, and also want to censor knowledge for others?

Knowledge of how to abuse via IPv6? Yeah, let's help them! 'Cuz knowledge...

Did you just remove half of my comment to make your half-baked point valid?

News flash: Most advanments we have has been used for wars first. The same machines, and knowledge to run them, used make your cars, bike,... also make guns, bulets, and whatnot.

Censoring only make the problem worst, it's the shield/spear problem that exist ways before human. Randomize IPv6 can help with privacy/security but also help OP. Search engines also craws sites content. The same oven gas chambers are also used to anneal metal (making them more durable).

• Well, he did say it was a dumb question XD

• @hades_corps said: Did you just remove half of my comment to make your half-baked point valid?

No, I did not. My point is in the context of this thread where is purpose clearly stated and it's not for "educational" purposes.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@rm_ said:
    How to poison my neighbors cat? Which alcohol to buy for a kid? How to steal books from a library? How to use public transit without paying and not get caught?

How to eat a cake and have it too?
    How to run a pubic tracker?
    How to start a thermal nuclear war?
    How to steal a starship?

edited December 2023

@yoursunny said:

@rm_ said:
    How to poison my neighbors cat? Which alcohol to buy for a kid? How to steal books from a library? How to use public transit without paying and not get caught?

How to eat a cake and have it too?
    How to run a pubic tracker?
    How to start a thermal nuclear war?
    How to steal a starship?

How to start seedbox selling business?

• @thane said:
    Well, he did say it was a dumb question XD

Actually, it is not a dumb question.

If you were to visit VW HQ and ask how the engine works, it might seem silly to the employees there, but they would be able to explain it to you in great detail that no one else could provide.

On the other hand, if you were to ask how an engine works in a physics class, the teacher would provide you with an answer, but it would likely be more generic and less specific compared to what you would hear at VW HQ.

This is the perfect place to get a highly detailed answer because there are people here who own hosting companies. Also, I could have received a legal answer regarding its legality. Btw, why wouldn't it be ?

However, apart from a few individuals, most people end up arguing over nonsense.

And, whoever thinks that solving IPv6 is a way to abuse the internet, let me enlighten you, my dear smartass. Everything you see achieved by individuals who have cracked algorithms and made them accessible to you.

And big corporations couldn't care less about your personal preferences when they bombard you with images of naked women round the clock.

Everyone in this world is here to make money, so stop believing that corporations exist to provide you with the lovely content you want to watch for charitable reasons. You've been deceived your whole life, sweetheart.

Take a look at this website; it's filled with thousands of ads from hosting providers. Do you think it's fair? Why? Just because they paid the money? Is it guaranteed that you'll get what you pay for? Nope. They simply paid the money and rented the ad space.

Life is meant to be fair, right?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • malcommerlynmalcommerlyn Member
    edited December 2023

and thank you @tentor @vivucloud

This repo works fantastically well.
    https://github.com/Sadzurami/tunnelbroker-proxies/tree/main

Time to find some cheap Linux machines.

• @Mumbly said:

@hades_corps said: Did you just remove half of my comment to make your half-baked point valid?

No, I did not. My point is in the context of this thread where is purpose clearly stated and it's not for "educational" purposes.

True! Sorry I misunderstood. However, what would be the point of being so hostile to him (and others right here on LET)?

As far as I know, while his intention is bad, it's not like it's illegal at most places on Earth!?
    Being so hostile just gonna push him to find answers in worst places. He asked here and upfront about what he is trying to do so probably not seasoned criminal yet. Push him the other way just might!

And since there are many here so quickly at throwing buzz words around: my friends used to goes to those rallies where they shout at people they deemed alt-right and all that. But they stopped after I pointed out acting such only make them right about you. Civil conversations should be first choice.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited December 2023

@hades_corps said: Civil conversations should be first choice.

But if you re-read my short comment above again, you may notice that I wasn't rude, offensive or anything like that. I just expressed my opinion about censoring knowledge related to this specific thread.

I also understand @rm_'s (who have used IPv6 since ancient times) concerns regarding the abuse of whole subnets. He can't stop that, but he can express his concerns and disagreement at least.

Thanked by 1rm_

@Mumbly said:

@hades_corps said: Civil conversations should be first choice.

But if you re-read my short comment above again, you may notice that I wasn't rude, offensive or anything like that. I just expressed my opinion about censoring knowledge related to this specific thread.

I also understand @rm_'s (who have used IPv6 since ancient times) concerns regarding the abuse of whole subnets. He can't stop that, but he can express his concerns and disagreement at least.

Almost anything can be abused. The only real solution is to report and process abuse cases. I have heard lots of cases when entire IPv4 blocks are banned by Google, and guess what? This is only because the ISP (or whomever was mentioned in abuse-c/abuse-mailbox) ignored Google's letters!

Furthermore, I don't understand why there are still providers who provide ridiculously small blocks like /112 or even /128). And in that cases slightest abuse by neighborhood will cause severe damage across the same /64 IPv6 block, and this is a real issue!

• @malcommerlyn said: Time to find some cheap Linux machines.

You should sign up with @tentor, he provides vps and should be able to hold your hand when you mess up his network :)