Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apart from GreenCloud, who else provides VPS/VDS/Dedi in Vietnam?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apart from GreenCloud, who else provides VPS/VDS/Dedi in Vietnam?

Long story short: We are partnering with a company in Vietnam and we need to take their infrastructure out of AWS since it is eating through their bank account. So we'll need some "edge servers" for caching their apps. At least 1 in Hanoi and 1 in Saigon. And probably a big storage one for DB and archives, depends on how good guaranteed international speed of those edge servers this might be in VN or SG.

I am already using Greencloud in another location and will be testing their offers in VN this week.

When we know more details I will have more definitive specs. As of right now, I would like to know the general options. Especially their allowed burst speed, and guaranteed speed. My main concern is network speed both local and international (mainly APAC) since historically it is "a bit" sketchy.

I am open to colo as well but so far Google tells me most offers have network speed of ~200/5Mbps without any further details so I'll be happy if other hosts can give me better.

I prefer international companies with more than just one location. :)

Thanked by 1pluto

Comments

• Well, GreenCloud had some competitors within Vietnam itself. I don't remember the names, but I found some providers with Vietnamese language website.

Try Google: "kvm vps site:.vn"

Thanked by 1hades_corps
  • @Dazzle said:
    Well, GreenCloud had some competitors within Vietnam itself. I don't remember the names, but I found some providers with Vietnamese language website.

Try Google: "kvm vps site:.vn"

I found local companies but their offers are terrible. Network in particular. So I am hoping to use GreenCloud + another company with similarly good network offering.

• Try Lightnode

Thanked by 1hades_corps
  • edited December 2023

I think many solid networks in sg work with @trewq
    You may need to check with him

Thanked by 1hades_corps
  • Struggling to find reliable providers in Vietnam, I've chosen to host in Singapore. You can find numerous VPS providers offering a 1GBps network, rivaling local quality at a better price.

Thanked by 1hades_corps
  • GreenCloudVPS VN VPS doesn't have latest CPU. You also want international network then I don't think any VN provider can guarantee that. It is better to select a Hong Kong or Singapore so you have more alternative providers.

Thanked by 1hades_corps
  • I vaguely remember vinahost had kind of a reputation ;)

Thanked by 1hades_corps
  • @Doo said:
    Try Lightnode

Thanks. I totally forgotten that they also operate in VN.

@anrikaz said:
    Struggling to find reliable providers in Vietnam, I've chosen to host in Singapore. You can find numerous VPS providers offering a 1GBps network, rivaling local quality at a better price.

That's the thing! While expensive, SG is a much better location. However in this case we need cache servers locally so that our partner's apps work better! I'll be happy if anyone can provide local speed that fit for 21st century.

@quanhua92 said:
    GreenCloudVPS VN VPS doesn't have latest CPU. You also want international network then I don't think any VN provider can guarantee that. It is better to select a Hong Kong or Singapore so you have more alternative providers.

I just want better local speed. So far GreenCloud looked like the best option.
    Everyone else give me quote of ~100/5Mbps local link in 2023? Come to think of it, I received quotes for similar specs 15 years ago. Weirdly, I can get better speed if I host on-premise instead but it'll be another kind of headache.

@totally_not_banned said:
    I vaguely remember vinahost had kind of a reputation ;)

Do you means drama #138'890'890 or #800'385'758?

/J

On a serious note. I have not been here that long so is there any specific drama thread that you referred?

• @hades_corps said:
    Do you means drama #138'890'890 or #800'385'758?

Not really. Their reputation rather resolves around being pretty good at ignoring very much anything you throw at them.