Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBrr | DecemBRR - Storage from €1.6/TB/Month - 500GB/1TB Intel I9-12900K only €5/€8 - 5950X Deals - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBrr | DecemBRR - Storage from €1.6/TB/Month - 500GB/1TB Intel I9-12900K only €5/€8 - 5950X Deals

Comments

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@Pixels said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@labze said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    I don't understand why there is a bandwidth limit if Hetzner server come standard without bandwidth limit. :p

Because there is still a port limit :-) If I offered unlimited bandwidth a few users would use 500 Mbps+ consistently then the remaining clients would open tickets complaining about low network speed. The limits are there to ensure decent network performance for all clients.

This does not really make sense because I can still use the line maximum till I hit my limit so in this time other users will have bad performance right ?

Yes, but my guess is that that is less likely to happen if there's a somewhat limited bandwidth allocation. Or at least not as prolonged.

Regarding the bandwitdh limit, there seems to be a "non written" hard cap of about 250 TB on Hetzner boxes, so you cant really blast the Gigabit pipe 24/7. This was discussed on LET some time ago.

Then you send your clients that have this kind of behavior a abuse email and warn them or limit.there port speed, but I doubt what you are saying, pumped alot of traffic trough Hetzner never had any warning been customer for around 6 years.

Just for reference this is the thread I was talking about:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/180504/hetzner-traffic-use-notice-unlimited-unlimited

Whether this is an isolated case or not, I can't say for sure. But looks like Hetzner reps didn't want to join conversation.

Maybe @labze has some special contract with them.

• @Pixels said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@Pixels said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@labze said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    I don't understand why there is a bandwidth limit if Hetzner server come standard without bandwidth limit. :p

Because there is still a port limit :-) If I offered unlimited bandwidth a few users would use 500 Mbps+ consistently then the remaining clients would open tickets complaining about low network speed. The limits are there to ensure decent network performance for all clients.

This does not really make sense because I can still use the line maximum till I hit my limit so in this time other users will have bad performance right ?

Yes, but my guess is that that is less likely to happen if there's a somewhat limited bandwidth allocation. Or at least not as prolonged.

Regarding the bandwitdh limit, there seems to be a "non written" hard cap of about 250 TB on Hetzner boxes, so you cant really blast the Gigabit pipe 24/7. This was discussed on LET some time ago.

Then you send your clients that have this kind of behavior a abuse email and warn them or limit.there port speed, but I doubt what you are saying, pumped alot of traffic trough Hetzner never had any warning been customer for around 6 years.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/180504/hetzner-traffic-use-notice-unlimited-unlimited

Whether this is an isolated case or not, I can't say for sure. But looks like Hetzner reps didn't want to join conversation.

They changed the datacap this year to unlimited this tread is from 2022.

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@Pixels said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@Pixels said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@labze said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

They changed the datacap this year to unlimited this tread is from 2022.

Didn't know that. It wasn't specified before either, though.

Thanks for the information and big kudos to HostBrr for their excellent price to performance ratio.

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@WhiteRoseG said:

@labze said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

Sure, and that happens. But this will resolve itself due to the bandwidth limit. Most people don't want to use their bandwidth caps in a few days and be limited the remaining time, so they pace their usage.

I have had two promos with unmetered bandwidth and that has largely gone okay, but I still do not like policing peoples usage, nor do I like arbitary usage limits for clients. What it would lead to is everytime there is a prolonged bandwidth congestion I'd both have to look up the offending clients and limit them solely based on a some metric that to them is not clearly defined and enforced, as it would only be handled at times others were affected - and how is that visible to the client?

Just to end this train of though. Bandwidth is unmetered anyway since breaking the bandwidth cap just results in a 50 Mbps bandwidth limit. If clients has a decent use case for additional bandwidth we can look into that on a case by case basis.

@WhiteRoseG said:

@Pixels said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@labze said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

I believe the issues with people getting limited with Hetzner is people buying the cheapest auction servers then use 300 TB+ of bandwidth monthly. I don't have any servers with HostBrr that reaches that amount but I do on unrelated servers and never had any issues.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • @labze said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@labze said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

Sure, and that happens. But this will resolve itself due to the bandwidth limit. Most people don't want to use their bandwidth caps in a few days and be limited the remaining time, so they pace their usage.

I have had two promos with unmetered bandwidth and that has largely gone okay, but I still do not like policing peoples usage, nor do I like arbitary usage limits for clients. What it would lead to is everytime there is a prolonged bandwidth congestion I'd both have to look up the offending clients and limit them solely based on a some metric that to them is not clearly defined and enforced, as it would only be handled at times others were affected - and how is that visible to the client?

Just to end this train of though. Bandwidth is unmetered anyway since breaking the bandwidth cap just results in a 50 Mbps bandwidth limit. If clients has a decent use case for additional bandwidth we can look into that on a case by case basis.

@WhiteRoseG said:

@Pixels said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@labze said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

I believe the issues with people getting limited with Hetzner is people buying the cheapest auction servers then use 300 TB+ of bandwidth monthly. I don't have any servers with HostBrr that reaches that amount but I do on unrelated servers and never had any issues.

I don't think they limiti anymore before it was fair use now it's unlimited

• Invoice #: 11337

Thanks for the great service.

All upgrade should be processed by the end of tomorrow. I have been slow to handle this due to busy holidays

Thanked by 2roshan91 nyamenk
  • @WhiteRoseG said: I don't think they limiti anymore before it was fair use now it's unlimited

Bro, don't mess with people's sales offers/threads.
    He/They want to make money from it not to satisfy your arguing ego.
    The most important thing is that none of his clients complained about it.
    In fact I doubt if you are one of his clients.

Thanked by 2JasonM roshan91
  • rmy87645rmy87645 Member
    edited December 2023

invoice#15934

great price great service

@MichS said:
    Invoice #: 15697
    Thank you

@Lwwwni said:
    Invoice #: 15700
    Thanks

@bcororo said:
    Invoice #15699

Thanks.

@dahyuk0413 said:
    Invoice #: 15708
    New customer here, just got a 6tb one

@n1ghtm4r3x said:
    Invoice #: 15704
    Thanks

Upgrades applied

@amaeva080 said:
    Invoice # 15734
    Please handle @labze
    Thank you.

@1allen said:
    Hi!
    Happy to receive anotheBRR service here! :-)
    Invoice #15733

Thanks!

@mikewazar said:
    Another one #15757

B)

@JackieChan said:
    @labze
    Invoice #: 15737

Thanks!

@dedicados said:
    hi, invoice 15784

thanks

@rennet said:
    Invoice #15794

Thanks.

@roshan91 said:
    Invoice #:15788

@lurch said:
    new customer invoice 15839

Also all the link in your activation emails etc go to http instead of https?

Invoice #: 15839
    This invoice has already been paid, so no payment is necessary for this one, but your account may have other balances. To login to your account, please visit http://my.hostbrr.com/client/

@lowidowo said:
    Invoice #: 15875

Thanks

@tomg777 said:
    Gave myself a nice Christmas present :)
    Invoice #: 15903

@pioneer said:
    Invoice #: 15922

Thanks

Thanked by 2tomg777 roshan91

@rmy87645 said:
    invoice#15934

great price great service

• @labze said:

Hot

Think most if not all orders should be handled now. Reach out if I missed you.

Some people have posted quite old orders and unrelated offers to this thread where the upgrades unfortunately do not apply.

Thanked by 11allen
  • Invoice #: 15995

Finland storage restocked

@Moopah said:
    Invoice #: 15995

Extras applied :-)

• @labze said:

Hybrid Storage 2TB Finland-not 2.5TB now?

@Ech0 said:

@labze said:

Hybrid Storage 2TB Finland-not 2.5TB now?

That would be a mistake if your service were provisioned with 2 TB.

• invoice#16028
    Thanks

• IPv4 NAT Storage Deals
    €4/month
    €11/quarterly

i want purchase this but it's out of stock,will it com back?

• Invoice: 16060
    Thanks 🙏

@LuckyJinx said:
    IPv4 NAT Storage Deals
    €4/month
    €11/quarterly

Restocked

• Restocked

https://my.hostbrr.com/order/config/index/DecemBRR/?group_id=55&pricing_id=903&currency=EUR

Some items have been removed from your cart because of package restrictions

• @labze said:

@LuckyJinx said:
    IPv4 NAT Storage Deals
    €4/month
    €11/quarterly

Restocked

oh the finland restocked i just found it,but i mean what about the germany

• @labze said:

@LuckyJinx said:
    IPv4 NAT Storage Deals
    €4/month
    €11/quarterly

Restocked

Hello? Invoice#16060, thanks.

• Invoice #16107

Thank you

• Invoice 15901

@nb7878121 said:
    invoice#16028
    Thanks

@FrankRuan said:
    Invoice: 16060
    Thanks 🙏

@gemini90 said:
    Invoice #16107

Thank you

@RisingFog said:
    Invoice 15901

Extras applied!

@LuckyJinx said:

@labze said:

@LuckyJinx said:
    IPv4 NAT Storage Deals
    €4/month
    €11/quarterly

Restocked

oh the finland restocked i just found it,but i mean what about the germany

A few more in stock now :-)