Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any image host with free API for commercial purposes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any image host with free API for commercial purposes?

noob404noob404 Member
edited December 2023 in Help

Hi,
I am trying to incorporate an image host with my new website where people can upload their images and they would show up with ads, making it commercial (most hosts consider that commercial).
Anyways, I am looking for a free image host with API that also allows usage for commercial (the above explained) purposes.
Do you guys own any and know of any?
Have contacted freeimage.host and imgbb.com for clarity, but, yet to receive response.

Or, if you guys have any ideas, except hosting images on my own (can't afford storage, and shared hosting isn't the best choice for it), please share them.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

UPDATE - Before some other guy with unlimited access to daddy's credit card calls me "entitled" again, when I said commercial, I mean, the user would be doing their own uploads using their own API tokens to upload. And, each image will be given proper attributes pointing to the host.
Now, the confusion arises with the term - "commercial," which has slightly different meanings for every host. I am trying to show ads with the images, which makes it explicitly "commercial" for imgur, but, many other hosts don't say that explicitly.

Again, not everyone is born with a silver spoon. So, if my query irritates you in any way, just don't leave a comment. The best you can do is, not help. Thank you.

Comments

• "free" and "commercial" doesn't go well together lol, just how entitled are you?

it's not like you're also elaborate on what kind of image are you hosting at there, and how you will manage them in case abuse happened right? there are no free lunch.

if you can't even afford storage and slap some free cdn in front of it, just don't pretend you're running a commercial service. you're just a kid playing house, and just stay in your safe box inside your LAN instead.

pomf clones are self-host-able and they have API, they fit in openvz+NAT vps, I'm not even sure why you are even having difficulty with it.

• @ScreenReader said:
    "free" and "commercial" doesn't go well together lol, just how entitled are you?

it's not like you're also elaborate on what kind of image are you hosting at there, and how you will manage them in case abuse happened right? there are no free lunch.

if you can't even afford storage and slap some free cdn in front of it, just don't pretend you're running a commercial service. you're just a kid playing house, and just stay in your safe box inside your LAN instead.

pomf clones are self-host-able and they have API, they fit in openvz+NAT vps, I'm not even sure why you are even having difficulty with it.

Calm down. You are behaving as if I asked you your kidneys for free. Understand the question again. If you don't, just ask. Stop being a know-it-all prick.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited December 2023

Try this, it's just like ImgBB.

https://im.ge

Thanked by 2noob404 imgmoney
  • @noob404 said:

@ScreenReader said:
    "free" and "commercial" doesn't go well together lol, just how entitled are you?

Calm down. You are behaving as if I asked you your kidneys for free. Understand the question again. If you don't, just ask. Stop being a know-it-all prick.

yes, update your thread with your detailed request you entitled twat. you can't even figure out your own problem lmao

• @ScreenReader said:

@noob404 said:

@ScreenReader said:

yes, update your thread with your detailed request you entitled twat. you can't even figure out your own problem lmao

Yah, that's what forums are for, you, spoiled brat. Take daddy's credit card and start your drama elsewhere.

• @febryanvaldo said:
    Try this, it's just like ImgBB.

https://im.ge

Exactly what I was looking for. Went through their ToS. Nothing against commercial usage. Thanks a lot for this. They also have an API.

• @noob404 said:

@ScreenReader said:

@noob404 said:

@ScreenReader said:

Yah, that's what forums are for, you, spoiled brat. Take daddy's credit card and start your drama elsewhere.

hurr durr i can't afford yellow chicken $7
    as i already mentioned before,
    https://github.com/pomf/pomf (try to read the forks too you illiterate)
    or implement it on your own from anonfile legends. https://github.com/nstrydom2/anonfile-api/blob/master/src/anonfile/anonfile.py

nobody will make a solution for your niche needs for free. this forum jannies might though

• @ScreenReader said:

@noob404 said:

@ScreenReader said:

@noob404 said:

@ScreenReader said:

or implement it on your own from anonfile legends. https://github.com/nstrydom2/anonfile-api/blob/master/src/anonfile/anonfile.py

nobody will make a solution for your niche needs for free. this forum jannies might though

OK, maybe read the earlier comments, you uneducated twat living in your daddy's basement. A useful member, who isn't looking to create drama out of everything, like you, has already helped me out. Now, go wash your daddy's car before he takes away your credit card access.

• @noob404 said:

@ScreenReader said:

@noob404 said:

@ScreenReader said:

@noob404 said:

@ScreenReader said:

OK, maybe read the earlier comments, you uneducated twat living in your daddy's basement. A useful member, who isn't looking to create drama out of everything, like you, has already helped me out. Now, go wash your daddy's car before he takes away your credit card access.

uh-huh sure, whatever helps you sleep bud

• PineappleMPineappleM Member
    edited December 2023

Is a storage server to host the images out of your budget? You can find 2 TB storage servers for $6/mo or less. How many images do you plan on uploading/what sizes are they typically?

You can certainly try to use a third party image site with their API for free and see how long it lasts before they find out and [if they so choose] cut your access. If you choose to go this route then I advise keeping backups of every uploaded image (e.g. download every image to a local hard drive in your house) in case the host nukes you.

You should also be mindful that if people are allowed to upload arbitrary images that you account for the risk that malicious users may upload copyrighted or illegal material. You would be liable for those violations since the images would be uploaded to your account on the image hosting site.

Thanked by 1noob404
  • @ScreenReader said:

@noob404 said:

@ScreenReader said:

@noob404 said:

@ScreenReader said:

@noob404 said:

@ScreenReader said:

uh-huh sure, whatever helps you sleep bud

Sure, man. I am well-mannered, until someone attacks for no reason. So, thanks for the pomf suggestion, appreciate it.
    But, seriously, learn some manners. Real world interactions are a different ballgame than keyboard strokes.

• @PineappleM said:
    Is a storage server to host the images out of your budget? You can find 2 TB storage servers for $6/mo or less. How many images do you plan on uploading/what sizes are they typically?

You can certainly try to use a third party image site with their API for free and see how long it lasts before they find out and [if they so choose] cut your access. If you choose to go this route then I advise keeping backups of every uploaded image (e.g. download every image to a local hard drive in your house) in case the host nukes you.

You should also be mindful that if people are allowed to upload arbitrary images that you account for the risk that malicious users may upload copyrighted or illegal material. You would be liable for those violations since the images would be uploaded to your account on the image hosting site.

Hey, thanks for your comment. You make valid points. Presently, I plan on having the members use their own API token to upload their images. So, they are responsible for their own content.

"2 TB storage servers for $6/mo or less" is extremely attractive. But, the year's been really tough for me. That's why, I am looking for alternatives for the time being. Given my project gains enough traction, I'd be getting own storage and moving every image there, in which case, I will also have to implement some kinda script to check images for illegal/copyrighted content.

And, thanks for the ideas for backup. Really appreciate your time.