Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite Website Control Panel - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Favorite Website Control Panel

2»

Comments

• @Naruto said: I don't know how. Haven't tried finding out how either. Is it better to do that?

It's how your supposed to do it, and it's very simple.

Just add something like this to the end of your httpd.conf

<VirtualHost *:80> ServerName site.com ServerAlias www.site.com DocumentRoot /www/site.com/ </VirtualHost>

ServerName for your domain, ServerAlias for your domain with a www

• @dancom96 said: end of your httpd.conf

Even easier and better organized

Include conf.d/*.conf

Then put a separate .conf file on conf.d for each virtual host with the above config.

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanked by 2Asim ElliotJ
  • AsimAsim Member

If you dont want to pay then Webmin/Virtualmin has the best GUI and services with lowest footprint

If you can afford, cPanel will handle like 90% of the stuff that you may EVER need to do on ssh

• +1 form webmin with virtualmin..
    I'm using it for my personal vps..

Thanked by 1maznos
  • Virtualmin

I use it on my vps with extra security hardening the server become great

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@BlueVM said: For my cheap/poor clients

That doesnt sound professional at all ... -,-

Thanked by 1Taylor
  • They aren't cheap they are thrifty. They aren't poor they are on a budget. They aren't black they are nevermind, you get the idea.

• I use @dmmcintyre3 's CentOS script almost exclusively, when using CentOS VPSs.
    Other than that, Tuxlite.com on Debian systems :)

For my clients, cPanel.

Who the heck suggested Plesk?!

• I prefer command line but making your own CP is the shit.

• TuxLite script (tuxlite.com) from the beginning and will probably never change.

• Bash, and if it has to be "user-friendly" (blegh) then directadmin...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

bash is user-friendly.

It's just sets higher standards about who its friends are.

Thanked by 3NickM Raymii djvdorp
  • epic true comment above me ^^

• nabonabo Member

@raindog308 said: bash is user-friendly. It's just sets higher standards about who its friends are.

That's what I'm telling my clients of our tax system. They never believe me.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Who needs a control panel when you have bash, seriously. I'm surprised at the amount of people that rely on control panels for simple things.

• Well when you do shared hosting you need a control panel, bash won't be enough.

• Nobody uses Webmin? O_O

• @raindog308 absolutely true there!

• ISPConfig is since three years my favorite choice. After that cpanel comes in. My customers love ipsconfig.

• ISPConfig3...

• @LivingSouL have used webmin when I got into linux servers, quite a good piece of software, the only bad thing is that you do not need to know a lot about what you are doing.. It's just like being a windows sysadmin, just clickety-click and it may just work... :p