Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decent VPS in Seattle with 6 IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Decent VPS in Seattle with 6 IPs

tl;dr: Looking for a Seattle VPS with 6 IPs, 2GB RAM, 2 cores, preference for large slow storage over small fast, pretty flexible with other details. Mostly webhosting, some other rare ephemeral miscellaneous network services.

Template:
VZ Type: KVM is ideal. I want to run as close to mainline Debian as possible.
Number of Cores: 2+?
RAM: 2GB?
Disk Space: 100GB?
Disk Type: Cached HDD?
Bandwidth: 1TB+
Port Speed: >100Mbit
DDoS Protection: No
Number of IPs: 6: that's the number of irreducible distinct web services, port forwards, et cetera. I'm a programmer, I do lots of weird things. I own a dozen or so domains that will direct to these. Not sure what more justification to provide.
Budget: I currently pay $50USD/mo, less would be better
Billing period: Whatever

Tale:

Before Black Friday, I had a Kimsufi-line dedi at OVH. I currently have 10 v4 IPs assigned to it. Been looking to upgrade, as it's ancient.

Come Black Friday, I found another Kimsufi-line offer that was basically an upgrade but a few bucks cheaper. I signed up for that. I guess there's something weird about my other KS dedi, but I can't transfer those IPs to the new one or even exceed 1.

I can't get support to respond to any questions asking why this is. The server is in Quebec, I'm in BC, so the ping is high. I'm irritated and figured it was time to move to a closer host, especially seeing all the Seattle offers out there.

I tried ServerHub. At least, I sent a support request because the only option was +1 IP. I got an email from them a day or two after. Replied to it detailing my request. It's been 3 days now. Clearly they're not too hungry for business.

Figured I'd ask here, as trying to contact another sales department feels like a comparative waste of time. Maybe my IP justification was too flimsy? This is the first time I've had to do anything like that.

Comments

• Don't all providers sell extra addresses as addons?

• Allegedly. Even ServerHub who I spoke to mentioned it. Except (some, not the one I use?) Kimsufi-line dedis at OVH. And ServerHub doesn't seem to have much interest. I'm confused too. Figured I'd make my next effort out-of-band instead of doing the same thing that wasn't working for me before. I'm confused, disheartened, and frustrated, because I was hoping to be using my time right now to be moving between servers. But no, can't even get salespeople to do salespeople things?

• For $50/mo you could probably get ~5 VPS instances each with 2c / 2g resources, have you considered that option? Even better if you find a host that allows creating a private network between them, as those are usually unmetered

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

I can provide below KVM VPS

2GB RAM
    2 CPU Cores
    100GB SSD Storage
    2TB Bandwidth
    Total IP : 6
    Price : $25/month

Note : No mailing/abuses.

As this is not available through our site, create an account with us and open a ticket using this post reference for ordering.

• @RIYAD said:
    I can provide below KVM VPS

Thank you for the offer, but ShockHosting DMed me with the package I will be accepting.

Thank you to LET for this forum. This request may be closed or what-have-you.