Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closest offer to this one?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Closest offer to this one?

I have a server with Bero Host with these specs:

• 8 EPYC cores
  • 24 GB of RAM
  • 720 GB of NVME/SSD
  • 25 TB traffic

Price: 17e/mo

I love the price and the specs but there are network outages way too often unfortunately, so I might have to migrate elsewhere. What is the closest alternative for these specs in terms of price, from providers who have decent reputation for uptime etc?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• @vitobotta said:

• 8 EPYC cores
    • 24 GB of RAM
    • 720 GB of NVME/SSD
    • 25 TB traffic

I love the price and the specs but there are network outages way too often unfortunately, so I might have to migrate elsewhere. What is the closest alternative for these specs in terms of price, from providers who have decent reputation for uptime etc?

Thanks in advance

There's network issues now? I've heard the initial reviews from your thread seem to show it was relatively stable. Was this a recent occurrence?

• I planned to buy a server from them with your reference.

What kind of network problem are you experiencing?

• remyremy Member
    edited December 2023

I've had a server with this provider for a week.
    And so far I haven't had any network problems.

But if you really want to do production work with heavy constraints, then maybe it's not the safest provider.

But I don't think you'll find anything better in this price range in Europe.
    Except netcup.

In any case, if you really want high availability, you need several machines, and load balancing.

• @remy said:

But if you really want to do production work with heavy constraints, then maybe it's not the safest provider.

Except netcup.

Maybe not on the same server node.

I have two Bero Host 8C 24G servers. Yesterday and today, the two servers were offline and down. They did not tell me the reason. An hour ago it went offline again...I had to open a ticket and no response yet.

• @Page said:

@remy said:

Except netcup.

Maybe not on the same server node.

I have two Bero Host 8C 24G servers. Yesterday and today, the two servers were offline and down. They did not tell me the reason. An hour ago it went offline again...I had to open a ticket and no response yet.

Indeed, the server I have is on a different node from the Halloween offers.

The only thing I've noticed is a clear drop in performance since the purchase.
    But when I bought it I was probably one of the first on the node. So that explains it.

Thanked by 1Page
  • @remy said:

Except netcup.

Maybe @Clouvider and @PHP_Friends can offer 7 euro/7 gbp with the same features :)

Thanked by 2Clouvider dataforest
  • @Moopah said:

@vitobotta said:

• 8 EPYC cores
    • 24 GB of RAM
    • 720 GB of NVME/SSD
    • 25 TB traffic

Thanks in advance

There's network issues now? I've heard the initial reviews from your thread seem to show it was relatively stable. Was this a recent occurrence?

Yeah it was awesome in the beginning but now there is a network outage every 1-2 days.

@tra10000 said:
    I planned to buy a server from them with your reference.

What kind of network problem are you experiencing?

The server becomes inaccessible from the Internet and even outgoing connections stop working.

@remy said:

Except netcup.

In any case, if you really want high availability, you need several machines, and load balancing.

It's a shame because it was going so well in the beginning that I was positively surprised for the price.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for mentioning @tra10000 !

@vitobotta id you can stretch the budget, our packages are listed here: https://www.clouvider.com/vps/

Thanks for your consideration!

• @remy said:

Except netcup.

It's a shame because it was going so well in the beginning that I was positively surprised for the price.

I think we all bought on your recommendation. :D

• @tra10000 said:

@remy said:

Except netcup.

Maybe @Clouvider and @PHP_Friends can offer 7 euro/7 gbp with the same features :)

These two are either limited on storage or very expensive for more storage. So far the best I have found are Hetzner auctions for dedis.

• @Clouvider said:
    Thanks for mentioning @tra10000 !

@vitobotta id you can stretch the budget, our packages are listed here: https://www.clouvider.com/vps/

Thanks for your consideration!

Too expensive compared to hetzner dedis as I am already using 600 GB of storage.

@remy said:

@remy said:

Except netcup.

I think we all bought on your recommendation. :D

Well, for the first few weeks it was truly awesome.

• I have a netcup root server from black Friday offer, but it only has 4 dedicated cores. Let me know if you are interested, I can transfer it to you for a small fee.

Netcup RS 2000 Plus SAS G8
    4 Dedicated cores
    24 RAM
    600GB NVMe storage
    120TB at 2.5 Gbps

Monthly contract
    15,23 € (Includes DE statutory VAT .)

• I think we all bought on your recommendation. :D

Well, for the first few weeks it was truly awesome.

Okay, I'll wait before making a longer commitment.
    By the way, I take back what I said about not being affected by the outage.
    I've just noticed that I've paused monitoring for this server...

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@vitobotta said:

@tra10000 said:

@remy said:

Except netcup.

These two are either limited on storage or very expensive for more storage. So far the best I have found are Hetzner auctions for dedis.

Storage is no issue

• @loay said:
    I have a netcup root server from black Friday offer, but it only has 4 dedicated cores. Let me know if you are interested, I can transfer it to you for a small fee.

Netcup RS 2000 Plus SAS G8
    4 Dedicated cores
    24 RAM
    600GB NVMe storage
    120TB at 2.5 Gbps

Monthly contract
    15,23 € (Includes DE statutory VAT .)

I need more than 600 GB as I am already using that amount

@PHP_Friends said:

@vitobotta said:

@tra10000 said:

@remy said:

Except netcup.

Storage is no issue

https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd/vserver-m-ssd-g3-1y would be fine for the cores and memory but I am already using 600 GB of storage.

• The server just came up after 1h30m and I was wrong, this time it was not network issue or not only network, because the server shows uptime 2 minutes.

• @vitobotta said:
    The server just came up after 1h30m and I was wrong, this time it was not network issue or not only network, because the server shows uptime 2 minutes.

They probably rebooted the whole node

• I am one of those looking for large disks, but I prefer premium companies for production.

Hetzner cloud and volumes are a good choice but 100 GB / 4.40 euros

I've seen suggestions for "Prometeus Kpower". Yabs results are good but no ddos protection.

You've worked with "Webtropia" before. What was the problem there? I have a server reseller with them but I have never used it :) Because there is no internal VM backup and acronis fees are quite high.

• @tra10000 said:
    I am one of those looking for large disks, but I prefer premium companies for production.

Hetzner cloud and volumes are a good choice but 100 GB / 4.40 euros

I've seen suggestions for "Prometeus Kpower". Yabs results are good but no ddos protection.

CPU seems weak

You've worked with "Webtropia" before. What was the problem there? I have a server reseller with them but I have never used it :) Because there is no internal VM backup and acronis fees are quite high.

IIRC it was CPU steal. It was fine the first week and then it became like Contabo or something

• @vitobotta said:

I think ideal offers are,

2c 8g 250gb nvme or ssd
    4c 16g 500gb nvme or ssd
    6c 24g 750gb nvme or ssd
    and multiples

These examples are good for shared hosting production servers.

One day, a company will make sales with these rates and become rich :)

A company called Oplink made a similar configuration. But with America's location

• Support said it was an ECC issue and they migrated my server to another host. I hope it gets better but I would still like to have other options for backup.

• @tra10000 said:

@vitobotta said:

I think ideal offers are,

2c 8g 250gb nvme or ssd
    4c 16g 500gb nvme or ssd
    6c 24g 750gb nvme or ssd
    and multiples

These examples are good for shared hosting production servers.

One day, a company will make sales with these rates and become rich :)

A company called Oplink made a similar configuration. But with America's location

The ideal numbers. netcup is offering this but only with their new arm servers.
    https://www.netcup.de/vserver/arm-server/

Thanked by 1tra10000
  • @loay said:

They are already rich :)

Arm CPU unfortunately does not support "Directadmin Datacenter version". I think it only works with the pro package.

Thanked by 1loay
  • Consider @DataWagon in the US. They offer solid uptime and support. Contact them for a custom package that fits your needs.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@vitobotta said: CPU seems weak

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1236
    Multi Core      | 5041
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/4022068

YABS completed in 15 min 2 sec

Define weak.

• @Maounique said:

@vitobotta said: CPU seems weak

> 
    > Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    > ---------------------------------
    > Test            | Value
    >                 |
    > Single Core     | 1236
    > Multi Core      | 5041
    > Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/4022068
    > 
    > YABS completed in 15 min 2 sec
    > 

Define weak.

Uhm I stand corrected. It's not bad after all

• @vitobotta What was the issue with the dedi you merged everything to on Hetzner?

Honest question

• @emgh said:
    @vitobotta What was the issue with the dedi you merged everything to on Hetzner?

Honest question

I don’t remember that o had any problems with it, I just wanted something cheaper since I was cutting costs.

• Hetzner, Netcup, Strato & IONOS for Business use, I use Contabo for personal usage there service is not realible enough for business use. Cheaper then this impossible to find.

• @WhiteRoseG said:
    Hetzner, Netcup, Strato & IONOS for Business use, I use Contabo for personal usage there service is not realible enough for business use. Cheaper then this impossible to find.

Do you know if strato supports custom isos?