Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need some guidance to fulfill a big order.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need some guidance to fulfill a big order.

Hi everyone, I need your help with an order. I started doing reseller hosting a few months ago. A customer wants hosting with 500GB storage, but my current plan can't provide that much space. How can I help them with such a big storage request? They don't know about fancy server stuff like VPS or dedicated servers, they just want hosting with 500GB storage and a control panel like DirectAdmin or cPanel. Also, seeking a long-term commitment. Any ideas on what I can do?

Comments

• DavidAtInfraveoCloudDavidAtInfraveoCloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

You missed $0.99 deal of 500GB Plesk in Tokyo / Germany - or you must have been covered.

There does exist long storage cPanel / DirectAdmin / Plesk plans already by many providers with good rep.

Well, If you are looking somewhere in DE / JP you can grab 500GB Storage Plesk Shared Hosting from us.

• @Uchiha said:
    Hi everyone, I need your help with an order. I started doing reseller hosting a few months ago. A customer wants hosting with 500GB storage, but my current plan can't provide that much space. How can I help them with such a big storage request? They don't know about fancy server stuff like VPS or dedicated servers, they just want hosting with 500GB storage and a control panel like DirectAdmin or cPanel. Also, seeking a long-term commitment. Any ideas on what I can do?

Just buy another plan for that customer? As it is a long term commitment, it should be a good move.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Uchiha said:

Just take a VPS with enough disk space and many providers including us can can give you Direct Admin License free on annual payments, you just need to mange the VPS and give a reseller account to your customer with 500G Space

But you need to know how to manage a VPS or Server

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • Provide managed service

• Just buy a vps and install cpanel or directadmin to it. Easy

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2023

No shame in denying an order. Many times I've told someone, "Thanks for the interest, but we're unable to accommodate your request."

I don't mind doing custom stuff here and there, but unless it's a long term client, someone I know, or they're pre-paying for an extended period of time. But usually requests like what you've received are going to be a bigger headache than it's worth.

Thanked by 3loay RIYAD crunchbits