Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to fix 503 error
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to fix 503 error

I have an DA package with softaculous which I want to use to create some wp sites.
Before creating the blogs, the sites show default index screen with the text "Something amazing will be constructed here..."
However, after using softaculous to create the blogs, the 503-error appears.
"Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."
Provider told me to fix the permission, I tried but then the sites show this:
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource."
I even ask the provider to login to my account and check what happens but they refuse to do thaf, keep asking me about the permission.
I am using several DA packages with softaculous without any problem.
Can anyone tell me what can I do to overcome the issue?
Thank you very much.

Comments

• Your hosting account has low resources, sometimes wordpress plugins can also use high cpu so it can happen.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2023

For what it's worth, I had a customer just yesterday complain about a 503 error coming from DA and I couldn't figure out what the problem was but I determined it wasn't my software (ran fine on customer's alternative hosting). Wonder what causes that - seems DA related (configuration wise)

• @hresser said:
    Your hosting account has low resources, sometimes wordpress plugins can also use high cpu so it can happen.

It is the only site on my account. There is no way cpu problem...

@risharde said:
    For what it's worth, I had a customer just yesterday complain about a 503 error coming from DA and I couldn't figure out what the problem was but I determined it wasn't my software (ran fine on customer's alternative hosting). Wonder what causes that - seems DA related (configuration wise)

Do u have any suggestion?

• "Forbidden

now this is no longer 503. is it turned into 403?

• login into your ftp using filezilla and make sure all files and folders has proper permissions (easier using terminal if it's available)
    • double check your dotfiles
    • iirc DA has Modsecurity, there's a chance modsec is causing that 403
    Thanked by 1risharde
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@ScreenReader said:

"Forbidden

now this is no longer 503. is it turned into 403?

• login into your ftp using filezilla and make sure all files and folders has proper permissions (easier using terminal if it's available)
    • double check your dotfiles
    • iirc DA has Modsecurity, there's a chance modsec is causing that 403

Ooo this is insightful! I use some dot files alright

@dzungbb said:

@hresser said:
    Your hosting account has low resources, sometimes wordpress plugins can also use high cpu so it can happen.

It is the only site on my account. There is no way cpu problem...

@risharde said:

Do u have any suggestion?

Sorry I didn't but @ScreenReader might be on to something

• What did you set the permissions to?

• @neverain said:
    What did you set the permissions to?

I have set nothing, just use softaculous :(

• Try delete it all and do it again, maybe error happened during the first try.

If that doesn't work, maybe check dns. If that doesn't work, try reboot server. If that doesn't work try contact softaculous support. If that doesn't work, try install WordPress manually.