Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OWN.TN | High Performance KVM Servers in Canelones, Uruguay | 58% OFF INSIDE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OWN.TN | High Performance KVM Servers in Canelones, Uruguay | 58% OFF INSIDE

OwnTNOwnTN Member, Patron Provider
edited December 2023 in Offers

We are excited to provide a special offer for our Uruguayan VMs to the LowEnd community. The strategic location of Uruguay in southeastern South America provides optimised latency to global markets.

We strive for an experience a developer may dream of:

• Integrated control panel in billing system
  • Use your favourite console: HTML5 VNC Console, xterm.js Serial Console or SPICE.
  • Power Management (shutdown, reboot, reset)
  • Automated OS installation and network configuration (via cloud-init images)
  • Virtual firewall (configure rules and policies)
  • Network interface and assigned IP viewer: access handy information
  • Performance monitor (track CPU, memory, disk IO and network usage)
  • Easily store, upload and install your custom ISO
  • Residential user type IPs, direct from local ISP
  • Router VRRP and 802.3ad LACP NIC Bonding for redundancy
  • Powered by Dell Enterprise Hardware and Kingston Datacenter SSD drives
  • Hardware RAID 10 on hypervisor with up to 8x SSD drives for performance and redundancy

Your server is also powered by renewable energy!

UY-VM 3G
CPU: 1x Intel Xeon
RAM: 3GB DDR4
SSD Storage: 20GB Hardware RAID 10
Data Transfer: 500GB
Connectivity: Up to 600Mbps*
Port: 1Gbps
Virtualisation: KVM
Original Price: $24/month
Discounted price: $10/month with coupon HB5OWDK19
ORDER NOW (enter promo code during order)

Network

Uruguay: ANTEL TIER III Data Center
Test IPv4: 190.64.201.9

• We have direct connectivity to Europe via EllaLink submarine cable with latency as low as 135 ms to Spain.
  • Terrestrial routes for optimized latency within Latin America to Chile, Brazil and Argentina.
  • Direct submarine cable routes to Ashburn and Miami USA.
  • Optimised routes to Central America via Telecom Italia and Telefonica transit

*Terms: https://own.tn/portal/index.php/page/terms/

Accepted Payment Methods: Stripe (Credit/Debit Cards/AliPay) and PayPal

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Comments

• Do 512 Mb or 1Gb for less

• Expensive

• Uruguay is an expensive location, I bet you won't find any cheaper really. I got one VPS from Uruguay from them and can vouch it works great & has not gotten a single minute of downtime since I got it.

YABS

Thanked by 1OwnTN
  • OwnTNOwnTN Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@niranjan said: Expensive

I think we are offering a special and unique location for the community here with a developers toolkit, and Uruguay is known to be one of the most expensive countries in the South America region. Also we are offering the service in a regional location, away from Montevideo city.

We have tried to go as low as possible to give the community to try something new and exciting!

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2023

@OwnTN said: I think we are offering a special and unique location for the community here with a developers toolkit, and Uruguay is known to be one of the most expensive countries in the South America region.

There already competitor exist who handle many South America locations in one place for cheap. Now its not a issue.

edited December 2023

@jenkki said: in one place for cheap

The market in Brazil etc is highly competitive.

I have not seen one in Uruguay? If you can let me know we can look into doing an equivalent offer.

• @OwnTN said: I am not seen one in Uruguay? If you can let me know we can look into doing an equivalent offer.

Not exactly Uruguay. But Bolivia or Guatemala not less rare than.

Prices from $3 for 512Mb. Varied by exact location.

• You are always trying to sell expensive rare cars in the showroom where people mostly come with low budget and that at least drove for their money. :smile:

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited December 2023

@jenkki said: But Bolivia or Guatemala not less rare than.

Maybe the routing is via USA (not through EllaLink submarine cable or South American terrestrial routes), OpenVZ or 10-50Mbps port speed. Then it can become very cheap.

Capacity Cost on EllaLink is sky high!

We aim to offer a premium product at LowEnd pricing, I think the additional features such as residential IPs with access to low latency cables and special location is worth it :)

• @jenkki said:

@OwnTN said: I am not seen one in Uruguay? If you can let me know we can look into doing an equivalent offer.

Not exactly Uruguay. But Bolivia or Guatemala not less rare than.

Prices from $3 for 512Mb. Varied by exact location.

I hourly deployed VMs on the provider we both know we're talking about and performance is nowhere near this provider.

And it's $4 USD with IPv4 included. $3 is IPv6-only.

If you truly want good network within South America, this provider may be a better choice than the other one. Guatemala is in Central America with 120ms to Brazil compared to 30ms Uruguay. Bolivia is 80ms to Brazil.

• @OwnTN said: Maybe the routing is via USA (not through EllaLink submarine cable or South American terrestrial routes), OpenVZ or 10-50Mbps port speed. Then it can become very cheap.

KVM. I do not even talking about OpenVZ.

Alright, thanks for the comments - we will try to offer a competitive product when the economic situation changes since the ISP is government owned.
    We will let the community know as soon as possible with a new offer when we can pass the lower costs to consumers.

• @OwnTN said: we will try to offer a competitive product when the economic situation changes

Divide your RAM into smaller pieces. You'll sell 6 pieces of 512 faster than you'll sell one piece

@OwnTN said: ISP is government owned.

Well, that's of little interest to anyone

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited December 2023

@jenkki said: Divide your RAM into smaller pieces.

We will think about this - it is a bit more resource intensive to sell more VMs with smaller ram allocation, as it would utilize more IOPS for an independent operating system. Also a user would feel more comfortable with a higher resource allocation.

If you need a custom config, just send us a support ticket or PM and I'll be happy to work something out.

@jenkki said: Well, that's of little interest to anyone

Well this doesn't affect anything for the consumer since Uruguay is a free democratic country with strong data protection laws. It does mean that you can expect better reliability, security and trust in data especially for businesses. I would think one of the most stable, neutral and open in Latin America....

• @OwnTN said: We will think about this

Kazakhstan has not been an exotic localization for a long time. There are a lot of cheap offers. You obviously made the wrong choice. $24 a month is already high end.

edited December 2023

@jenkki said: Kazakhstan has not been an exotic localization for a long time.

This thread was about Uruguay :)

Also if you look at market pricing in Uruguay, our standard price before discounts is still cheaper than what you may find as per our survey.

We have offered KZ with 3G-4G config at $8-$10 from Blackfriday... Also we have 1Gbps while most providers in KZ offer 100-200Mbps shared port speed...

We have multiple client base who have a different budget, LEB/LET is one but we offer them all within rules (50%+ discount).

• @OwnTN said: This thread was about Uruguay

You have two locations with high prices. I'm talking about your entire business.

@jenkki said: You have two locations with high prices. I'm talking about your entire business.

We have different customer bases, some are in the corporate sector and use such services for CDN or specialized tools in the geographical target region.

We are doing a special discount here, that is exclusive to the Lowend community so that you all have access to the same product and service! We would like our services to be sustainable for the long haul.

• @OwnTN said: We have different customer bases, some are in the corporate sector and use such services for CDN or specialized tools in the geographical target region.

We are doing a special discount here, that is exclusive to the Lowend community so that you all have access to the same product and service! We would like our services to be sustainable for the long haul.

All you're saying is generic marketing words with no real relevance.

edited December 2023

@jenkki said: All you're saying is generic marketing words with no real relevance.

Lets explain in more detail:

We are paying a premium to the ISPs for the following:

• Certified Tier 3 DC + SLA (higher colo and administration costs MRC)
    • Local VRRP (router redundancy) and bonding (802.3ad LACP) switchport access: higher MRC
    • White label 'Residential' type IP pool: higher MRC
    • Dedicated WAN circuit with path redundancy/failover (guaranteed commit) option
    • Carbon credit offset for renewable energy
    • International transit route access (EllaLink for UY, PCCW/HK for KZ), 2x increase in bandwidth costs.

We have not chosen to go with the bare minimum, but build our platform with additional features that are not commonly found at the base tier at these locations. For example instead of our UY routes all going into USA or all our KZ routes going into RU (instead we have access to HK), we have paid for access that allows for one of the lowest latencies possible. This does increase operational costs by far.

I hope this makes sense - we are not trying to cut corners here.

• @OwnTN said: Carbon credit offset for renewable energy

A lot of people don't even know what it is, and you're all about high-mindedness

Buyers are not interested in the technical side of the issue. They always just want to get a product at a reasonable cost. How you do it is your own personal problem. Including problems in the Uruguayan government.

Thanks for your feedback and advice - we are more than happy to offer you a custom plan to meet your budget requirements. Send us a ticket or PM and we will be happy to assist.