Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is the best free authoritative DNS service, Cloudflare or Hurricane,
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which is the best free authoritative DNS service, Cloudflare or Hurricane,

please advice which dns hostign i should use for my production servers, and share your reviews/exp of hurricane electric & cloudflare dns hosting,

Comments

• Why not Google

• well, i m not aware of google pros& cons,, so could u enlighten me

• yusrayusra Member
    edited December 2023

Do you look for specific set of features or just asking about the quality of common DNS services?

• Had been using HE DNS and deSEC for production a few years, both very stable. Just keep in mind HE DNS not support DNSSEC yet.

• sivesive Member, Host Rep

I see the most common usage seems to be cloudflare as their authoritative -> recursive ns process is very quick to update. I don't know about many other providers but I've also used google (although being decommissioned) and had no issues with dns records.

• @aakashmishra007 said:
    Why not Google

What's the webpage address to signup for Google?

• We use Digital Ocean which includes free DNS, but I believe you must have at least one droplet.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@bangudopw said:
    Had been using HE DNS and deSEC for production a few years, both very stable. Just keep in mind HE DNS not support DNSSEC yet.

+1 for deSEC.

https://dnsspy.io/scan/soundar.net

• well, i m not aware of google pros& cons,, so could u enlighten me> @josephf said:

@aakashmishra007 said:
    Why not Google

What's the webpage address to signup for Google?

its paid service google cloud

• @yusra said:
    Do you look for specific set of features or just asking about the quality of common DNS services?

i m using hurricane since 10 years,, and quite satified with thier service but was curious to knw abt cloudflare, if thy have any edge over hurricane!

• Is Hurricane free, like CloudFlare?

• tmntwitwtmntwitw Member
    edited December 2023

I have been using cloudflare for authoritative dns, no issues so far, it's very stable. DNS records can be updated via control panel or API.

• @josephf said:
    Is Hurricane free, like CloudFlare?

dns.he.net is free