Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Website builders for providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Website builders for providers

LeviLevi Member

I'am looking for website builder software (self-hosted) in order to offer my clients ability to build their website. Found kopage.com, but it must be tightly integrated into cPanel or DA. My control panel is different, only FTP access available. Any suggestions?

Comments

• We have been looking for something similar, but you find that the self-hosted ones are pretty bad.

The closest we have found is WordPress with Elementor plugin, but that opens you up to a whole load of other issues.

As we have a development team, we opted to go more towards Statamic (not a page builder but just a CMS).

• dev077dev077 Member
    edited December 2023

I'm also looking for something similar and found https://github.com/LiveDuo/destack 2 days ago.
    Demo page https://destack-page.vercel.app/ I don't have free time to test it yet, but it looks really good.

• Somewhat tangentially OT, but what are the best website builders that can run on a Windows PC?

• CM4all is not bad, but costs tons of money.

• Offtop: Site that you have in signature is yours?

It causes my brain to hurt and my vision hallucinates.
    You nailed exact hue of orange text on green background and my brain tries really hard to fight with my deuteranomaly. When I move my head around I see white trails coming from orange text, because my brain tries so hard to sharpen these edges of letters XDD

Was this intended effect?

Thanked by 1Levi
  • @AXYZE said: It causes my brain to hurt and my vision hallucinates.

Holy shit, sorry! Fixed. For me it looked just right. Thank you for feedback.

• What is this? MJJ stuff is definitely not an option.

• loayloay Member
    edited December 2023

@AXYZE said: Offtop: Site that you have in signature is yours?

@LTniger Why block Egypt?

• @loay said:

@AXYZE said: Offtop: Site that you have in signature is yours?

@LTniger Why block Egypt?

Non-desired user base as there was few attempts to host cp.

Thanked by 1loay
  • 1q11q1 Member
    edited December 2023

@mrl22 said: whole load of other issues.

basically remove all the bloat and restrict user access to only needed admin pages.
    And maybe add plugin to export the generated pages to static pages

• Have not tested this project but looks promising: https://github.com/givanz/Vvveb

Thanked by 1dev077
  • @Ne0x said:
    Have not tested this project but looks promising: https://github.com/givanz/Vvveb

No. Please look at kopage.com as example. I need a tool which will be used by my users to build websites on my hosting infra.

• Last update 2021. It is crap as all software in codecanyon.

• @LTniger said:

@Ne0x said:
    Have not tested this project but looks promising: https://github.com/givanz/Vvveb

No. Please look at kopage.com as example. I need a tool which will be used by my users to build websites on my hosting infra.

According to Vvveb's documentation, it is also self-hosted and one-click installer by uploading it via FTP which is similar to Kopage. Also, sqlite option is available if user does not have access to database.

• sivesive Member, Host Rep

A pretty quick way if you want something pretty particular design thats not allowed by popular CMS/Frontend systems like WP is to use Next.js + a component library of your choosing. Next.js/React has super widespread adoption so you could probably find template outlines on google. JSX isnt really my cup of tea so I use SvelteKit which has less wide support and drastically fewer component libraries.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@AXYZE said: orange text on green background

The "orange" is #ea3729 which looks red to me.

• @raindog308 said:

@AXYZE said: orange text on green background

The "orange" is #ea3729 which looks red to me.

And it is red :) orange is like button color. Contrast is high, yes, but it should not affect users with eye sight disabilities.

• @josephf said:
    Somewhat tangentially OT, but what are the best website builders that can run on a Windows PC?

https://nicepage.com/

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • Hey @LTniger - I did have a look at Basekit a few weeks back (www.basekit.com). No prices advertised on their site and you have to schedule a meeting but I investigated and it looks like the entry price was around $20 a month. I did have a meeting scheduled but I bottled it.

Thanked by 1dev077
  • @meditatingsurgeon said:
    Hey @LTniger - I did have a look at Basekit a few weeks back (www.basekit.com). No prices advertised on their site and you have to schedule a meeting but I investigated and it looks like the entry price was around $20 a month. I did have a meeting scheduled but I bottled it.

20$/month for self-hosted would be really nice. But I believe it is way more than that.

• edited December 2023

@LTniger said: I believe it is way more than that

@LTniger - you might be right, when I saw their client list I thought that they might be a little out of my league and that the pricing may have been wrong.
    Would Sitepad by Softaculous work for you?

If you wanted to go down the WordPress route, you could consider MaxiBlocks - it's a nice WP plugin that works with the Gutenberg builder. It's really easy to use for beginners (you can try it for free - it's available in the WordPress repository), it also has a vast library of templates for the paid plans - and they are doing a lifetime deal at the moment - I think $249 for unlimited sites.

• @LTniger - SiteJet is offered for free with Plesk and they are going to start offering it with cPanel (if they haven't already). It's a little bit more difficult to use and the only reason that I would consider it is that Ionos offer a Plesk Web Host licence with all their VPSs (even the 2GB RAM ones).

• Is there any builder with domain provider integration?

It will be good if user can buy a domain name within builder.

• Webstudio.is

Thanked by 1dev077
  • @Dazzle said:
    Webstudio.is

That's SaaS and it requires to download some shady .exe . Red flag.