Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using Atlantic.net VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using Atlantic.net VPS?

I just came across them and their minimum 1C 1G plan is $4/mo, one buck cheaper than Linode/Vultr. They look like an old and established business, but I can’t find much information about them. Does anyone here use them and what’s your experience?

Comments

• Isn't DO also $4/month?

• I once tried their vps for free (one year). It was very stable and the interface was relatively friendly.

• A reliable 1 core, 1GB VPS can be had for cheaper from other reputable providers.

• @davide said:
    A reliable 1 core, 1GB VPS can be had for cheaper from other reputable providers.

What are some examples?

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited December 2023

Atlantic.net seems to be the only VPS provider in Toronto other than Linode (which has moved to using the Akamai network) to have direct peering with all of the major Canadian ISPs (Bell, Rogers, etc). They seem to use Rogers and Beanfield transit, which is nice. All of the other VPS providers in Toronto have exclusively T1 (Cogent, Lumen, etc) transit partners, which isn't really optimal for serving Canadian users.

• hyena56hyena56 Member
    edited December 2023

@josephf said:
    Isn't DO also $4/month?

I think so, for half a gigabyte RAM :D

• They're pretty good, no complaints.

• How big are they?

• I have used them in past for some small projects. Once had an issue and their support staff sorted it within a few hours. They are a decent company.

• used them in past, before they moved to the cloud.
    vps were stable, good support, and bit on higher price.
    but network and overall experience was nice. no downtime.
    quite a old company, 20+ years in hosting business.