Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to Mevspace?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to Mevspace?

All cheap servers are out of stock:

https://mevspace.com/dedicated/amd

https://mevspace.com/dedicated/outlet

Their VPS are also sold out. The “Add to cart” button no longer works: https://mevspace.com/vps

Comments

• They are constantly sold out and new year is coming.

In last months they refreshed more expensive servers (newer Ryzens, EPYC Milan) and looks like they want to refresh budget line too (and they need to because 4650G is EOL).
    I hope they will go with i3-12100 or Ryzen 5500/5600 now.

• @Mevspace share some plans!

• In other thread they confirmed that Ryzens 7950 will be added to offer :)

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

Hetzner decided to kick out several resellers and had to buy analogue servers there.

• @Vova1234 said:
    Hetzner decided to kick out several resellers and had to buy analogue servers there.

Any reason for kicking out resellers?

Abuse issues or as resellers you had many cheap auction servers?

• @Smith42 said:

@Vova1234 said:

Probably abuse, the types of people to buy from resellers are generally the types of people that Hetzner doesn't want on their network.

Thanked by 1v3ng
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

@Smith42 said: Any reason for kicking out resellers?

This began to come in mid-November with various acquaintances. There are no reasons as such.

@fluffernutter said: Probably abuse, the types of people to buy from resellers are generally the types of people that Hetzner doesn't want on their network.

Abuse is prohibited in this data center.

• @Smith42 said:

@Vova1234 said:

I am not a reseller, but had lots of servers on hetzner - 4-5 digits monthly invoices since 2021. Now they deny me to get more servers for unclear reasons - we offered to pay in advance, sign contracts and whatnot, but no chance to get servers from them anymore. We never had any abuse issues or anything, literally just used the servers and paid the invoice for years but here we are now.

• @Cesslor said:

@Smith42 said:

@Vova1234 said:

I am not a reseller, but had lots of servers on hetzner - 4-5 digits monthly invoices since 2021. Now they deny me to get more servers for unclear reasons - we offered to pay in advance, sign contracts and whatnot, but no chance to get servers from them anymore. We never had any abuse issues or anything, literally just used the servers and paid the invoice for years but here we are now.

Which country are you from, if you dont mind sharing?

• @sunnyg said:

@Cesslor said:

@Smith42 said:

@Vova1234 said:

Which country are you from, if you dont mind sharing?

US LLC company account and yes we provided valid documents which they also confirmed were correct/accepted on their end.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

Probably because Servers in the 39,99€ Price range sell like hot beans. Even if 15 year old. trust me.
    So they might be out of stock not too long when re-stocked.

• @HostSlick said:
    Probably because Servers in the 39,99€ Price range sell like hot beans. Even if 15 year old.

They are not out of stock, not by a long shot.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@Cesslor said:

@HostSlick said:
    Probably because Servers in the 39,99€ Price range sell like hot beans. Even if 15 year old.

They are not out of stock, not by a long shot.

I rather refer to Mevspace. Just like the thread is about.

Thanked by 1Cesslor
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2023

Not sure who they are, but sometimes people are out of stock, or do limited budget deals.

Nothing to be concerned about, really. Hell, I've put things out of stock before just to catch up on stuff, not because we didn't have stock, but because I wanted a break and didn't want to process orders. And sometimes we don't have stock because we simply don't have stock available.

Thanked by 1rsk
  • I suppose there is no reason to panic, yes, cheap servers are out of stock but I got another 5950X just today. I work with them since early 2020 and they are pretty good.

• conceptconcept Member
    edited December 2023

I've bought dedis from them before. It's common for them to sell out quick. Great for people who want cheap price and unlimited bandwidth. Also their VPS line is never in stock. It's probably discontinued.