Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo Server down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo Server down

2»

Comments

• @alt_ said:

@arefbhat said:

@alt_ said:
    It is because Contabo will non route your server whenever there is a DDoS attack.

Strange that there is no acknowledgement by Contabo regarding the outage on their server status page. Although many others out there have reported downtime too on their Twitter account.

Oh, I have just checked their status page. They are performing maintenances during last few days if I am not wrong: https://contabo-status.com/

They have not mentioned our host system 15466 there. Most of the maintenance last 30-40 minutes and it has been more than 24 hours now.

• Finally got a message from server "There was an unplanned maintenance on your server..." and thankfully we are back online again. A big thankyou to all of you who supported us and gave us valuable suggestions. Cheers

• btw. unplanned maintenance my ass.
    People turned to work on Monday, they mostly don't work over weekend.

Thanked by 3arefbhat loay tunatech
  • Yeah? I haven't seen any downtime reports from the Contabo users I'm connected to on social media. (Mainly in Japan) This probably occurred only on Node.

• For me the contabo outage is fixed after 24 hours. But there are no explanations why and where this happened (nothing on status-page). It turned out reasonably well for us, as it happened luckily on a Sunday. However, if the outage had lasted longer, it would have been much more unpleasant.
    → Some more transparency and communicating (and speed) would be really appreciated.

• So I don't use VPS in any production, my Kimsufi KS-LE-1 dedicated server continues to work great, I haven't had the slightest problem.

Thanked by 1tunatech
  • @hresser said:
    So I don't use VPS in any production, my Kimsufi KS-LE-1 dedicated server continues to work great, I haven't had the slightest problem.

I use VPS for production only. Dedicated servers for idling only

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

My 3 Contabo / @contabo_m VPSs have uptimes of 60, 270,and 216 days.

Unlike with dedis I'm in fact glad to see no monstrous multi-year uptimes and to see occasional node maintenance performed (no matter which provider), as long as downtime is usually announced and short (minutes or max a few hours).