Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to 5centcdn
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to 5centcdn

5centcdn used to provide akamai based CDN network for around 20 USD per month. It was good as 1000+ pops were there, do u know any other Akamai Reseller who is affordable?

Comments

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited December 2023

What about bunny.net? I have been using bunny.net for several years. Their pricing is affordable. I think new accounts have to spend $1/month minimum.

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • @nick_ said: What about bunny.net?

Bunny.net uses CDN77, not Akamai. It's still a pretty good alternative otherwise.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited December 2023

@sillycat said:

@nick_ said: What about bunny.net?

Bunny.net uses CDN77, not Akamai. It's still a pretty good alternative otherwise.

More like they use DataCamp/DataPacket's network for most of their servers, said company/provider being the parent company of CDN77. They don't resell CDN77 directly.

• I used to use rackspace cdn, just checked and it still works and is still akamai, but I'm in Latam at the moment and it's not hitting a pop here, so I'm not sure if I need to enable this region, or as a rackspace customer I only have access to a subset.

• @Jovanfever said:
    5centcdn used to provide akamai based CDN network for around 20 USD per month. It was good as 1000+ pops were there, do u know any other Akamai Reseller who is affordable?

They no longer offer service?

• @nick_ said:
    What about bunny.net? I have been using bunny.net for several years. Their pricing is affordable. I think new accounts have to spend $1/month minimum.

Bunny is an Akamai reseller?

• @JeDaYoshi said:

@sillycat said:

More like they use DataCamp/DataPacket's network for most of their servers, said company/provider being the parent company of CDN77. They don't resell CDN77 directly.

What's the practical difference?

• @josephf said:

@Jovanfever said:

They no longer offer service?

No, They are using gcore instead of Akamai now.. And service quality is affected a lot.

• alt_alt_ Member
    edited December 2023

@josephf said:

@JeDaYoshi said:

@sillycat said:

What's the practical difference?

Try to ping fonts.bunny.net. They have even more access points than CDN77, because they hosted only partial of points on DataPacket. Also CDN77 is not offering pay-as-you-go plan for now, because is not suitable for personal user or startups.

Thanked by 1nick_