Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPV6 of racknerd in SanJose
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPV6 of racknerd in SanJose

I 've been bought a BF sale VPS from RN, however I noticed that there is no IPV6. I chose the datacenter of SJC, is it possible to apply one ?

Comments

• Did you try to open a ticket with them?
    @dustinc

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @MarkerB said:
    I 've been bought a BF sale VPS from RN, however I noticed that there is no IPV6. I chose the datacenter of SJC, is it possible to apply one ?

This should have just been a ticket.
    Racknerd has no IPv6 in any locations (ColoCrossing), except for Los Angeles (Multacom) and France (velia), where you can create a ticket to get a /128

• Just because ColoCrossing doesn't offer IPv6 for their client. And unfortunately Racknerd is one of their clients lol

• @sh97 said:

@MarkerB said:

Racknerd has no IPv6 in any locations (ColoCrossing), except for Los Angeles (Multacom) and France (velia), where you can create a ticket to get a /128

TIL ColoCrossing have some facilities in San Jose.

Except they're not actually in San Jose lol they're in Santa Clara which is the next city north-west of San Jose.

• threads that could be a support ticket!!

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @Daniel15 said:

@sh97 said:

@MarkerB said:

TIL ColoCrossing have some facilities in San Jose.

Except they're not actually in San Jose lol they're in Santa Clara which is the next city north-west of San Jose.

It's just OpenColo yeah

• What's your problem OP? Just enjoy the clean environment.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2023

@fluffernutter said: It's just OpenColo yeah

Ah, same data center as GreenCloudVPS in "San Jose". GreenCloud do offer IPv6 though. Different transit provider I guess.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • They ran out of IPv6 which is why they are only giving out IPv4 now

• @Daniel15 said:

@fluffernutter said: It's just OpenColo yeah

Ah, same data center as GreenCloudVPS in "San Jose". GreenCloud do offer IPv6 though. Different transit provider I guess.

OpenColo themselves (aka EGI) is dual stack. CC doesn't support v6 in general, their routers can't handle it or whatever.

• Oh, maybe it's because of ColoCrossing. Praying for my double bandwidth.....

• @MarkerB said:
    Oh, maybe it's because of ColoCrossing. Praying for my double bandwidth.....

it 100% is, you can use tunnelbroker.net to add ipv6 though.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Hi @MarkerB -- Thank You for being a valued customer of RackNerd - we sincerely appreciate you choosing us this Black Friday 👊

Native IPv6 is currently supported in our Los Angeles DC-02 and Strasbourg, France locations :)

As for San Jose, this is not yet currently supported by our upstream provider, however you may consider utilizing tunneled IPv6 (tunnelbroker.net) in the meantime. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to discuss options for migrating your VPS to Los Angeles DC-02 location and thus native IPv6 support (it is also in California, so similar latency to SJC), my e-mail is: [email protected]

P.S. We'll review and have your double bandwidth request taken care of soon so no worries there - just working through the orders/requests in our Black Friday thread at the moment :)

Thanked by 1MarkerB
  • It’s hard to know if you’ve got IPv6 connectivity since there’s nothing to ping