Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Micro/Hobby Colo, Full Colo, Dedis and Storage at Microtronix DC (Ohio) - Unmetered BW up to 100G!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Micro/Hobby Colo, Full Colo, Dedis and Storage at Microtronix DC (Ohio) - Unmetered BW up to 100G!

jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

As promised, Micro and Hobby colo options are now live!! Host anything from a Raspberry Pi, to a mini PC workstation at the Microtronix Datacenter in Ohio!!

Colo space, VPS, Shared, Dedis, whole rooms available for colo!! Want custom? Drop us a line and we'll quote custom rack space and power options!

We are one of the few providers that provides phone support for customers, call us anytime during office hours for direct support for your servers or services (419) 458-2880.

Our Website

https://www.datacentermap.com/usa/ohio/lima-oh/microtronix-datacenter.html

https://lg-o.microtronixdc.com

Colocation

Colocation at Awesome Prices!! Free Rack-and-Stack, Internal network available, bring your own router or switch, BGP available free

Our DC Includes:

• Dual inbound 100G DDoS Protection on all traffic
  • Micro DC runs 250G upstream available traffic to the DC!
  • Full Fiber Rack-to-Rack Datacenter, no bottlenecks!
  • Direct Fiber up to 100G per connection available! (1G, 2G Bonded, 3G, 10G, 40G, 100G)
  • 100% Owned equipment and racks
  • Rent our IPs or announce your own range!
  • rDNS available
  • IPv6 /48 Free!
  • Internal network available free
  • Up to 40A power!! Need more? Quote custom
  • 120V & 240V Power drops available
  • A+B Redundant Drops available
  • Free Cross-Connect for full racks
  • Fair-Usage External KVM Access
  • IPMI access (its your equipment!)
  • Secure TenantOS IPMI Access Available free upon request
  • Free rack and stack!
  • All racks are under lock and key
  • Full-rack colo = 24x7 coded access to your rack!
  • Power and Network cables included up to 10U (if bringing your own router you must provide your own network cables)
  • Spare parts storage space included, or we can sell you new parts as needed
  • Free reboots (fair warning, we power cycle the port)
  • 24x7 surveillance, environment monitoring and tracking, hotspot tracking

Hobby/Micro/Mini Colocation - $5 /month/starting

• 1G, 2G Speeds (Unmetered)
  • 0.08A to 4A power
  • Host your Raspberry Pi or Micro PC/Server

Special Order Here

Mid-Tower Colo - $50 /month/starting

Full-Tower Colo - $70 /month/starting

• 1G, 2G, 3G, 10G Speeds (Unmetered)
  • 2A power

1-5U Colo - $55 /month/starting

10U Colo - $285 /month/starting

• 1G, 2G, 3G, 10G Speeds (Unmetered)
  • 10A power

21U Colo - $640 /month/starting

• 1G, 2G, 3G, 10G, 40G, 100G Speeds (Unmetered)
  • 10A power

42U Full-Cabinet Colo - $800 /month/starting + $600 /setup

• 1G, 2G, 3G, 10G, 40G, 100G Speeds (Unmetered)
  • 20A power (Up to 40A!)
  • Free Cross-Connect
  • Direct Fiber

Upgrades

• 2G bonded copper $35/m
  • 3G Fiber $175/m
  • 10G Fiber $500/m
  • 40G Fiber $1,700/m
  • 100G Fiber $3,800/m
  • Cross-Connect free!!

Order Colocation services here

Dedis

Dedi stock updated regularly, check back for new stock on our order form!

Intel Xeon E3-1220v3

• 16GB RAM
  • 1TB HDD or 120GB SSD, up to 4 drives with SSD available
  • 1Gbps Unmetered connection!
  • /29 IPs (5 Usable)
  • /48 IPv6 Free
  • Remote Reboot/Monitor/Reinstall/Console
  • $35/month

Intel Xeon E5-2670v2 x2

• 64GB RAM
  • 1TB HDD or 120GB SSD, up to 6 drives with SSD available
  • 1Gbps Unmetered connection!
  • /29 IPs (5 Usable)
  • /48 IPv6 Free
  • Remote Reboot/Monitor/Reinstall/Console
  • $52/month

Order Dedis here

Backup Storage

Full SSH jailed access to user dir; SFTP, FTP, rSync, Duplicity

Our backup servers run ZFS with up to 7 daily snapshots, we can custom configure this for more or less for each customer. Starting at 1TB, storage costs are $4/m per TB.

World Class 10-gigabit Network with IPv6 Connectivity, No Usage/Seat Fees, No Egress Charges, No Contracts, fully unmetered in/out.

Order Backup Services here

Thanked by 3dedicados SinV lala_th

Comments

• Woahhhhhh

Take my money 💰

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

@plumberg said:
    Woahhhhhh

Take my money 💰

:lol: sign up, lets fill them racks!! :smiley:

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

$3.14/month when?

@yoursunny said:
    $3.14/month when?

You mean rented PiS? Working on it, had a large plate and lots of vacations with holidays 😂 suffice to say when we do launch them, they will be fully automated like vms 😁

• Looks like website down and my vm down also located in your dc.

• micro sounds hella interesting but website being down is kind of a bummer :^)

• They have some explaining to do. This is a pretty long down time.

• Website is back up now

• Dear Customer,

This is a quick email to inform you of some critical downtime we had the night of Dec 8th at 10:13pm EST. Unfortunately we suffered a catastrophic core failure at that time, requiring full equipment replacement at the front side of the network. We are terribly sorry for the downtime caused during this outage and are working tirelessly to put some more network redundancy in place at the front side than what was already there.

Ok, good enough for me.

Thanked by 1shruub
  • I'm thinking about an Orange Pi 5 or Raspberry Pi 5 colocation. It is stated that Raspberry Pi 5 comes with 5V/5A power supply, Orange Pi 5 with 5V/4A.

On this Reddit thread, the Orange Pi 5 with NVMe was tested in a stress test. The maximum consumption was 5.06V 1.78A 9.02W.

If I decide to colocate with you, which power option should I choose at the order placement?

Yes, sorry, we had a critical equipment problem last night. Emails went out to all customers early this morning explaining once we got things fully working and no more issues.

If anyone has any questions please open a ticket.

@Vodol said: The maximum consumption was 5.06V 1.78A 9.02W.

We can definitely host it yes, but that amps to watt ratio doesnt seem right. 2amps is 240 watts, not 10 watts. When purchasing we have the option of 0.08a which equates to 10 watts, so that first option should work for you.

I know the raspberry pi is 6 to 9 watts total at max load. I guess it depends also on peripherals, but I don't see an nvme usb adapter using 100 watts either.

Reading that thread I think they are talking about thousanths of an amp, which would then make sense then.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@jfreak53 said:
    Yes, sorry, we had a critical equipment problem last night. Emails went out to all customers early this morning explaining once we got things fully working and no more issues.

If anyone has any questions please open a ticket.

@Vodol said: The maximum consumption was 5.06V 1.78A 9.02W.

We can definitely host it yes, but that amps to watt ratio doesnt seem right. 2amps is 240 watts, not 10 watts. When purchasing we have the option of 0.08a which equates to 10 watts, so that first option should work for you.

I know the raspberry pi is 6 to 9 watts total at max load. I guess it depends also on peripherals, but I don't see an nvme usb adapter using 100 watts either.

Reading that thread I think they are talking about thousanths of an amp, which would then make sense then.

There is a relationship between the amps, the voltage and the resulting wattage.

It looks something like this: P(W) = I(A) × V(V)

(This is technically for Direct Current, for Single Phase AC it looks like P(W) = PF × I(A) × V(V) ....In AC circuits, the power factor is the ratio of the real power that is used to do work and the apparent power that is supplied to the circuit.)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Does a Raspberry Pi in a case like this still fall under Hobby?
    https://shop.inux3d.com/en/home/81-124-terrapi-evo.html#/11-color-black

@Quartermaster said:
    Does a Raspberry Pi in a case like this still fall under Hobby?
    https://shop.inux3d.com/en/home/81-124-terrapi-evo.html#/11-color-black

I don't see the size anywhere. Whats the size of it assembled? It would have to come assembled to us ready to plug in.

Also, doubt with two ssds that it'll be 0.08a, so you'll need to make sure you purchase enough power.

Thanked by 1Quartermaster
  • ShalamanShalaman Member
    edited December 2023

Considering an Orange/Banana/Raspberry pi but there's a ton of different cases available for each. Some are very similar (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BXP29H8K at 4.13"x2.76"x1.41") in size to a mini-pc (e.g. https://www.acemagic.com/collections/minipcs/products/t8plus at 3.52"x3.52"x1.71").

I really like the $5 price point and want to keep it there ($25/month for mini is outside my budget). What differentiates hobby/mini other than power draw? I'm guessing dimensions? You mentioned assembled size above, so I want to ensure I get something that's still in the hobby range.

@Shalaman said:
    Considering an Orange/Banana/Raspberry pi but there's a ton of different cases available for each. Some are very similar (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BXP29H8K at 4.13"x2.76"x1.41") in size to a mini-pc (e.g. https://www.acemagic.com/collections/minipcs/products/t8plus at 3.52"x3.52"x1.71").

I really like the $5 price point and want to keep it there ($25/month for mini is outside my budget). What differentiates hobby/mini other than power draw? I'm guessing dimensions? You mentioned assembled size above, so I want to ensure I get something that's still in the hobby range.

Mostly dimensions, think NUC or MINIX size. But also, most minis have power converters like a laptop that uses extra space as well.

So compare to MINIX and nuc for size including any power adapters and such.

Price fix update: For any providers out there interested in full-rack, we have just massively reduced our full-rack colo pricing, no setup fees anymore, and it now includes 2G unmetered fiber with base pricing!

42U Full-Cabinet Colo - $600 /month/starting - free setup with 12+ month contract - Month-to-month no-contract now available!!

• Included 2G Fiber - Upgrades 3G, 10G, 40G, 100G Speeds (Unmetered)
    • 20A power (Up to 30A!) 90% usage!
      No other provider gives this much power usage per drop! Even with our bill per kWh we are cheaper than our competitors at full-throttle!

• 20Ax120v 2160w usage
      • 20Ax240v 4320w usage
      • 30Ax240v 6480w usage
      • 30Ax240v Three Phase 11,223w usage!
    • Free Fiber Cross-Connect

• Direct Fiber into rack

Direct buy Caged space coming soon!! Gonna try to have a basic cage space pricing plan up by end of the week, granted with caged space its hard to make cookie cutter, but that's my goal for a basic starting cage space.

View here

• @jfreak53 said:

Also, doubt with two ssds that it'll be 0.08a, so you'll need to make sure you purchase enough power.

fwiw, Kingston A400's are remarkably light on power and great for Raspberry Pi 3 & 4 units. I've got a Pi4 sitting here humming along at 70% CPU load along with 2x A400 SSDs , ~7.6W at the wall @ 240V.

But I just double checked and my Raspberry Pi 5 that I was looking to colo will put it over 0.08a @ 110V.

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

Thanked by 1jfreak53

@Quartermaster said:

@jfreak53 said:

fwiw, Kingston A400's are remarkably light on power and great for Raspberry Pi 3 & 4 units. I've got a Pi4 sitting here humming along at 70% CPU load along with 2x A400 SSDs , ~7.6W at the wall @ 240V.

But I just double checked and my Raspberry Pi 5 that I was looking to colo will put it over 0.08a @ 110V.

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

Wow! Nice! Yeah, you should be fine then at the 0.08A. It depends on the size assembled, which I couldn't see anywhere. If it is the basic size of a Pi regular case, maybe an extra inch to two inches width, that would be fine and fit under hobby, yes. But it would really depend on dimensions if you can get those.

• @jfreak53 said: 42U Full-Cabinet Colo - $600 /month/starting

Are you guys even making a profit? You must have some incredibly cheap power if you are not selling at or below cost.

Thanked by 1jfreak53
    edited December 2023

@eezcloud said:

@jfreak53 said: 42U Full-Cabinet Colo - $600 /month/starting

Are you guys even making a profit? You must have some incredibly cheap power if you are not selling at or below cost.

🤦🏻‍♂️ geez, I just realized my post didn't include our power specs, sorry. Thanks for pointing it out to me. Our website does, and our wht post does, this one didn't.

All Colo but the full rack includes power cost. Full rack we bill kWh separately, and I thought for sure it was in the post. 1St of every month we bill previous month power usage at our discounted rates.

Even still, we are cheaper than our competitors for full rack if you compare their offerings of metered bw, and watts available in their pricing. And if you go over their power included its very expensive. We just bill usage.

That's only for full rack, the other colo options include power.

• @jfreak53 said:

@eezcloud said:

@jfreak53 said: 42U Full-Cabinet Colo - $600 /month/starting

🤦🏻‍♂️ geez, I just realized my post didn't include our power specs, sorry. Thanks for pointing it out to me. Our website does, and our wht post does, this one didn't.

All Colo but the full rack includes power cost. Full rack we bill kWh separately, and I thought for sure it was in the post. 1St of every month we bill previous month power usage at our discounted rates.

Even still, we are cheaper than our competitors for full rack if you compare their offerings of metered bw, and watts available in their pricing. And if you go over their power included its very expensive. We just bill usage.

Hmm, that means I can colo a full rack of 42U but keep my servers turned off. No need to pay for power :smile:

• @jfreak53 said: Even still, we are cheaper than our competitors for full rack if you compare their offerings of metered bw, and watts available in their pricing. And if you go over their power included its very expensive. We just bill usage.

Ok, thanks for the explanation.