Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

myw.pt de location is down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

myw.pt de location is down

Comments

• @MikePT said:

@JasonM said:

@MikePT said: This server had 1000+ uptime days like two weeks ago

yeah! good. I've never seen a shared hosting server having this 1000+ days uptime.

Yep, was the case for this server. Eventually, hw is just getting burned, so time to migrate. We'll migrate in January to a 7950X.

When will SG be upgraded?

• @MikePT said:

@JasonM said:

@MikePT said: This server had 1000+ uptime days like two weeks ago

yeah! good. I've never seen a shared hosting server having this 1000+ days uptime.

Yep, was the case for this server. Eventually, hw is just getting burned, so time to migrate. We'll migrate in January to a 7950X.

May I ask you, are you migrate the accounts with jetbackup disaster recovery, or the built-in directadmin backup tool?

Thanks!

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited December 2023

its seems its again down December, 10 midnight & 11 morning from past 7 hours+ @MikePT

• It's dead again for 3 hours so far @MikePT looks like that legendary uptime is over

• providers deadpooling left and right

• the end is nigh

• its up! its up!! its up!!! finally!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hey everyone, again, hw issues.

New HW is being ordered for the wde1 server, going for Intel Gold CPU's this time.

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said: Hardware will be replaced with 7950X.

@MikePT said: going for Intel Gold CPU's this time.

Why you think it is the issue with HW, especially CPU?

@tentor said:

Because for both wde and wla CPU has been locking and showing signs on specific threads.

@MikePT said:

@tentor said:

Because for both wde and wla CPU has been locking and showing signs on specific threads.

Are you sure it is not a bug in the software (kernel)?

@tentor said:

@MikePT said:

@tentor said:

Yep pretty certain by now.

New hw has been ordered btw.

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • @MikePT said:

@tentor said:

@MikePT said:

@tentor said:

Any ETA?

@COLBYLICIOUS said:

@MikePT said:

@tentor said:

@MikePT said:

@tentor said:

Any ETA?

2-3 days.

The DE server had, til 2 weeks ago, 1000+ days uptime.
    I understand downtime is horrible, I too hate it. It just happened that both WDE and WLA's hardware is starting to fail, the WDE server has more clients, so we're migrating it first, we'll then proceed with the WLA one.

Hardware ordered for WDE:

Intel Gold, 256 GB RAM, 4x1.92 TB NVMe.

• is wla being replaced as well? do you have an ETA on it?

• kenjing789kenjing789 Member
    edited December 2023

Edit: Misclick

• Now what happens to the US server: "Resource Limit Is Reached
    The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later."

Thanked by 1Intelpentium0
  • nfnnfn Veteran

@dzungbb said:
    Now what happens to the US server: "Resource Limit Is Reached
    The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later."

I have the same response too

• @MikePT have you been noticed about the issue?

• How is the DE location doing?

• @josephf said:
    How is the DE location doing?

• @josephf said: How is the DE location doing?

its (DE) up today. did'nt had downtime.

• sivesive Member, Host Rep

Like other issues with drives or motherboard? Perhaps locks are occurring because there are too many processes that are accessing common php dependencies or other commonly accessed files. I always have faith that things are usually solvable without new hardware.

@sive said: Perhaps locks are occurring because there are too many processes that are accessing common php dependencies or other commonly accessed files.

You are either referring to synchronization primitive (like mutex or semaphore) or mixed it with deadlock. Furthermore, in this case the issue happens in kernel I think. Keep in mind that modern kernels are certainly mature enough to be able to handle simultaneous access to files even from different processes.

• @tentor said:

@MikePT said:

@tentor said:

I bet you're right. Similarly configured in software, likely took a bad software update.

I wish the network status page wasn't behind a login so I could set up a page watch/notification instead of F5ing 50 times a day. Putting a network status page behind login is not a smart idea.just one more hassle and thing to fail.

@TimboJones said:

@tentor said:

@MikePT said:

@tentor said:

I bet you're right. Similarly configured in software, likely took a bad software update.

I wish the network status page wasn't behind a login so I could set up a page watch/notification instead of F5ing 50 times a day. Putting a network status page behind login is not a smart idea.just one more hassle and thing to fail.

I'll adjust that tomorrow. You're right.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • Down again :(

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2023

I'm curious if anyone has time to explain this to me - I don't think I've ever come across a CPU problem (I really hope I didn't awaken murphy by saying this) and this is from some limited physical server experience, hundreds of VPSes from providers here and well even commodity hardware here. I'm just curious if this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing that happens. Btw I'm a 3x lifetime customer that doesn't use the service for anything (and I wouldn't put full production stuff on this even if it's stable and that has nothing to do with Mike's abilities but rather I would just hate someone telling me I was stupid for expecting to put prod stuff on a server that costs near peanuts) as yet - I do see myself willing to use it for testing since they run DA so I might be using it to test our apps on it so it's still a good investment for me. Wishing Mike all the best here in getting things resolved!

• @MikePT please fix it mike

• @risharde said:
    I'm curious if anyone has time to explain this to me - I don't think I've ever come across a CPU problem (I really hope I didn't awaken murphy by saying this) and this is from some limited physical server experience, hundreds of VPSes from providers here and well even commodity hardware here. I'm just curious if this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing that happens. Btw I'm a 3x lifetime customer that doesn't use the service for anything (and I wouldn't put full production stuff on this even if it's stable and that has nothing to do with Mike's abilities but rather I would just hate someone telling me I was stupid for expecting to put prod stuff on a server that costs near peanuts) as yet - I do see myself willing to use it for testing since they run DA so I might be using it to test our apps on it so it's still a good investment for me. Wishing Mike all the best here in getting things resolved!

@VirMach is the best person to explain.

Thanked by 1risharde